EU+US Coming back after a while, need advise

Hi everyone.

I just logged back in after a couple years and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the changes. I've got a few questions.

I have a grandfathered helmet with a 4 agility libram enchant on it. Is this better than an item level 100 mossy green mask?

I see people are using two of the fishing trinkets as they are item level 65. Would my grandfathered Insignia of the alliance (Item level 60) be better?

Are helm and leg enchants grandfathered?

What should I be using here? I don't know how it scales in BGs etc..

Helm
8/8 of the monkey (+4 agility enchant) item level 33
8/8 of the monkey (+52 health enchant) item level 34
Mossy green mask item level 100

Weapon
GF'd Windstorm hammer with GF'd mongoose enchant item level 34
GF'd Torturing Poker
Toxic Revenger

Legs
Troll Bane (5 agi 3 crit enchant)
Troll Bane (2 stam 2 agi enchant)
8/8 monkey (2 stam 2 agility enchant)

Chest
GF'd Raptor Hunter Tunic (48 health enchant)

Cape
Parachute Cloak with 12 agility, is this the best enchant still?

Rings
I assume The Rock is the best. Kinda lame since I had spent a long time getting Charged Gears of agility back then!

Gloves
I have GF'd Razzeric's Racing Grips with an attack power enchant on them. Not sure if this is better than the current offerings.

Basically I have tons of old stuff on various characters and I don't know how to compare it to the new stuff people are using.

Thanks everyone!

Hi ,
  • Enchants dont work in bgs period except black magic.
  • BIS gear is the highest ilvl gear you can find thats why ilvl 100 mask > any other helm
  • You must wear your class armour type eg rogue = leather to get 5% increase stats in bg
  • Every class has their base stats in bgs , so the more ilvl you have the increase of your base stats in bg
  • You may have some good ilvl gear from GF gear so enjoy (Helm enchants are GFed)
  • enchants and stats on gear only are worth while for wpvp and duels.
Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Oh ok. I see people on the 20-29s Directory have Felshroud (ilevel 44). Is that still obtainable? I noticed your 29 Rogue Jabzz doesn't have it.

And why does your rogue use Jagged Wing Slasher? Its ilvl 11 isn't it?
Prior to 7.3 patch weapon speed> ilvl in certain cases. But when they standardized all weapon speeds for every weapon class stuff like Jagged wing slasher became irrelevant. Now your best bet would be to get for MH the ilvl 1 dagger that is epic

Oh ok. Thanks guys this clears a lot up. I guess all I need to do is get the rock rings, that problem solving pendant, and the fishing trinket. I guess my raptor hunter tunic and razzeric's racing grips are better than the current bis.

Users who are viewing this thread