EU+US Cloth gear on leather wearers

hearthqt

Grandfathered
all demon hunters I see use some cloth gear but I haven't seen any monks or rogues with cloth gear.
Is there a reason for this?

it depends on the stat weights players use. I would assume the armor bonus is better off for monmks and rogues, but like I had stated it just depends. My hDH does pretty well, I use all leather for certain situations and cloth pieces for a mastery boost since that relies on increasing my mobility. I also switch gear depending if my mulligan and my meta is on cooldown.

for me the only reason not to get cloth is if you wanna do bgs.
Cloth provides no main stat for Leather wearers, it also reduces your primary stat by 5%.

This ends up being much more of a nerf than you expect.

Cloth provides no main stat for Leather wearers, it also reduces your primary stat by 5%.

This ends up being much more of a nerf than you expect.
Not trying to be mean but since you play vengeance of course you wouldn't use cloth because you don't need the extra stamina and the mastery isn't worth the agility loss but for havoc the mastery gain is way worth it for the run speed and chaos damage increase

Not trying to be mean but since you play vengeance of course you wouldn't use cloth because you don't need the extra stamina and the mastery isn't worth the agility loss but for havoc the mastery gain is way worth it for the run speed and chaos damage increase

Yeah I understand I'm not coming from the full perspective, some classes will greatly benefit some stacking a certain stat however you still lose a decent chunk of mainstat which is the multiplier for damage, but as you say depending on the class it may be beneficial.

No twink should be stacking Stamina IMO, Leech should be keeping you alive no matter what.
-Run speed is another thing you should not be stacking(unless it doesn't interrupt anything else), other than using it for old indoor content farming.

Yeah I understand I'm not coming from the full perspective, some classes will greatly benefit some stacking a certain stat however you still lose a decent chunk of mainstat which is the multiplier for damage, but as you say depending on the class it may be beneficial.

No twink should be stacking Stamina IMO, Leech should be keeping you alive no matter what.
-Run speed is another thing you should not be stacking(unless it doesn't interrupt anything else), other than using it for old indoor content farming.
The run speed actually is pretty nice XD it helps with speed runs I'll link you my DH
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/kelthuzad/illidåri
Ad you said tho leech is nice I'm running a nice 20% leech

As ShinyHero has stated, Run speed is nice, very nice. I stack stamina and mastery for just those oh shit purposes of getting stunned for long periods of time. it happens. Leech can only work if your hitting something. Stamina just ensures you live long enough to hit it. With my run speed, stamina, and leech I tend to pull like a mad man. I get kicked for it sometimes, but it makes the runs fast for me. I switch between wearing full leather to some cloth depending on a situation. got 3 different sets hot keyed. usually depends on whether something is on cooldown or if I'm just making a beeline from point a to point b.

All depends what you are doing with a class, if you are boosting dungeons ofc using the 800/745+ ilvl items instead of other classes gear pieces will help. but if you are like me who who plays 101 for duels and Wpvp, then you wanna go for Mastery/Stamina, even if it's giving a leather class INT.

Also I have 2 leather classes with cloth gear. if I wanted to boost on my druid I would have to changed from it. but the only rogue spec that hurts for having too much mastery is outlaw

Let's take @ShinyHero for example: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/kelthuzad/illidåri

Using Cloth Head, Gloves and Belt, losing Armor Skills.

With Cloth Gear:

agility=10208
crit_rating=3042
haste_rating=3760
mastery_rating=8667
versatility_rating=2800

With Warhide Mask (725) - Quest Gloves - Quest Belt:

+612 Agility +564 Critical Strike +250 Mastery
+612 Agility +512 Haste +302 Mastery
+405 Agility +193 Haste +347 Mastery

-490 Critical Strike -830 Mastery
-283 Haste -707Mastery
-664 Haste - 325 Mastery

2nd stat changes:
+74 Critical Strike
-242 Haste
-973 Mastery

Agility change:
Cloth - 15200 Agility [4992 Base + 10208 Gear]
Leather - 17421 Agility [4992 Base + 11837 Gear + 592 Armor Skills]
=> +2221 Agility

Wearing Leather instead of cloth gives:
+2221 Agility
+74 Critical Strike
-242 Haste
-973 Mastery

And this is how it looks like for all agility leather wearer.
Using cloth is never an option except you are Havoc and going for movement speed.

And keep in mind, the better your gear gets, the more agility through Armor Skills you are losing.

Users who are viewing this thread