Comparison between level 10 and 11

What do you prefer?

Votes: 8 66.7%

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

pokspell

Veteran
Hello fellow twinks!

So recently, on the level 10 channel on the XPOff discord, there was a little debate about which between level 10 and 11 is the best. Vraestin talked about the fact that under a certain exp % complete, the mobs have less health, which is why level 11 is better. Some people believe him and some not, so I decided to create some toons to see it with my own eyes. And Vraestin is right, under 30% exp complete on a level, mobs have less health than if we have more than 30% exp complete.

5RnAztERk0Xs1y-KM-qeEa4mFfnl37ir_DKPFWAnqi665UeIj_aAh7weu6Jw4zA6d4SCUBmToKLdBWTWNFGDgYdqD8F5OJAn-2Ck1HmWCjJKYuik_Yd-sXcd0oV6-NfHGCuyVgHhHvShK5pQqw

jLNCPw4yx-cvXupdIi7BP6OMZyROPf6GBvFqya5rL9EwODhLqbLtkiniVUzC3v0QOTwX5Fv8Trdk9M_QAjLoPRK6QSO2VUcoBBUQ2mw1LSLP69fOm1injY4XIhYcnhHkDaW1xT1dGITAEjJOTA

And if we look at level 10, the same rule is apply:

m6FhkA77L2CrL-jxLYwMhoheLlbiTpFPIb8LRJLuee3uXC5Lj2U03intqXKBOqBCa5ixLijvhpsjZAscdWdwatSDvJG4rA7XETVNADpGBl5HaXK3Jls2RtLXKd2SOsH9dwAUcY1Zo9X8q2Sjmw

(It’s not the same mob, but the same rule is apply whatever the mobs)

5H_LXY-JyNfJ8pEBQaBuC9eoqQ3V8FBgRVTEl2o8ygs9wJQlNEvd6j72iADMaflU-WI8j0-nQDcZbGkQ0qi9iz9gAJm9YinGD9CeHGnIMa7IBBHQZ-xdQSc69qgio2h_sZxRCmHa4VPtfZ-Pdw

I made a little Google Sheet about the difference of primary stat between 10 and 11 on a Zandalari Druid.

kotO8GmcGl5TC9cf3rERQ9P8D7tiHeOPAhE54CBhdIXCjCYz0ncAdAJFA_Och1uW7FGZWOxu8fvKBkBVLbuART-7-9lxhjptXckJ9FSO00bno0HEE22EivYrtgJmucHW5fWK64tQwnGPcUu1og

So, at level 11, all Class/Race gain +2 on Stamina (16 HP), +3 on Strength, +2 Agility, and +2 Intellect, so around 2-6 more DPS on spells/abilities depending on the scaling.

“But what’s the best level you moron?” you might ask me!

For the answer, we have to look at 2 things: Mastery and what the class gains at level 11. Take in mind I’m not an expert at level 11 twinking, but it’s more about my general perception.

For the Mastery part, Classes that rely more on Mastery, like Arcane Mage, Frost DK, Feral Druid, Tank spec Classes, etc. will love the Mastery gains from ilvl 20 stuff.

For the gaining part, the following Classes gain a spell/ability/passive at level 11 on their spec:

Death Knight, Demon Hunter*, Druid, Hunter (focus regen), Mage (shield), Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Warlock**

*We can’t have a Demon Hunter at level 11 for now

**Except Demonology

The following Classes gain a spell/ability/passive at 11 for all 3 spec:

Monk, Rogue, Warrior

Those 3 Classes gain a new spell/ability on their spec at level 12

The following picture shows, in my opinion, if a class is worth to be twink at 10 and 11.

upload_2022-6-25_11-30-31.png

Take note that it’s not because a spec is worth playing at 10 that means that the actual spec is good at 10, some of them are just trash at both levels, so 10 is technically better because of the mobs HP.

If you have any question, complaint or compliment, tell me in the comment section. If you want to argue about some points, the comment section will gladly take it too!

Don’t forget to twink all day!

pokspell

Last edited:
Are you taking into account the bonus scaling that 10's get vs ALL other levels? What you need to do is less "opinion" work and more hard numbers by actually Twinking both levels with the exact same gear and doing DPS/HPS tests. I'll bet you'll find that 10's are superior to 11, in probably all cases/Classes due to that scaling.

I say this from the perspective of having 15's that are amazing for their Level compared to even 19's, but are utter trash against 10's.

Heya @DeLindsay !
In this thread I'm talking about level 10 and 11. Both have the same scaling on secondary stats (I didn't mention that, thanks for the reminds).
About "opinion" work, as you said, I'm an analytic person, which yeah means at the same time I do less hard work. That does not mean that I didn't think about the rest of the bracket, I just didn't feel necessary to include the 12-19, because the scaling starts to get lower, mobs have way more HP, etc. I know at some points each spec/class will eventually be broken at this bracket with good gears.
For your informations, I have a goal to have a twink on each class at level 10 (not for every spec, for example I do not have a gear set yet for BM and WW Monk). I need to level a Shaman up to level 10, finishing gearing this class and some others who I didn't finish yet. So, except for Shaman, I have some experience with each class (done gearing or not), which allow me to have a better understanding and a bigger picture on how each spec/class are at level 10. Some are 100% trash, while some are broken (for Shaman, I have a a feeling that both Resto and Elemental are very strong, while Enhancement is a little bit less powerful than the 2 previous, but nontheless very strong).
If you want fo discuss more about this, feel free to comment or ping me up on discord, I have a feeling we could have an interessing conversation! ;)

Does this apply at all levels? Does it start at logout? Or will mobs suddenly get more HP when you reach 30%?

It does start when you change place by a loadig screen (so by log out and log back, going in and out of an instance, etc.).
For the levels, I only test level 10 and 11, but I can't assure if all level has it

Last edited:
Heya @DeLindsay !
In this thread I'm talking about level 10 and 11. Both have the same scaling on secondary stats (I didn't mention that, thanks for the reminds).

How new is that? 10s used to lose a third of their secondary stat potency by going to 11. In other words, what took 2 points of a secondary stat at level 10, would take 3 points of that same stat at level 11.

How new is that? 10s used to lose a third of their secondary stat potency by going to 11. In other words, what took 2 points of a secondary stat at level 10, would take 3 points of that same stat at level 11.
I don't know, but in SL, level 1-11 have the same scaling on the secondary stats

Well, I know at least in the case of my upcoming meme of a shadowpriest twink, 11 is 10000% better than 10 because mind flay doesn't kick me out of shadowform, unlike smite >.> But for a serious button-spam-mashing experience like monk, of course I'm going to stay level 10. This could all change in 10.0, we'll see.

EDIT: I must also not hesitate to mention that Guardian druid feels trash to play until level 11, at least in any sort of tanking scenario, lol.

Last edited:
EDIT: I must also not hesitate to mention that Guardian druid feels trash to play until level 11, at least in any sort of tanking scenario, lol.

Oh! Yeah I didn't pay attention about 10 bear, in fact they are very not good at 10 (except for maybe farming?), but at 11 they are so good!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread