Destiny vs Sulthraze

Wrathkar

Veteran
What would you take on a ret pala and why? I'm not sure on the proc rate of Destiny, i've used Sulthraze on a dk and wasnt impressed with the proc rate but when it does proc it's entertaining

Sulthraze is a more safe choice due to the fact that it adds a dot, good against runners and stealth classes, it has instant burst dmg on initial hit which is good in pvp (especially makes it harder for healers to predict healing required on themselves as well as their teammates). And another important factor is that it has baseline stats which are quite strong too. As a paladin though, your str>ap>sp(spellpower) so your heals will also be bigger the more strength you have. So imagine getting that str proc on destiny, and your flash heal will probably top you off completely which also can make it very handy, but again it has 0 stats and is only useful in its RNG time. I would probably switch between them depending on the encounter and situation. If you feel like you don't need more survivability I could go for destiny. But if you do, then sulthraz is definitely more defensive also, due to the extra stam/vers but also that the proc actually lowers the dmg done by the target by a not so insignificant amount at this level.
A weapon I would also consider if I were you/a retri paladin, is the Baron Rivendare's Sword. It is most beneficial for a retri paladin of all the classes that can use it because the health regeneration scales with spellpower and only a retripaladin has spellpower who can wear a two-handed sword.
I've seen it giving about 500health every 5sec on 59/60 retri paladin twinks which is nothing to laugh at especially when teamed up with Blessing of Kings, giving you around that 1k ekstra damage mitigation every 5seconds making you pretty hard to kill!

So to sum things up.
- For full burst/dps/with a pocket heal go Destiny.
- For more balanced setup with both dmg and defense go with Sulthraz.
- For a full turtle setup go with Rivendare's Sword.

This is just my opinion. I don't have a lvl 59 retribution paladin, so take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, give Malown's Slam a try. At 59 it procs 188 strength, more than Destiny, and the 2 sec stun is extremely valuable. It procs so often the TINK! noise actually becomes annoying. And you will hit DR on stun in a long fight, guaranteed. I rock it as arms. I don't miss my sully.

it's also free :>

@smashies does it actually proc that much strength? If so, it's amazing. So should I ignore the tooltip on it? (says 50 strength)

Yes, the tooltip lies. It procs nearly non-stop, even on aoe attacks like whirlwind. The str buff is a perma-buff. Like others said if you wanted to get fancy you could weapon switch but the stun happens too much for me to do that much work.

Weapons dont have an in combat unequipped/equip restriction. Get one to proc then switch weapons after proc ends, repeat as needed.

Some ppl dosnt understand that switching trinkets and some wep... Has some CD to trigger their chance om hit. Already tried this and yeah.

Probably some weapons thats not affected by this

How is ret pally in 59s? Thinking about rolling one soon here.

I have an arcane mage and it’s beyond OP
It's pretty good but it's nothing amazing honestly I wouldn't recommend it over other classes like warrior, hunter tbh
[doublepost=1537176431,1537171016][/doublepost]
Personally, give Malown's Slam a try. At 59 it procs 188 strength, more than Destiny, and the 2 sec stun is extremely valuable. It procs so often the TINK! noise actually becomes annoying. And you will hit DR on stun in a long fight, guaranteed. I rock it as arms. I don't miss my sully.

it's also free :>
Nice, any idea how much strength It gives at 49? How long did it take you to get?

It's pretty good but it's nothing amazing honestly I wouldn't recommend it over other classes like warrior, hunter tbh
[doublepost=1537176431,1537171016][/doublepost]
Nice, any idea how much strength It gives at 49? How long did it take you to get?

Say I got a sader, destiny, and meta gem attack speed proc (also would lower cds on main moves like sader strike and judg) would ret not have the burst to kill classes like hunter and warrior?

Also how are their self heals. My 19 ret pally flash heals help a lot, can’t imagine 59 is much different?

Anyone else try 59 ret that can weigh in on this? I have a feeling it might be super strong

Say I got a sader, destiny, and meta gem attack speed proc (also would lower cds on main moves like sader strike and judg) would ret not have the burst to kill classes like hunter and warrior?

Also how are their self heals. My 19 ret pally flash heals help a lot, can’t imagine 59 is much different?

Anyone else try 59 ret that can weigh in on this? I have a feeling it might be super strong
Maybe, I've not got the head gem so maybe that's where I'm going wrong

I have a semi-geared ret that I play occasionally. As long as you aren’t reaching for holy power, you smash pretty good. The flash heal is nice. Especially with a meta proc!
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Belgarin

I roll with a ret pally sometimes and he's always top 3 if that helps. Always see him do work.

AFAIK the str buff from Malowns Slam gives 0 str in practice (tooltip bug) has been like this since the BETA. I would be surprised if they actually fixed it. You guys who claim it work, try to look at your str stat and see if it change at all with and without the buff.

I wasn't sure so I went and tested it and it definitely was buggier than I thought. It did increase my dps once on a dummy but never again. Now, without the str, but the awesome stun procs, I am torn. Haha.

AFAIK the str buff from Malowns Slam gives 0 str in practice (tooltip bug) has been like this since the BETA. I would be surprised if they actually fixed it. You guys who claim it work, try to look at your str stat and see if it change at all with and without the buff.

I have this on my 49 warrior, fury. With dual crusader too. I am hitting up to 600 strength with this and double crusader, with a unprocced amount just around 300. And my damage definitely increases.

ret or arms war for 59? gogo peace and love <3
[doublepost=1537299265,1537299195][/doublepost]or should I say, strongest 2h spec at 59 <3

Users who are viewing this thread