Confirmed return of Skirmishes

Juliye

Legend
So... it has been confired with blue posts that Skirmishes will be back in WoD.

However, with the fact that they will yield rewards, do you guys think it will be able to anyone or just max lvl? My personal guess would be that it is only going to able for level 100s with the fact of conquest reward, however, as it is now with random bg award we yield honor at lower levels, and conquest at max. Perhaps it will be the same for the new skirmishes.

[h=1]Arena for Everyone: Skirmishes[/h]You might recall the Skirmish feature that went alongside ranked Arena play when that feature was first introduced. It was virtually identical to ranked play, with the exception that there was no ladder or rating involved. However, Skirmishes felt very redundant at the time, and few players took advantage of them, so they were removed with the release of Cataclysm. However, as more and more players get involved in PvP, a higher demand for a form of “lower-pressure” Arena gameplay made us think it was time to revisit the Skirmish idea . . . and make a few important improvements along the way.
In Warlords of Draenor, Skirmishes will return as a form of unranked Arena play that will allow you to queue for 2v2 or 3v3 battles with friends or by yourself. Winning a Skirmish will reward you with Honor and a random bonus, which could be gold, more Honor, a small amount of Conquest Points, or possibly something entirely different. We think this will be a great way for players who haven’t tried Arenas before to get their feet wet, and will allow experienced players to experiment with alternate specs or builds without worrying about tanking their rating.

took them long enough

i always err on the side of blizzard fucking things up, intentionally or not. so id say 100s only due to reward and their general fuckery

It's a tweet, and he's not positive about it. So hopefully every level can benefit, but only time will tell.

If this comes through it would be very attractive for twinks to come back, I personally have been waiting for this since it got removed. I'd would be playing all my twinks again non stop.

If this comes through it would be very attractive for twinks to come back, I personally have been waiting for this since it got removed. I'd would be playing all my twinks again non stop.

probably why they'll fuck it up.

tin foil hat time: with the small, and not so small, nudges to kill twink pvp since LK it would appear this will be for 100s only. this continued death of twinks, and no new blood coming in, will give blizz just the excuse they need to eliminate xp off bgs (since not enough activity), BUT we still wont be allowed in with xp off, and eventually they'll just remove the xp npc all together (cuz why have them if theres no xp off bgs? it was their purpose) and either force twinks to be bank/show off toons and finally get rid of what they irrationally hate, just to please some guy who wants to faceroll lvl to 100+ via pvp.

If this actually turns out to be available at low levels, twinking should see a revival.

i will be testing on the PTR as soon as it's released. Hope for the best guys, if it doesn't work will report it as a bug 1000000 times

and theyll just ignore you 10000000 times

The 5v5 looks interesting... oh wait.

Lets play unbalanced 2v2 and 3v3 :D

It is not a good idea anyway, it will create to much elitism instead of fun cause of rewards. We have our wargames now so nothing is changing except ... yes the rewards.

Blizzard has so much bad ideas for this game and this one thing is way to late like usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
and theyll just ignore you 10000000 times
maybe.

And who even cares about rewards? I dont, just wanna play skirms because they were the most fun part of 19s for years

skirms are 100x better than wargames because you can solo que...

Users who are viewing this thread