Coming back, how is it?

Phobia

Grandfathered
Hello old friends, I am thinking of playings 19s on classic. How is the state of the game? What faction and guilds are out? I'm thinking hunter, what is the best race for both factions?

Thanks,

Phobia

Once both flags cross it splits to O and D. Hard to say tho. Only watched one true 10v10 of Havoc vs NHF.
The post you’re quoting I just mean dwarves/Tauren will live longer typically. Not that their stronger defending the flag.

Once both flags cross it splits to O and D. Hard to say tho. Only watched one true 10v10 of Havoc vs NHF.
The post you’re quoting I just mean dwarves/Tauren will live longer typically. Not that their stronger defending the flag.

ok love ya

Are teams playing the old offense/defense meta, or doing the 10 man zerg clash retail meta?

So O/D wins games. I’ve been predicting that guilds will try to create rules such that it makes it so mid game meta wins. I highly suggest we as a community resist that. There does need be some rules (prohibiting a limited number of jumps that you could get banned for, restricting some game changing items like magic dust) but in general as should assume of people want to go beyond that it’s because they’re manipulating everyone. Remember - these guys weren’t good in the “everything goes” old days. They became good by getting a rule set in place that forces a mid fight they’ve mastered. We shouldn’t allow that again.

So O/D wins games. I’ve been predicting that guilds will try to create rules such that it makes it so mid game meta wins. I highly suggest we as a community resist that. There does need be some rules (prohibiting a limited number of jumps that you could get banned for, restricting some game changing items like magic dust) but in general as should assume of people want to go beyond that it’s because they’re manipulating everyone. Remember - these guys weren’t good in the “everything goes” old days. They became good by getting a rule set in place that forces a mid fight they’ve mastered. We shouldn’t allow that again.

Honestly, I excelled at Offense/aggro Shaman back in the day. I just want to relive that. I am not as active or competitive these days, but I enjoy being annoying as fuck on offense.

P.S. Love ya, happy New Year

Reactions: MYT
Remember - these guys weren’t good in the “everything goes” old days. They became good by getting a rule set in place that forces a mid fight they’ve mastered. We shouldn’t allow that again.

This couldn't be further from the truth. I'm interested to learn what "guys" you're referring to?

What you are experiencing right now is dementia old man.

This couldn't be further from the truth. I'm interested to learn what "guys" you're referring to?
Spoken like someone that wants to manipulate everyone into forcing a mid fight.

Pizza and his crew. They’re old school too, yet went from not even being the best guild on their server (literally - TTU was better) to being the best after the actual best quit. Did they get better? Yes - but wouldn’t have dominated without creating rules that forced people to play their game.

Don’t get it twisted - Midfights should be allowed. Use them if you can win that way! Or even if you can’t yet both teams want to do it because they mistakenly believe it’s a better test of skill - more power to you. We saw what happened when his guild played someone and tried to midfight - it failed to win.
What WON’T be happening is anyone trying to design a rule set that makes a mid fight win. I hear a lot of people talking about what “they” are going to make the rules. Well, they is all of us - not the retail trash that can’t win without creating a jacked rule set. The beauty of classic was the “just win” mentality. Exploiting wasn’t allowed, other stuff was. It’s now backwards where exploiting is desired and normal stuff like x of a class or using certain non-game changing items isn’t. A lot of people, me included, aren’t going to allow that to happen in classic. You’ll have to win with the tools you have, or lose.
[doublepost=1577827782,1577827744][/doublepost]
What you are experiencing right now is dementia old man.

shoo non-factor

A lot of people, me included, aren’t going to allow that to happen in classic. You’ll have to win with the tools you have, or lose.
[doublepost=1577827782,1577827744][/doublepost]

shoo non-factor

You're opinion means nothing, nobody has once agreed with you on anything you've said, yet somehow you think you're still right. Being out of touch with reality is the only skill you'll ever exceed at.

You're opinion means nothing, nobody has once agreed with you on anything you've said, yet somehow you think you're still right. Being out of touch with reality is the only skill you'll ever exceed at.

You’re projecting non-factor.
There won’t be rules that force a midfight strategy to win, period. If mid control wins it will because it wins naturally, which is always a possibility.

You’re projecting non-factor.
There won’t be rules that force a midfight strategy to win, period. If mid control wins it will because it wins naturally, which is always a possibility.
You're a senile old man, period, nobody takes what you say in any seriousness, period, if you cant accept that teams will have their own rules you're an idiot, period, if teams want to midfight they will, period.
inb4 nan facktor hurdur

You're a senile old man, period, nobody takes what you say in any seriousness, period, if you cant accept that teams will have their own rules you're an idiot, period, if teams want to midfight they will, period.
inb4 nan facktor hurdur
Although your reading abilities are crap, you’re right for once. If two teams do want to, they will.
What won’t happen is that a rule set will be created that forces teams to.

Spoken like someone that wants to manipulate everyone into forcing a mid fight.

Pizza and his crew. They’re old school too, yet went from not even being the best guild on their server (literally - TTU was better) to being the best after the actual best quit. Did they get better? Yes - but wouldn’t have dominated without creating rules that forced people to play their game.

I'm a proponent of teams doing whatever they want to win/lose within the basic rule set of:
- Max 2 any class
- Only consumables allowed are bandages
- Only buffs allowed are contained in a level 19 spell book
- No safe spotting

Most of the old school Pizza Hut crew (Waw Talent at the time) that were the first legitimate premade to do a "mid strategy" (coined as "to chop" or "chopping") either don't play anymore or aren't playing in his guild. When we chopped mid against GUP, no where in the rules of the premade did we say that GUP had to do the same. That has never been enforced in the past and I highly doubt it will in the future.

Seems like you're confusing "information" with your personal assumptions.

I'm a proponent of teams doing whatever they want to win/lose within the basic rule set of:
- Max 2 any class
- Only consumables allowed are bandages
- Only buffs allowed are contained in a level 19 spell book
- No safe spotting

Most of the old school Pizza Hut crew (Waw Talent at the time) that were the first legitimate premade to do a "mid strategy" (coined as "to chop" or "chopping") either don't play anymore or aren't playing in his guild. When we chopped mid against GUP, no where in the rules of the premade did we say that GUP had to do the same. That has never been enforced in the past and I highly doubt it will in the future.

Seems like you're confusing "information" with your personal assumptions.

OK let me clear up a couple of things. First of all I’m aware that many of the players changed - I was describing the history to fully answer your question. Next, I never claimed there an explicit rule that you had to mid fight. What I said is rules were created that made the mid fight strat supreme.

Here’s some examples from relatively recent retail:
Ban on more than two stealthers. Reason: if more were allowed they could stealth behind the mid fight and kill fc with stacks, therefore it was banned or else mid fighting teams would lose.
Limiting certain specs to 1. Frost mages had ray of frost, which was too much of a threat to fc. same with survival hunter who could harpoon fc. More rules to protect a midfighting fc.

On to your proposed rules. First two of a class. There’s no legit reason to have such a rule, and no need. Stack away, but you’ll find stacking a class beyond 3 will make you less likely to win.
Consumables: consumables enhance gameplay and make it more flexible and everyone can use. Further they’re cheap at 19. I can see banning an extreme case like magic dust but it’s just silly to go further than that. All those things further kiting and breaking a kiting d...therefore banning them changes gameplay.

I do think you have a point on outside buffs, I mean it definitely wasn’t like that back in the day - we’d get crazy buffs. But war chiefs blessing and dragon slayer for example are game changing and you cant count on that time after time.

I could go on but hopefully I illustrated my point. I think we agree on a lot but disagree on some significant points.

Here’s some examples from relatively recent retail:
Ban on more than two stealthers. Reason: if more were allowed they could stealth behind the mid fight and kill fc with stacks, therefore it was banned or else mid fighting teams would lose.
Limiting certain specs to 1. Frost mages had ray of frost, which was too much of a threat to fc. same with survival hunter who could harpoon fc. More rules to protect a midfighting fc.

I'm unaware of anything on recent retail activity, not sure why anyone attempts to twink on retail with all the changes.

On to your proposed rules. First two of a class. There’s no legit reason to have such a rule, and no need. Stack away, but you’ll find stacking a class beyond 3 will make you less likely to win.
Consumables: consumables enhance gameplay and make it more flexible and everyone can use. Further they’re cheap at 19. I can see banning an extreme case like magic dust but it’s just silly to go further than that. All those things further kiting and breaking a kiting d...therefore banning them changes gameplay.

I do think you have a point on outside buffs, I mean it definitely wasn’t like that back in the day - we’d get crazy buffs. But war chiefs blessing and dragon slayer for example are game changing and you cant count on that time after time.

I could go on but hopefully I illustrated my point. I think we agree on a lot but disagree on some significant points.

I'll stick to my rules - having more classes represented makes for a better overall experience and consumable disagreements will be handled between guild leaders.

I'm unaware of anything on recent retail activity, not sure why anyone attempts to twink on retail with all the changes.

I'll stick to my rules - having more classes represented makes for a better overall experience and consumable disagreements will be handled between guild leaders.
I meant recent years regarding the rules...like even WoD. Recent in terms of overall life of wow.

Users who are viewing this thread