Crafted Gear Potential for 14s

ameliajj

Hello! I'm wondering if there is any potential for 14 bis gear to come from epic crafted gear (TBC's spellfire set, etc) scaled down to 14 with Relic of the Past. Anyone tried it? Is there a common wisdom that its all just bad and I don't know about it? etc.

Spellfire cant be scaled down, whitemane is legacied. But theres a plethora of cool items to build a 14 with even if none of those are included.

Hello! I'm wondering if there is any potential for 14 bis gear to come from epic crafted gear (TBC's spellfire set, etc) scaled down to 14 with Relic of the Past. Anyone tried it? Is there a common wisdom that its all just bad and I don't know about it? etc.
what class what spec ? i have been using crafted 14 toons since the start .. its BIS (only selected slots) .. now with the ilvl54 .. it will be fun .. also might want to note .. 14 gears can last you from 14-19 without changing .. at 19 use the full set of ilvl28, then at 23, use the exact same config as you were at 14, just use ROTP II .. at lvl29, change to the full set of ilvl37

what class what spec ? i have been using crafted 14 toons since the start .. its BIS (only selected slots) .. now with the ilvl54 .. it will be fun

Hell yeah! I haven't decided on class/spec yet but wondered if Disc priest had any potential. Whatever I choose would depend on what's available, scalable, etc

Hell yeah! I haven't decided on class/spec yet but wondered if Disc priest had any potential. Whatever I choose would depend on what's available, scalable, etc
i am always mostly mm hunters .. mm allows me to 1-2 shot almost anyone in the 2 brackets ..10s and 20s

There are quite a bit of crafted BoE epics which, in my opinion, are BiS.

While they are generally the same item level as dungeon drops, they often have more secondary stats and very good socket bonuses, which make up for fewer socket than dungeon drops. In contrast to BoE Legions with sockets, they also often have two sockets, being the only pieces with Mastery on them with good stats, sockets (bonuses) and mastery.

The only problem is.... there's no epic leather/mail that works with Relic of the Past, only rare ones and Demon Hunters (almost) don't get anything at all as the Rare PvP gear is bound to class (but they are still quite good).

The most profitable choices are items with two sockets and a socket bonus. Socket bonuses usually brings the primaries to the same level of a Legion BoE, but then you have two sockets instead of one, making it much better. For clothies Robe of Eternal Rule/Robes of Creation, Spelltwister's Gloves and Falling Blossom Sandals are great. For plate there's Haunted Steel and Ghost Reaver epic pieces.

A lot of Crafted Gear from Pandaria Patterns… Blacksmithing, Leather Working, etc… has Mastery on it with sockets. Some classes really benefit from Mastery so it beats out a lot of Dungeon gear. I have 3 lvl 15 Twinks and I use more than a few pieces of crafted gear.

The biggest pain is getting the patterns because they are all discovered patterns on a daily cooldown so it will take about a month to get all of them, one day at a time.

One thing to keep in mind if you are going for true best in slot… at 14 the BoE gear is ilvl 22 versus the crafted gear at ilvl 19. In most cases the ilvl 22 will be better unless the ilvl 19 has more sockets.

Last edited:
A lot of Crafted Gear from Pandaria Patterns… Blacksmithing, Leather Working, etc… has Mastery on it with sockets. Some classes really benefit from Mastery so it beats out a lot of Dungeon gear. I have 3 lvl 15 Twinks and I use more than a few pieces of crafted gear.

The biggest pain is getting the patterns because they are all discovered patterns on a daily cooldown so it will take about a month to get all of them, one day at a time.

One thing to keep in mind if you are going for true best in slot… at 14 the BoE gear is ilvl 22 versus the crafted gear at ilvl 19. In most cases the ilvl 22 will be better unless the ilvl 19 has more sockets.
I tried the same thing when ROTP crafting was out and after testing it for a few months, I stopped. When you are in bg, ROTP is good when you don't meet anyone with full ilvl22 (with max mastery) or worst anyone with full socketed ilvl22 (with full mastery). So I ended collecting ilvl22s from AHs. Also to note, if a ROTP meets a geared lvl19 with ilvl28s with their appropriate secondary stats (same class vs class), ROTP can put up a small fight will always die. Good thing though, in 10-19 bags, fewer and fewer chance you will meet debuff twinks so it's a good fun way to gear ROTP.

Users who are viewing this thread