Craft Beer

Anyone else around here into craft beer (and old enough to talk about it)? I've always liked good beer but have recently gotten really into craft beers. If you're a craft beer fan what are some of your favorites?

For me, it's things like Pliny, Chimay Blue, Rochefort 10, BCBS, The Abyss, ABT 12, Milk Stout Nitro, Pannepot, FBS, etc. I like all types but especially Belgian Strong Ales and Stouts (Imperial and Sweet).

-Ink

I just drink beer, and I think craft beer is difficult for me. 3D MMORPG The Lost Titans looks not bad, but it doesn't allow players to skip the main quests mainly for newbies. It wastes experienced players' time. And I think it is better to give a "skip" button for players to choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like beer but I dunno what craft beer is

What is craft beer and why should I like it? What's the difference between craft beer and say blue moon

Yes - this guy right here. My neighbor is a sales rep for Left Hand (Milk Stout Nitro).

Mayflower has an amazing porter (if you're in the northeast).

I like beer but I dunno what craft beer is

What is craft beer and why should I like it? What's the difference between craft beer and say blue moon

Blue Moon and other Coors beers are fine for most people. I'm certainly not going to try to tell everyone otherwise. But there's different levels of good and sometimes the higher levels of good cost more. It's like burgers: I'm happy to eat a McDouble but would usually rather eat a Five Guys burger (insert local better burger).

Craft beer is basically small batch, micro-brews. Due to the smaller scale there's usually a higher attention to detail in the beer quality. It's simply impossible for Coors/Miller, Bud, etc. to pay the same level of detail because they're making beer on such a large scale.

Being introduced to craft beer is a blessing and a curse as you'll be ruined for drinking cheaper macro stuff and sometimes have to pay more for the craft stuff. If Blue Moon is cutting it for you by all means stick with it. But if you'd like to venture into craft beers you may never desire to pick up blue moon again (though if you're like me you'll still drink it if its offered to you).

Yes - this guy right here. My neighbor is a sales rep for Left Hand (Milk Stout Nitro).

Mayflower has an amazing porter (if you're in the northeast).

Nice. I love LH milk stout nitro. It's a standby beer for me. I haven't had Mayflower's porter. I live in Colorado and we don't get it here. There's a lot of good beer here though so I'm not complaining. :)

-Ink

All - if you like beer definitely get out there and try new stuff. Chances are your area has great tasting events (read: free beer in moderation).

<3

I live in paradise, so many small, high class breweries in my area! And Belgian and Czech and Polish Beer and Pilsener and Urbräu and Irish and and and

So many lovely things close by. ^^

I love me some Irish beer :) As I am an Irishman myself ^^

Last / only good Irish Pup closed years ago when the Irish proprietor and his German wife moved to Ireland. :( I was very sad!

Last / only good Irish Pup closed years ago when the Irish proprietor and his German wife moved to Ireland. :( I was very sad!

I like Irish pubs if they have other stuff than Irish beer. If I'm going European beer it's going to be Belgian every time. Those Belgians know how to make fantastic beer (especially the Trappist monks).

-Ink

I like Irish pubs if they have other stuff than Irish beer. If I'm going European beer it's going to be Belgian every time. Those Belgians know how to make fantastic beer (especially the Trappist monks).

-Ink
Trappist is amazing. :) Best make it a Dubbel. ^^

But make sure to give Czech and Polish a chance too. :) And Germany has some horrible and some truly amazing beers.

I've met an Irish man in the Bahamas at a bar (he took his boat there) & let me tell you it is almost impossible to understand a drunk Irishman is you're not Irish yourself XD

Belgian Beer's are indeed excellent. Which ones did you try, Ink?

Should try one of these:
- Karmeliet
- Duvel
- La Chouffe
- Grimbergen
- Leffe Blond
- Westvleteren (but this one is kinda rare)

These are almost all Triple tho.

Thanks Ink and all others. Now I really want a beer and it's only 9 a.m.

Ink - WTB moar twinking.net content :eek:

Aww, clicked on thread cause i thought you were actually running a microbrewery, lol.

Love good craft beer. The US has really popped up alot of small producers in the past 10 yrs. I enjoyed alot of great beer banging around Austria and Germany several summers ago, but I can't remember the names lol.

Left Hand has a beer called The Stranger. I thought that was pretty funny.

Should try one of these:
- Karmeliet
- Duvel
- La Chouffe
- Grimbergen
- Leffe Blond

I've had 4/6 on the list. All great. Hoping to score a Westy XII brick here next week. We'll see.

I think my favorite Belgians so far are: Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueuze, anything Cantillon, Chimay Grand Reserve (Blue), Struise Pannepot, Rochefort 10, anything St. Bernardus (had Pater 6, Prior 8, Trippel, and ABT 12). I like Trippels but think I like Quads a bit better.

The U.S. has a lot of great beer though too. I think the best beer I've had in the last few weeks has been The Abyss from Deschuttes. Amazing...

-Ink

Nice - I feel like this thread is now my weekend homework :p

Should try one of these:
- Karmeliet
- Duvel
- La Chouffe
- Grimbergen
- Leffe Blond

Duvel and Leffe are amazing, went with some friends of mine to Brugge and drunk some Brugse zot, really liked that one aswell!

Users who are viewing this thread