General Darkmoon Faire Guide

Rhaellia

Has Been
RZzG9wZ.jpg

Introduction

Hello! This is my guide for the Darkmoon Faire. When I first made this, the faire was pretty new and not much info was known about it. These days, there's tons of guides on the internet about it. Some of those guides are Wowhead, Icy Veins, and Joystiq. These guides focus on a more broad audience, mine focuses purely on F2P. They're pretty similar but mine has some stuff excluded, so P2Ps will probably want to view those other guides :)

If you played WoW Pre-4.3, then you may have gone to the original Darkmoon Faire. If you hadn't well, it wasn't exactly spectacular, in fact, it wasn't even really a faire. These days it's a pretty cool place to hangout, with games, tonks, and of course, loot!

[video=youtube;sL47hpnPSgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL47hpnPSgs[/video]
(Super awesome video by Purse!)

You can... fish up a Sea Pony! Take part in the Darkmoon Faire Deathmatch! Get exalted with the Darkmoon Faire with quests and turn-ins. Purchase Darkmoon Faire themed items for transmogrification or a dancing bear mount! Visit the Darkmoon Rabbit or the underwater cave! Even fish up a hat that looks like a fish, a fish hat that you fish to get!

Or... buy an heirloom?! Yep, you can do that. The Darkmoon Faire sells all of the PvE (ones you would normally buy with Justice Points) heirlooms for varying amounts of Darkmoon Prize Tickets. A type of currency you will get very familiar with shortly, but first more stuff you can buy!

Loot & Prizes

Heirlooms

Daenrand Dawncrest <Heirloom Prizes> sells all of the PvE heirlooms. You will see "duplicates" of heirlooms, these are to upgrade them so that they scale to 85. This has no effect for us.

2h Weapons & Bow: 160

Trinkets: 130

1h Weapons and Armor: 110

Need confirmation on Musty Tome of the Lost, I remember at being at the faire but I can't find it on Wowhead.

Mounts & Pets

Lhara <Pet & Mount Prizes> sells Darkmoon Faire exclusive pets and mounts. It will take at least two months to get one mount.

Souvenirs & Stuff

Gelvas Grimegate <Souvenir & Toy Prizes> sells a variety of vanity items. Some for transmogrification! He also sells the Darkmoon Balloon for some reason.

Getting Started

The Darkmoon Faire - Is the starting quest for the faire, if you haven't already done it. You'll receive a Free Ticket Voucher which when turned in will give you 5 tickets and a Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide to get you started. If you can not obtain this quest you can receive your guide from a Darkmoon Faire greeter which can found by the portal to the faire.

Ticket Totals & Breakdown

For your first month of the faire you can get 163 tickets total. This is if you haven't already done the Darkmoon Faire intro quest (
9qFUfA8.jpg
The Darkmoon Faire and
VVJACMX.jpg
The Darkmoon Faire) and you did the dailies before they reset the day of the faire's arrival. Every other month after your first, you can get a total of 158 tickets.

Dailies: 35 or 40, if you did them before the first reset.
Kill Quest: 10
Artifacts: 40 for PvE, 15 for PvP.
Primary Professions: 44
Secondary Professions: 9, not counting Archaeology, of course.

Extra Tickets
Darkmoon Deathmatch: 5, from looting the chest.

Daily Quests

A large portion of available tickets you can get each month are through the daily quests listed below. They're fairly simple carnival type games, the cannon one can be effected by lag but the rest are straightforward. You need a Darkmoon Game Token for each attempt at each game, they can be bought from sellers throughout the faire at varying prices and amounts. Completing primary and secondary profession quests also provide one token each.

Each daily gives you a Darkmoon Game Prize, these prizes replaced the old reward system which was just a ticket. These prizes can contain 1 ticket and also a lot of the items that the faire has to offer such as the companion pets or the Darkmoon Cloak used for transmogrification!

Completing all the dailies at least once and will earn you the achievement Step Right Up.

Artifacts

What are artifacts? Artifacts are quest items you loot in dungeons and battlegrounds. You can turn each one in, once a month when the faire is in town. They give lots of tickets.

In order to find artifacts you need to have your Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide in your bags. They don't drop every run or every corpse you loot. If you are in a dungeon group others that have a guide can roll on it too, however, only the dungeons ones can be rolled on. The artifacts still drop when the faire isn't in town so its a good idea to stock up on them during the rest of the month. Like the profession quests these are repeatable but only once per month, unlike the dailies which reset everyday at 3:00 AM sever time.

PvE

These artifacts are looted from bosses in dungeons. Deadmines, The Stockade, Shadowfang Keep, Blackfathom Deeps, Wailing Caverns, and even Gnomeregan, all have at least one boss (some have two!) that can drop one of the following artifacts:

!Ornate WeaponAdmiral Ripsnarl and Randolph Moloch
!Imbued CrystalTwilight Lord Kelris
!Mysterious GrimoireLord Godfrey and Lady Anacondra
!Monstrous EggMutanus the Devourer and Aku'mai

It should be noted that Mekgineer Thermaplugg also drops Ornate Weapon. F2Ps can't queue Gnomeregan but we can still run the dungeon.

*F2Ps can't obtain or use A Treatise on Strategy or Soothsayer's Runes, so we can not get Darkmoon Dungeoneer or Darkmoon Despoiler.

PvP

These artifacts are looted from enemy corpses in battlegrounds. Just right click on enemy corpses to remove their insignia, you may have to loot a few before you see one.

!Banner of the Fallen
!Adventure's Journal
!Captured Insignia

Profession Quests

In order to do profession quests you have to have a skill level of at least 75. Otherwise, you won't even see the '!' on your minimap. Each profession quest can be done once per month including secondary professions.

Primary Professions

Alchemy
! A Fizzy Fusion - You'll need 5 Moonberry Juice which can't be bought at the faire and 5 Fizzy Faire Drink which can only be bought at the faire from Sylannia <Drink Vendor>.
Blacksmithing
! Baby Needs Two Pair of Shoes - Take your Iron Stock that you receive from the quest giver and take it to the anvil/forge located by Daenrand Dawncrest <Heirloom Prizes> return and put the shoes on the horse.
Enchanting
! Putting Trash to Good Use - You'll need to gather 6 Discarded Weapons which can be found around the faire grounds. Disenchant them into Soothsayer's Dust.
Herbalism
! Herbs for Healing - You'll need to gather 6 Darkblossoms which can be found around the faire grounds.
Jewelcrafting
! Keeping the Faire Sparkling - You'll need to gather 5 Sparkling 'Gemstone's which can be found around the faire grounds and 'cut' each one into a Bit of Glass.
Mining
! Rearm, Reuse, Recycle - You'll need to gather 6 Tonk Scraps which can be found around the faire grounds.
Tailoring
! Banners, Banners Everywhere! - Use your Darkmoon Banner Kit with 1 Red Dye, 1 Blue Dye, and 1 Course Thread. Place the banner.
Engineering
! Talkin' Tonks - Take your Battered Wrench to the left of the shooting gallery and fix up the Damaged Tonks.
! Writing the Future - Use your Bundle of Exotic Herbs to mill them into Prophetic Ink, then use the ink to scribe Fortunes with Light Parchment.
Leatherworking
! Eyes on the Prizes - Use your Darkmoon Craftsman's Kit to make 5 Darkmoon Prizes, you'll need 1 Course Thread, 1 Blue Dye, and 2 Shiny Baubles per prize.
Skinning
! Tan My Hide - You'll need to gather 4 Scrape Staked Skins which can found around the faire grounds.
Completing any of these quests counts towards Faire Favors.

Secondary Professions

Cooking
! Putting the Crunch in the Frog - Use your Plump Frogs with 5 Simple Flour to create 5 Breaded Frogs, bring them to Stamp Thunderhorn <Food Vendor> and toss them into the cauldron next to him. It doesn't seem like you can miss. So, no worries.
Fishing
! Spoilin' for Salty Sea Dogs - Fish up 5 Great Sea Herrings from waters around the faire.
First Aid
! Putting the Carnies Back Together Again - Use your Darkmoon Bandage on Injured Carnies which spawn right by the quest giver.
Completing any of these quests counts towards Faire Favors.

Darkmoon Deathmatch

Deathmatch stuff.

Fishing

Fishing stuff.

Buffs

Darkmoon Carousel

Riding the carousel provides the buff WHEE! which stacks up to 60 mins the longer you stand on the carousel or ride it. It requires a Darkmoon Ride Ticket which can be bought from Kae Ti <Ride Tickets> standing right outside the ride.

Darkmoon Top Hat provides a similar buff but they do not stack and is lost when you die.

Sayge

Sayge buffs go here.

Achievements

EasyPoints
Come One, Come All!5
Attend the Darkmoon Faire.
Blastenheimer Bullseye10
Score a bullseye when launched from the Darkmoon Cannon. Can be difficult but you don't need help with it.
Darkmoon Defender10
Turn in all three battleground Darkmoon Artifacts.
Faire Favors10
Complete at least six profession-based quests at the Darkmoon Faire.
I Was Promised a Pony5
Ride a Darkmoon Pony.
Quick Shot10
Score a Quick Shot at the Shooting Gallery.
Taking the Show on the Road / Taking the Show on the Road10
Launch off Darkmoon Fireworks in every friendly capital city.
Difficult-
Darkmoon Duelist10
Win the Darkmoon Deathmatch and receive a Pit Fighter trinket.
Darkmoon Dominator20
Win the Darkmoon Deathmatch twelve times and receive a Master Pit Fighter trinket.
That Rabbit's Dynamite!10
Slay the ferocious Darkmoon Rabbit. Will need help, ideally an invite to a raid.
Impossible (can't do)-
Darkmoon Dungeoneer10
Turn in all five dungeon Darkmoon Artifacts.
Darkmoon Despoiler10
Turn in all nine Darkmoon Artifacts.
Fairegoer's Feast10
Consume one of every Darkmoon food and drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only person thats too lazy to do this DMF ****? I just have 0 interest in the minigame quests :<

They're worth checking out, but once you've done that, the only reason to continue doing them is the achievements and ticket rewards. Two mounts. Six pets. Various novelty bank slot filler. The interest in the games themselves is minimal. I did the original flying and tonks but I lost interest fairly quickly in those. I did them again since there were achievements involved, and I've been doing the dailies for tickets. After the twentieth time, I'm not exactly doing them for fun.

So, if none of the rewards or achievements appeal, then there is really no reason to bother obviously.

nice...here's some more ideas

so far that i'm aware:

ornate weapon= deadmines, SFK, stockade, Gnomer, SM

imbued crystal=ragefire chasm, SM

monstrous egg=wailing caverns, BFD

mysterious grimoire=wailing caverns, SFK, SM

also on your comment "Completing any of these quests counts towards Faire Favors." under professions. you could probably note that they all have to be done during the same faire to count for the achievement. Not only do the quests reset every month, but so do the achievements (wondering if this might be a bug though).

suggestions:

*add fishing as you can get both Darkmoon Firewater (14AP at lvl20) and the Sea Pony

*add a guide for the sayge buffs.

also, i don't know about anyone else, but my artifact quests most definitely did NOT reset (although my profession quests did)...hoping its a bug.

also, since its a DMF guide, maybe include the items you can purchase?

Wow, I'm glad this was a hit, I sunk yous battleship, yes? :'D

nice...here's some more ideas

so far that i'm aware:

ornate weapon= deadmines, SFK, stockade, Gnomer, SM

imbued crystal=ragefire chasm, SM

monstrous egg=wailing caverns, BFD

mysterious grimoire=wailing caverns, SFK, SM

also on your comment "Completing any of these quests counts towards Faire Favors." under professions. you could probably note that they all have to be done during the same faire to count for the achievement. Not only do the quests reset every month, but so do the achievements (wondering if this might be a bug though).

suggestions:

*add fishing as you can get both Darkmoon Firewater (14AP at lvl20) and the Sea Pony

*add a guide for the sayge buffs.

also, i don't know about anyone else, but my artifact quests most definitely did NOT reset (although my profession quests did)...hoping its a bug.

also, since its a DMF guide, maybe include the items you can purchase?

A lot of this stuff you mentioned is on my to-do list but it'll take some time, so much stuffs D: I was aware of the other dungeon drops but since they can't be run by all F2Ps on a whim I figured it would need a special note attached.

As far as Faire Favors, is this confirmed? Cause I did mine the first month so I didn't experience this. And some quests seem bugged mostly the two PvP ones but I've heard of others having the PvE ones not reset. Hopeful they'll fix this soon, it must be a bug cause some work, some don't just wouldn't make sense.

And turtles have been confirmed by El's Extreme Anglin' here.

Still lots to come I'd been thinking about this on and off and I finally decide to after visting TI after I logged for the day (bad idea), so it's not even close to being done :d

Edit: Working on profession quests now :)

As far as Faire Favors, is this confirmed? Cause I did mine the first month so I didn't experience this.
not sure if anyone else experienced this but i'm 100% sure the count reset for me. Last month i had 5/6 prof quests done and had to redo them all over this month to get 6/6.

last month i did three secondaries + herb + alch. This month i did enchanting expecting the achievement to pop and it didn't. Looking at the achievement, the only prof showing was the just-completed enchanting....so i had to redo the 3 secondaries & alchemy and then dropped enchanting to power-level inscription for the achievement.

This is a great guide Rhaellia. I just had a couple of general questions about DMF, that I'm sure anyone else can answer pretty easily. This is my first time doing DMF.

-So doing all of the math based on the numbers in the guide post, the max possible tickets while only doing two profession quests is 107 (+5 for the initial "Go to the island" quest.) So 112 is the most tickets you can get per week while only doing 2 prof. quests? I'm really just asking someone to check my math here. Sorry >.>

-About the Sea Turtle, does it get fished up instead of the crate from the debris, or is it inside the crate? I've fished up maybe 30 crates, and I realize the turtle is rare, but I'm just wondering if I see it, where will it be?

not sure if anyone else experienced this but i'm 100% sure the count reset for me. Last month i had 5/6 prof quests done and had to redo them all over this month to get 6/6.

last month i did three secondaries + herb + alch. This month i did enchanting expecting the achievement to pop and it didn't. Looking at the achievement, the only prof showing was the just-completed enchanting....so i had to redo the 3 secondaries & alchemy and then dropped enchanting to power-level inscription for the achievement.

Okay, I'll note this as a possible bug :)

Edit: Hmm... how should I word it? May or may not be bugged? o_O

This is a great guide Rhaellia. I just had a couple of general questions about DMF, that I'm sure anyone else can answer pretty easily. This is my first time doing DMF.

-So doing all of the math based on the numbers in the guide post, the max possible tickets while only doing two profession quests is 107 (+5 for the initial "Go to the island" quest.) So 112 is the most tickets you can get per week while only doing 2 prof. quests? I'm really just asking someone to check my math here. Sorry >.>

-About the Sea Turtle, does it get fished up instead of the crate from the debris, or is it inside the crate? I've fished up maybe 30 crates, and I realize the turtle is rare, but I'm just wondering if I see it, where will it be?

I'm not good at math x)

The turtle is fished in the pools most likely don't think a sea turtle can fit in a crate :p

i got both of mine in bgs actually.

They still drop, just the quests have yet to reset on those quest items.

Go to the fair - 5

4 dungeon artifacts - 40

3 PVP artifacts - 15

2 primary profession quests - 8

3 secondary profession quests - 9

Test of Strength quest - 10

5 daily carnival attraction tickets - 35 total (40 if you do them between 12 & 3AM on Sunday where the game counts it, I guess, as Saturday)

So, 122 if you do everything normally and 127 if you do the dailies twice on Sunday...hmmm: twice on Sunday...just now noticed that.

Users who are viewing this thread