• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Lightkîng

Veteran
Hi everyone,

So a while back i discovered the existence of these Stone Statues created with the Jewel Crafting skill. I couldnt find a lot of information about it so I did some testing and wanted to share my results with the community :)

https://www.wowhead.com/item=25883/dense-stone-statue

The Dense Stone Statue is the highest of the stone statues one can craft. (Requires JC level 225)
It uses the same CD as your battle standard so it can be combined with other healing effects like potions or item on use effects.

The stone statue has 177 hp and is lvl 50.
After summoning the statue it takes about 3 seconds before it starts casting a blue beam on you.
The beam will heal you 23 times for an amount of 10 Hitpoints with a total of 230 HP over +-25 seconds.
https://gyazo.com/6aebffa713484fd0258291c2bd0eb7ca

When the statue is destroyed the healing stops , same happens when the statue gets taunted or stunned. I have read that when going out of combat with vanish, invis pot etc the heals stops but the statue starts attacking. I have yet to successfully test this.

The item itself is BoP but can be used without having the JC profession so this made me think.
What if you drop your Alchemy to create a shit ton of these and store them on your bank and than just swap right back to alchemy.

The Alchemist's Flask can be used on Alchemy lvl 1 so you dont have to grind back that boring and expensive alchemy skill.
81e922b9fdd62d72d7ffc5c7895f6360.png

I hope these will last me for a while i dont use them very often but as I play glass cannon arcane mage they can make the difference. They already saved my life a couple of times :p

00e552fb7160401e8305f96ecd174655.png

What are your experiences with this item ? Do you think this was worth it ?
I think I spent about 20k Gold in total to get the JC up and Craft these statues.

Peace :)

Last edited:
I use this item on my enh shaman but I would not suggest it for most classes since a boost to primary stat easily outweighs this items effect in most cases. Enh does not scale very well w agi so I don't mind losing a little to have this item effect. It is not allot of healing but kinda nice. I use it usually when I pop my defensive cds macro (trinket neck Dren racial heal) I think its most effective when used alongside other healing or smh reduc cds since the tick is so low and it takes so long to get the full heal you will not survive w this thing alone.

They seem to have been nerfed pretty hard at some point, I used to use them a long time ago but just got them on my lvl 19 monk only to have them heal for 5 hps when I thought it used to be around 50 hps

Thanks for all the input. Any of you had any success trying to get these statues to attack ? i will try by using gnomish cloaking device to get out of combat and hopefull the lvl 50 statue will do some mad dps :) will post results when i get back home from office

10 hps seems more symbolic than actually effective, lmao. Can't you kill it either, or? 177 HP is like 1 ability. So if you can even kill it, then it's def. not worth. Even if you can't kill it, it doesn't seem worth.

10 hps seems more symbolic than actually effective, lmao. Can't you kill it either, or? 177 HP is like 1 ability. So if you can even kill it, then it's def. not worth. Even if you can't kill it, it doesn't seem worth.

having a decoy can also be useful i guess :p

Not that worth atm.
Push blizz to make consumables greater than even in vanilla, so people wont just flock to alchemy
Imagine
500-800 damage dynamite (why aim it for less than double digit numbers)
This sick statue healing for 20-30 per second

Shares CDs with quite a few items. Or at least the statues used to. Past patches may have changed that however.

/cheers

the statue is complete garbage, its literally still using its 2.0.3 burning crusade mechanics

just use the charged crystal foci which is like a lvl 55 or 60 healthstone( and yes even those are nerfed to not heal the "supposed" 2k but rather 1.4kish life last time i checked...but then again that was 2 xpacs ago in WoD)

having a decoy can also be useful i guess :p
This 'decoy/target dummy' effect was actually one of my main draws, years ago before these became unusable in BGs. The healing back then was pretty meh, and more often than not, I outran or blinked out of range. So, I still never used them much....

However, if you pop a statue near you, it may become the target of someone trying to click-select your char. More commonly, it would draw tab-targetters, and your statue may take a nuke that was meant for you or a team mate.

Additionally, OUTside of BGs, they also act like a target dummy. Mobs will attack the statue, in preference to you. NOW: my hope is that inside a BG, you can drop one to get some hunter/lock/etc pet off your case. I never did confirm that, though.

Users who are viewing this thread