EU+US Click here to check it out

merl_D

Veteran
The ' Guild Finder ' button on my toolbar now has the tip "New Guild and Community Finder. Click here to check it out!"

I can hit the x in the upper right corner to temporarily close the message, but it returns whenever I get a new screen load. I can't clear it because clicking the feature results in the message "Starter Edition accounts cannot perform that action"

Anyone know a remedy ?

The /reload command is an example of something that will cause the message to return after closing it.
Attached are screenshots.

Attachments

• ClickHereB.jpg
    ClickHereB.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 125
  • ClickHereA.jpg
    ClickHereA.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 126
It's kind of like the "You've reached level 20" pop-up, except it's every load screen. Rather annoying. Doubt there's anything you can do about it.

Ok, so for now I've gone into Bartender and turned off the Micro Menu bar. That makes the buttons for things like Achievements, Mounts, etc disappear; but I know a hotkey for most of those. What I'd like to do is create a custom toolbar that has those features so I can use it as an alternative to the Micro Menu. I have not seen a scripted way to, for example, evoke the Character window. I know I can just use the current hotkey, ' C ' , but if I'm going to construct a replacement bar that doesn't have any buttons for unavailable features there ought to be a script-level way to trigger a popup window. If anyone has ever seen a script like that, I'd appreciate your directing me to one. Thanks.

I know I can just use the current hotkey, ' C ' , but if I'm going to construct a replacement bar that doesn't have any buttons for unavailable features there ought to be a script-level way to trigger a popup window. If anyone has ever seen a script like that, I'd appreciate your directing me to one. Thanks.

I've seen macro lines on here before to open a few of them but I don't know if all the bars options are covered

These links look promising but I'm not home to confirm any of them
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Macro_commands
https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_Warcraft_API

Ok, so for now I've gone into Bartender and turned off the Micro Menu bar. That makes the buttons for things like Achievements, Mounts, etc disappear; but I know a hotkey for most of those. What I'd like to do is create a custom toolbar that has those features so I can use it as an alternative to the Micro Menu.
That already sounds like way-too-much work if you're just annoyed by a single button... wouldn't simply throwing /script GuildMicroButton:Hide() into a login-macro be sufficient?

I got this shit too... Its a new feature they want to promore.
"Their new FIND A GUILD shit".
F2P or not, you get this thing pops-out every time you reload/relog.

Is that even if you click on the button they're asking you to click on, after that it still pops up?

Is that even if you click on the button they're asking you to click on, after that it still pops up?
You can't click on it :D
"Starter Edition accounts cannot perform that action"

You can't click on it :D
"Starter Edition accounts cannot perform that action"

No I know that, I have it too... but he said even if you're not f2p.

even if you're not f2p.

You have to click on it in the menu it opens too, actually "use" the search tool, then it stops for retail accounts.

Do you think someone like Kaloyan would ever figure that out? Or just complain for months about it...

You have to click on it in the menu it opens too, actually "use" the search tool, then it stops for retail accounts.

Do you think someone like Kaloyan would ever figure that out? Or just complain for months about it...

LOL, um, I guess I don't know him enough to say!

That already sounds like way-too-much work if you're just annoyed by a single button... wouldn't simply throwing /script GuildMicroButton:Hide() into a login-macro be sufficient?

Brilliant ! Thanks so much !

For those who want details:
In the AddOns folder (typically, c:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns) create a folder called, say, CustomMac. In that folder create two text files called CustomMac.Toc & CustomMac.Lua.
CustomMac.Toc:
## Interface: 80100
## Author: self
## Title: CustomMac
## Notes: custom macro
CustomMac.lua​
CustomMac.Lua:
GuildMicroButton:Hide()​

Of course, instead of "CustomMac" come up with something nicer like "GuildButtonKiller"
Also, the interface number might be a bit old, I copied it from another addon I had, just use the most recent addon you have as a guide. Then just check this in your addons list in WoW. Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread