Concerning Satchel Bug, a post was made on official forums

Noble

Legend
Hi everybody, as almost everyone may now, there's a bug with random dungeon satchels and many players, even if they've been farming those items, reported it to GMs.

But I thought that it'd go faster by posting directly on official forums.

So I made two post on PvP forums :

- English post

- French post

It seems to me that this bug only happens on EU realms, but if it happrens on US realms aswell, feel free to copy-past the english post.

Dude you're killing me here! You know i was doing dat!
<

~Oliks~

Anyways it's not going to be fixed in 1 minute. You still have plenty of time but sorry, those items aren't good for the bracket.

For Blizzard, this issue actually has quite worse impact than few OP lowbies. Using this technique, you can actually powerlevel any character 1-60 within few hours since theres no XP nerf for lower level party members. Thats why they probz gonna or should fix it soon. I wouldnt expect lvl req. on those items right now or in very near future.

glad to see people are working on getting it fixed
<

if it still takes a while for lazy blizz to fix it-

1. make lvl 15 and lock xp

2. get high lvl gear, turn xp back on

3. rape

4. millions of thread on official forums

5. profit (and by profit you lose that gear
<
)

yh, perm ban profit for exploiting game bug to advantage yourself in game, thats your reward

ouch blizz is harsh

wait.....if blizz is going to ban everyone with that gear why on earth wouldn't you twinkers delete it?

still report the bug but i wouldnt keep that gear if it gets me banned

ouch blizz is harsh

wait.....if blizz is going to ban everyone with that gear why on earth wouldn't you twinkers delete it?

still report the bug but i wouldnt keep that gear if it gets me banned

In my point of view, these are slightly different situations:

1) you get the gear, chant it, equip it and hooray go pew pew in BGs

2) you get (loot) some gear and dont touch it at all since it looks kinda.. suspicious?

In 1) youre perfectly aware of what youre doing and would be quite hard to prove otherwise while in 2) you just probably found a bug.. which happens..well.. every day in WoW?

As we've noticed, many people have those items but don't use them in BGs as they're kinda afraid
<

for anyone wondering, this was fixed on us realms Tuesday

The thing about this bug, you can't exactly do this by accident. It's pretty clear if you read how it is done that anyone who obtains this gear is knowingly exploiting. This is clearly something people will receive a ban for. No question about it in my mind. Fun while it lasts, but not worth it on an account with a good twink or two.

If a player is found to have abused/distributed an exploit, he/she may:

Be given a verbal warning if exploitation is unintentional and no attempt has been made to hide its occurrence

Be temporarily suspended from the game

In extreme cases the account will be closed outright

I wouldnt call this _extreme_ case at all. It can mostly bring some imbalance which is, according to blizz policies, not so abusive as some actions that affect all players / whole realm (severity difference is just obvious imo)

for anyone wondering, this was fixed on us realms Tuesday

this never worked on US, me and some guildies tried it, they had 70s didnt work and i tried with 30s, spent a few hours never worked

Vianco said:
you can do this at lvl1

oh god the rise of the lvl1s are coming!

run to the hills! run for your lives!

no, this will not get anybody banned, unless they start arguing about twinks' "rights" to use these items w\ a gm. this will give you a temp. ban, and if you report it, you'll just have it removed. (asked 3 gms.) they all told me, that they appreciate the honestly, and if you haven't used it but just wanted to check if it was true, well.. quote. "curiosity shouldn't kill the cat in this situation."

Users who are viewing this thread