US Coming Back to 39s

Zttrujillo

Legend
After seeing some posts on WoW Forums, I have taken an interest in possibly coming back to the 39 bracket after quite some time away. Since I haven't been kept up with the gearing process, I'm kind of at a loss. After scanning these forums, I don't see a lot of information regarding the gearing process for particular classes (or maybe I've just missed it). I've always enjoyed healing the twink brackets and if 39s seems viable again, I would most likely go that route. Currently, I'm leaning towards Hpally or MW Monk. Are these heals currently viable in the bracket? Are there some armories I can use as a references? WHat are the current Q times at for horde and alliance? Additionally, is there a faction imbalance atm? I'd probably go the the lessor faction to help balance if this is the case. From what I've read, it appears Alliance may need additional twinks? Any info would be awesome and feel free to add me. The more people I have to Q with, the more motivated I'd be to rejoin the bracket.

Rexreaper#1626

Hi - I can't comment on the state of 39's on US realms but EU is very quite post Legion.

Generally aim for the highest iLevel possible but keeping the correct armor type. The gains by Max iLevel aren't significant though.

Rule of thumb for gear is the Warforged i54 Invasion gear > i49 Warforged Invasion Gear > i47 BG Blue Crate Gear > i44 gear

Take Engineering for Trinkets / head ( Cloth Wearer ) if you have an old GF 39 use the i60 Faction Trinket / STV fishing Trinket ( 1 or 2 ) / Grand Arena trinket

Rings / Neck Grey items - Off hand for caster Strat Grey offhand, and casters should always use a wand even if lower ilevel than Staff - You gain around 5-6% Int from a Wand

if looking for a healer, disc is really strong in 39's.

39 player here from US servers. I don't think I've seen many hpallys (always seem to be ret) so I can't really comment on them, but MW monks can be slippery or tough to deal with. Like Gixxer66 said Disc priest is really strong, probably the strongest healer.

Also queue times for Alliance are around 10-12 minutes usually but can hit slow patches of up to 30 minutes (I suspect this involves the system creating or waiting on AV matches to finish though, just my opinion ofc). Not sure what queue times are like for horde.

Finally there does seem to be a slight imbalance favoring horde currently. I'd say it's probably 40/60 or 35/65 A/H.

Below is an armory for a WW monk but you would want to gear similar to this. The weapons seem out of place to me though lol

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/scilla/aye/advanced

Cheers

Last edited:
After seeing some posts on WoW Forums, I have taken an interest in possibly coming back to the 39 bracket after quite some time away. Since I haven't been kept up with the gearing process, I'm kind of at a loss. After scanning these forums, I don't see a lot of information regarding the gearing process for particular classes (or maybe I've just missed it). I've always enjoyed healing the twink brackets and if 39s seems viable again, I would most likely go that route. Currently, I'm leaning towards Hpally or MW Monk. Are these heals currently viable in the bracket? Are there some armories I can use as a references? WHat are the current Q times at for horde and alliance? Additionally, is there a faction imbalance atm? I'd probably go the the lessor faction to help balance if this is the case. From what I've read, it appears Alliance may need additional twinks? Any info would be awesome and feel free to add me. The more people I have to Q with, the more motivated I'd be to rejoin the bracket.

Rexreaper#1626
I approve this message.

Users who are viewing this thread