Critical Bug Found Please Report Immediately!!

Symandria

Legend
Update: It sounds like the free for all buffs meta may not have actually existed in vanilla and everything is probably functioning as intended. People are telling me you could only use buffs a little bit higher level than your character, so low level characters back then could not have max rank buffs. I guess at some point that was changed in BC when I played so I was under the mistaken impression that it probably had been that way in vanilla too. Thank you all for helping me investigate this : )

Original Post:

Hey!! I found a terrible bug in the game that will seriously effect twinking compared to how it used to work.

Right now ALL BUFFs are being scaled down in level! So if a level 60 gives you Power Word: Fortitude you won't get 640~ HP, you get like 80.

Once upon a time I always went around town asking for buffs to get my 19 rogue up to 2411 HP before entering WSG (BC and Wrath era). Now.. unless they fix it that future is gone.

THEY CHANGED IT, they kept retails "downscaling" of buffs algorithm active.

Regardless of whether you think low levels should have high level buffs or not this is a big change, and if we let them make 1 big change unchecked other bugs will share the same fate. And pretty soon it might be outright intentional changes, not just mistakes.

Please feel free to test this bug from any low level character and then report it to Blizzard, the more reports they get about it the more likely they are to actually do something.

Last edited:
I didn't play until bc but are you absolutely sure that wasn't how buffs worked in 1.12? I mean it could have worked that way in 1.11 but been changed in 1.12 and classic is based off of 1.12.

Ah so it worked in Cata too! Based on the video.

And yes I'm sure it worked that way in vanilla. Originally Blizzard just did what would feel right for classes, warlocks had a way to kill their own party, people's buffs were as strong as they were. As time went on Blizzard started doing more "balancing" type changes, besides can you think of 1 good reason why they would "remove" scaling if it had been there all along. I am confident! That vanilla worked the same way as BC, Wrath, and it appears Cata in this regard.

That's where I'm at mfdoom, deeply saddened by a huge deviation from the way things were. This is now the 4th bug I've reported (none have yet been fixed). And definitely the most serious.

Please report this bug!! We need a lot of actual reports going to Blizzard and spread the word! : ) Thank you!

"Deeply saddened"
"Most serious"
"Critical bug"

Go outside lmfao

Edited to include "critical bug" as if anything about this is critical
[doublepost=1569945808,1569945760][/doublepost]
One of the highest dps mages and greatest theorycrafters I have ever met. I think he’s alright in that aspect.

I'm rolling at the fact that you think your endorsement means jack shit. Thanks for the laugh at work Cuckleberry

Buffs scaled down. Just not all the way, atleast in BC. For example if a 19 priest buffed you with fort it would give you 8 stamina but if you got fort from someone with a higher rank it would give you 16 stamina, even if the priest got more when putting it on himself.

"Deeply saddened"
"Most serious"
"Critical bug"

Go outside lmfao

Edited to include "critical bug" as if anything about this is critical
[doublepost=1569945808,1569945760][/doublepost]

I'm rolling at the fact that you think your endorsement means jack shit. Thanks for the laugh at work Cuckleberry

If it's an intentional change I would say it is critical. If blizzard is changing things in vanilla for all we know removing twinks from bg's is next.

If it's an intentional change I would say it is critical. If blizzard is changing things in vanilla for all we know removing twinks from bg's is next.

How??? Twinks are basically geared levelers? The only thing they can do is remove x9 from being able to queue battlegrounds which will never happen.

How??? Twinks are basically geared levelers? The only thing they can do is remove x9 from being able to queue battlegrounds which will never happen.

The same way they removed them in wrath and again in BFA. If they intentionally changed the way buffs work who says they won't continue to make small changes here and there. Over time all those changes add up and we're left with two versions of retail. I'm not trying to say what will or won't happen but I'm personally convinced blizz will fuck classic up.

The popular theory is that they'll add something like 100xp for every BG

But I think people are being paranoid. there's no reason for them to make twinking hard/impossible in classic. It's an iconic part of the game

That'd be a good way for them to lose a ton of subs. I dont think they should alter the game at all.

I'd like to know in what reality you consider scaling buffs and removing twinks from BGs as being remotely on the same level.

I repeat. Go outside.

As I've stated previously if they make one change who says they won't make more. If they do make more changes where does it stop? It doesn't matter if buffs and twinks are on the same "level". Blizzard thought buffs needed to be changed for whatever reason. Here's the problem, we already know their stance on twinks. I'm not saying they're going to remove twinks I'm just saying if they start changing things its a very real possibility. There are changes that could be made that would actually make classic better but Bizzard can't be trusted to do it. For every one change they make that I like there would be 10 that I hate. This isn't about changing buffs or twinks. It's if they start making changes where does it end?

On a side note is it really that difficult for you to just have a reasonable discussion on the forums without immediately turning to trash talk and insults?

Words used by OP certainly feels overly dramatic in a comedic way

But still, #Nochanges

Users who are viewing this thread