Consumables in general.

I say do what you must to win except of course exploit. I remember back in TBC as a 39 Gnome Frost Mage I was king of BG's until I ran into a warlock and windfury Shamans and the only way I could win is shadow pots and speed pots to get the hell away from Shamans.

This topic is a sore spot for most people. Saying your crutching on consumables is like saying your crutching on enchants.
I understand this topic can go both ways, especially when you find yourself in or out of the drivers seat so to speak. In my opinion, it's in the game, your a twink and being a twink is about maximizing your potential for the upper hand on any level as long as it's legit.

Pugs are pugs. If you want to chug on pots and speed around the map, go for it.
Making a twink, the theory behind it in my mind is to push your character to the limits in all ways that don't break the ToS. If you can't use pots in pugs because of an 'honor' code being broken, then it's time for a different game. The resources are there, make use of them. Why not?

Wargames however have rules that can be set. I'd be surprised if speed potions aren't banned for the majority of them.

99.9% of people who consumble abuse are objectively and mechanically shit at the game, change my mind.

Who cares if someone uses consumables. My opinion - judge them yourself. If someone has to use a speed pot to escape you because they fucked up then fine, if they don't then kudos. Stop complaining about someone using a consumable just because you can't afford it or don't think it's fair. That's YOUR choice.

I do not use speed potions and as salty as I get when someone chain uses them... that's their problem.
[doublepost=1577978887,1577978808][/doublepost]
99.9% of people who consumble abuse are objectively and mechanically shit at the game, change my mind.

When I'm being four stacked by rogues as a priest FC. You bet, I'm going to use healing potions and minor recombobulators haha.

I was getting bomb stunned 4 to 5 times in a row yesterday and just resolved to make better use of bombs myself (even though I’m not a gnome so disadvantage)...,I just chalked it up because that’s the game.

I was getting bomb stunned 4 to 5 times in a row yesterday and just resolved to make better use of bombs myself (even though I’m not a gnome so disadvantage)...,I just chalked it up because that’s the game.
100% the attitude you should have.

Mind still hasn't been changed. All i see is crutchlords.
So why can we not apply that same logic to healing potions, elixirs, mana potions, enchants, etc. ? Isn't the entire idea of twinking to min / max your toons?

You realize if NHF used speed pots as much as you guys have you would literally never take a single game off of them right?

Which takes me back to my question, why do players who are mechanically and objectively shit the ones who abuse consumables as a crutch.

dont-do-drugs-kids-speed-methamphetamine-c10h15n-an-addictive-central-55179032.png

only gays do speed

You realize if NHF used speed pots as much as you guys have you would literally never take a single game off of them right?
My statement still stands brother. The "spirit" of twinking is to MIN/MAX your toons. What that means to you versus what that means to me can be different things and that is okay.

Seems like a common private server culture.
Maybe. Maybe not, I wasn't a private server guy. That's just always been my opinion on twinking. If you can afford it, go for it. Again, this is coming from a guy that does not use speed potions. But I have no issues with people using them.
[doublepost=1577980461,1577980427][/doublepost]
Maybe. Maybe not, I wasn't a private server guy. That's just always been my opinion on twinking. If you can afford it, go for it. Again, this is coming from a guy that does not use speed potions. But I have no issues with people using them.
Mostly because I'm too cheap to spend 1g a pop :D

Which takes me back to my question, why do players who are mechanically and objectively shit the ones who abuse consumables as a crutch.
Thing is, NHF are heavy consumable users themselves - just not many speed. It was a group of them bombing me. The idea that aoe stuns are good but speed pots bad reeks of someone benefiting from bombs and being hurt by speed pots.
That’s why I’m fine with them all.

Users who are viewing this thread