Dancing steel or Landslide?

Cloudieqt

Veteran
Hi m8!

I ve seen few rogues with 2 x Dancing Steel (Somnie, Dream's char) other with 2 x Landslide (Blackberryy).
So the question is... which is the best choice?
For what reason?
Is it dependin' by spec/gear?
I ve tried to understand before doing the post...but... it's not for me.

Thx!

-Maelee-

If you take a look at the BiS enchants/gems thread, you'll see that Dancing Steel procs twice as often, but the proc is only half as good. AFAIK they both stack and refresh themselves.

In the end it will probably depend on whether you want a burstier proc that happens less often, or a less powerful proc with a more consistent uptime. Evaluate the type of engagements you find yourself in and decide which is best.

As an example, I play a 79 enh shaman and always queue solo. So I go for Landslide - my goal is to burst down as quickly as possible, not engage in prolonged battles, especially against multiple enemy twinks. If I ran with a healer buddy, I would probably go for Dancing Steel.

In the end of the day, I don't think either enchant will make or break your twink. Both are good.

Hi m8!

I ve seen few rogues with 2 x Dancing Steel (Somnie, Dream's char) other with 2 x Landslide (Blackberryy).
So the question is... which is the best choice?
For what reason?
Is it dependin' by spec/gear?
I ve tried to understand before doing the post...but... it's not for me.

Thx!

-Maelee-
Landslide is the better choice, more than 2x the ap, and it actually procs a bit more than half as much as dancing steel, with some games having a 33% uptime +. I’d assume, Somnie uses dancing steel because he has the mop 2200 version which is a pretty big flex. He also plays sub and since ds is almost gaurneteed to proc on opener, it is a bit more effective for sub from an opener perspective

Users who are viewing this thread