EU+US Concerning the secrets of delevelling

Andinh

Grandfathered
Long story short, my dear Level 20 gnome mage was levelled to Level 21. This was a combination of my own oversight when dungeonneering and a bug affecting my level locking that occurred due to jumping between f2p and subscription periodically.

I've read many stories and seen even ticket responses where a delevel was granted but it seems that all GMs I've tried to contact have told me delevelling is simply not a service they can offer? Even a personal chat with Vrakthris was trying to convince to me that delevelling is impossible, to jumping to the idea there is a time limit to delevelling (even though one player on this forum was delevelled nearly a year after levelling...), and then attempting to convince me of a bunch of other undisclosed factors that he could not reveal to me. It seems disheartening that the functionality of delevelling exist, but policy restricts them.

I've had days of playtime of my gnome. I miss exploring Northrend and other high level areas with goblin flying kits, running away from incredibly powerful monsters as a silly level 20 gnome.

I am determined to eventually get to a GM who would finally delevel me but I was wondering if anyone had advice or further information on this matter?

Last edited:
Not very popular, but if you have tried everything else... I'd suggest RPing, it worked for me lol... maybe they play along.
https://xpoff.com/threads/they-see-me-rping-cool-gm-responses.68787/

Most GMs will say no. I was denied mine at first :( It's not a sevice they provide and some even say it can't be done.
But it is possible. Just gotta find the right gm (and make them remember you, in a good way, lol) I wish youu luck <3

Last edited:
Its easier if you recently did a faction change/server transfer etc, if thats the case they can just "restore" your character to that point. I had my 20 warrior twink deleveled in MoP maybe. wrote a ticket straight after and it was nps for gms. im guessing here but i think the temporal aspect is very important

Thanks for the encouraging replies! Also it seems like the general consensus is call > live chat > ticket response. Do you think it would be worth it to call them?

I've also read that sending them continuous tickets after being rejected is a bad idea, but the best way to do it was to create irrelevant tickets (in order to get a live chat) and finesse your way into a delevel after they ask if you need any other assistance.

Think very hard when you get close to the 10th ticket. 10+ on the same subject and you get flagged, and they'll tell you to stop addressing the isue.

I didn't know this and played my cards poorly regarding another issue, because I basically just kept spamming tickets on a near daily basis. Even attempted live-chat.

Ah I see. A shame that your issue was unable to be resolved but I will use this information wisely. If I remember correctly, I think I've made about five tickets thus far across four months of trying to get a delevel. I will try making tickets for smaller problems in hopes of getting a live chat from this point.

Anyone had experience with calling Blizzard customer service? It seems like my country supports it so I might consider it.

I think you confuse internal Policy with plain stupidity and lack of Training at Blizzard for their CM's. While I'm sure they do have guidelines of what CM's are and are not supposed to do, the FACT that some have gotten it done while others face brick walls of death is the clearest indication I see that's it's simply a lack of Training on their end.

I was told that the time period had simply past. I was levelled 150 or so days ago. I was told that it would've been possible to delevel if it was within two months. But I did ask them right after I was levelled, I ask them thoroughly. Every time being rejected.

I guess it those days I relied only on tickets, not live chat which has been far more enlightening.

Is there any point of keep trying? I couldn't bring myself to lie that the levelling has occurred recently. They simply checked before I could say anything and told me that I have long past the limits.

I feel that the fact I was given a day of free subscription to fix my level lock (and hence I levelled in a dungeon after when I thought I was f2p but wasn't) meant that they did not consider the problem on their end.

What do I do now? Is there anything else I can do at this point? Do I keep asking? Lie that it only occurred yesterday or mere hours before next time? I don't know what to do now. I just want my gnome back.

I was told that the time period had simply past. I was levelled 150 or so days ago. I was told that it would've been possible to delevel if it was within two months. But I did ask them right after I was levelled, I ask them thoroughly. Every time being rejected.

I guess it those days I relied only on tickets, not live chat which has been far more enlightening.

Is there any point of keep trying? I couldn't bring myself to lie that the levelling has occurred recently. They simply checked before I could say anything and told me that I have long past the limits.

I feel that the fact I was given a day of free subscription to fix my level lock (and hence I levelled in a dungeon after when I thought I was f2p but wasn't) meant that they did not consider the problem on their end.

What do I do now? Is there anything else I can do at this point? Do I keep asking? Lie that it only occurred yesterday or mere hours before next time? I don't know what to do now. I just want my gnome back.

Try the RP thing

I did. I went all out, acted like the internet and xpoff was an ancient archive of forbidden knowledge, made a story about my other characters and fellow twinks mourning the loss of my overlevelled gnome.

Maybe I needed to work on my storytelling skills...

Maybe you gotta invent a time machine

Long story short, my dear Level 20 gnome mage was levelled to Level 21. This was a combination of my own oversight when dungeonneering and a bug affecting my level locking that occurred due to jumping between f2p and subscription periodically....

I feel your pain. My Main Vet 20 Monk was dual wielding Shadowfang as well as having lots of nice gear & enchants when I accidentally levelled to 21. I didn't even think about asking to go back a level (to my eternal regret), so can't offer direct advice.

That said I have had things done for me by a GM that others have said is impossible.

My advice would be to be nice and, as previous experience listed above shows, be a little creative. Same in every aspect of life.

GMs are just people doing a job & are not generically bad people.

"Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the blind obedience of fools." Find someone who thinks like that too.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Alright. I guess I will give it a break for a week or two and attempt a new live chat then? I will be away for awhile and I guess this gives it time between requests so it doesn't get marked as spam. This GM closed the live chat after concluding that he couldn't simply delevel as the levelling logs of my character were gone after two months so there was no evidence to grant a delevel.

It's certainly annoying. Anyone have any other tips? Especially regarding the lack of level logs?

I've already tried the desperate cringe-inducing attempt for roleplay, create tickets under other issues before bringing it up as delevelling and being nice and memorable.

Also for the people that have experienced a delevel, what was the time period between levelling and actually getting the delevelling? I'm very afraid that the fact it has been 150 days for me makes it impossible, but I've read of the exploits of Turtle who had a larger time gap but managed it.

Also for the people that have experienced a delevel, what was the time period between levelling and actually getting the delevelling?

My delevel was probably not even a week apart from when I leveled on accident.
Sad to see the rp thing didn't work :ccc did you get a livechat? that'd have to be awkward as fuck xD We don't get livechat or phone calls xD (unless it's related to payment things haha).

I've been granted a delevel about 4/5 times. Every time it was because I paid to resub and forgot to lock the xp. That's all I had to explain to them, and they helped me out. Didn't even have to explain I was twinking or RP'ing. Just told them it was an honest mistake to forget locking the xp after PAYING to resub.

The one time it didn't work, I got another GM that did it no questions asked.

The good thing about 20s is that they only take a couple hours to level up and gear, it's not like it's a huge loss. Just make another 20. Or you can level your gnome up to 29 perhaps? I feel your pain tho.

I've been granted a delevel about 4/5 times. Every time it was because I paid to resub and forgot to lock the xp. That's all I had to explain to them, and they helped me out. Didn't even have to explain I was twinking or RP'ing. Just told them it was an honest mistake to forget locking the xp after PAYING to resub.

The one time it didn't work, I got another GM that did it no questions asked.

The good thing about 20s is that they only take a couple hours to level up and gear, it's not like it's a huge loss. Just make another 20. Or you can level your gnome up to 29 perhaps? I feel your pain tho.

Amazing! I used this same excuse (for a character that levelled many months ago) and he was finally delevelled after months of turmoil! Thank you so much, I wouldn't of been able to get him delevelled without knowing about what happened to you.

Users who are viewing this thread