US Current State of the 90s Bracket

c32VAt7.jpg

Dint even realize, i never see anyone. :(

edit- hey, do you still think Writhe is the best tier 1 talent or does malefic have decent potential for burst?

Last edited:
I only ever spec with the expectation that i'll be alone most of the BG... 90% of the time i'm off on objectives while the rest of my team is fighting somewhere useless. I need to worry more about burst than quantity, generally.

Keeping 20 sacks on the 1-2 people also doing objectives is kinda pointless when one side dies before it stacks there.

edit- case in point, that game i was fighting mines all game while your team was fighting at the base of the ramp from BS/farm to LH while you got 4-capped.

Affliction as a class is designed to be focused on mass rot dmg and are of most use to the team if they're in big population areas - ex. flag area of EOTS, WSG initial middle battle, etc.. Channeling drain soul leaves you open to counterspell and will cause you to not be on top of all your other dots. I only cast drain soul on a MUST KILL kill target only after I dumped all my UAs on him. Aff lock's dmg is most noticeable if the fight is a little more organized on both sides, with healers. Aff lock's dmg will eclipse even balance druids the longer the fight draws out.

In faceroll matches, affliction can't reach up to 20 stacks and my dmg is less than others, but those games don't matter anyway.

As for PUG bgs, if the plebeians cannot figure out how to cap bases and dps I could care less now. When our DKs/locks are pulling 800k dmg there's no hope for the team. In solo queueing BGs, I've noticed alliance has 1-2 *stars* while the rest are complete keyboard turning garbage. Horde are more evenly distributed mediocre, but better than garbage.

Last edited:
BTW that shadowpriest on our team was pulling close to 5mil dmg the next game...according to recount, his SWP was hitting harder than my talented/artifact empowered corruption and his VT ticks were hitting harder than my UA. This is a level 91 spriest that knows how to play...no gear, no artifact, nothing.

of most use to the team
Not saying you're doing it wrong at all, but its not much use to the team for the team to ignore objectives.

BTW that shadowpriest on our team was pulling close to 5mil dmg the next game

Which one? The one with 3 mil wasnt very good, the other i only saw once and I mongo'd him to death before your/his dots got me. It's just dots, man.... keeping yours up i see takes some doing, but spriest is just cast-VT-on-anyone-in-range damage.

edit- did you uh.... lose that one too? :)

Out of curiosity, how much advantage do you think we really get being geared? At 730 ilvl we're looking at like maybe 13% stat improvement? That makes your 5mill 91 spriest a 5.6mil 99 spriest... It's not all that incredible.

I do, however, have 20% bonus to VT on mine via the artifact.... i only played the one game tho and i spent it mostly guarding stables. Just 2-3 people rezzed thru for us at a time, so i dont know how badass spriest really are in road-fighting glory.

They feel pretty badass tho - but once focused are stomped pretty easy. Like i did yours.

I think 30% advantage is a good rough estimate. The HP bonus, artifact and artifact ability make it a huge advantage for all classes.

As for the PUG spriest - his damage was 2nd highest in the game and his dots hit harder than mine. I'm just pointing out that spriests have some potent tools. Esp. considering this one had no gear, artifact talents. He's multidotting - which is honestly rare to say the least. So he's above mediocre. Ungeared spriest should be mowed down very quickly, though.

As for winning, I pretty much win all my games since I'm a living god. It's hard to keep track of all the winning MK does. Flukes happen I guess when the WSG gods doesn't appreciate my huge, veiny, demonic infused slobberknocker destroying the Horde on an industrial level.

I pretty much win all my games since I'm a living god.

I know... all this talk about losing was confusing me. :)

As for the PUG spriest - his damage was 2nd highest in the game

So was the terrible one in our game. The one with 2 KB even with a 40yd 2x execute on the team that lost by over 1000 points. You managed 9 with rot damage and weaker dots.... the point i'm trying to make is the difference between damage and meaningful damage.

He had 3 million damage with literally zero impact on the outcome of the game beyond hastening defeat. Oops, sorry - he did cap a node actually. That does make him top-shelf material alliance side... that faction is predestined to lose. Kudos to every win you force out of them.

I've tried Malefic Grasp and I really really like it ! I have no quantifiable evidence, it's just fun !

So i finally took a look at my talents on my spriest... swapped a few around to try a big-dmg rot game... sat in queue for 25 minutes to get into a ToK where almost no one came into mid trying to return the orbs, and no ally went into middle with one, and everything else is 95% LoS. Did more damage with the old build in AB. =/

edit- also, did relics always not work in BG? I dont mean artifacts, the extra relic slots in them are disabled. Sux.

Users who are viewing this thread