Classic Twink Arena League (CTAL) - League Announcement, Details, and Signup Information

Fortitude19

Legend
Classic Twink Arena League

We are excited to announce to you the very first 3v3 Arena League for the level 19 classic community. We have worked hard on this and we're pumped up to deliver it to you. Let's get hyped up!​

Keep up to date on the latest league info, vods, schedule, standings, teams/roster info, and more at http://19twink.com

---------------------

League Format

This is an 8 team, 8-week league with a buy-in and prize pool. Four players may sign up as part of one team, each player being allowed to register one character. We have three maps designed which we will rotate weekly. This means every team will play on the same map in one week, but the following week every team will play on one of the other two maps. Every team will have a bye week during the regular season. Every team will play each other once, have a bye week, and will be seeded as one group. There will be 3 games played every week during the regular season.

Regular season matches will be Best of 5 series, the first 2 rounds of the playoffs will be Best of 5 series, and the final two rounds of the playoffs will be Best of 7.

Playoffs will be done in a double-elimination format with an Upper Bracket and a Lower Bracket. Once a team loses, they will be moved down to the Lower Bracket. If a team loses in the Lower Bracket, they are eliminated from the playoffs. The loser of the finals of the Upper Bracket automatically qualifies for the finals of the Lower Bracket. The winner of the Upper Bracket will play the winner of the Lower Bracket in the Grand Finals. The grand finals will be one series, a winner-takes-it Best of 7 series. This means if the winner of the lower bracket defeats the winner of the upper bracket in the Grand Finals, the playoffs will be over.

In the playoffs, teams will have a choice as to which map they want to play. In the first two rounds of the playoffs, which will be Best of 5, a coinflip will determine who picks the first two maps played. The team who does not choose the map gets to choose the starting zone their team will start from first. The team who does not choose the first map gets to choose the map for the third and fourth rounds. The fifth round would be played on the map that wasn't selected - the neutral map. The same applies to best of 7 matches, except teams will pick maps for 3 rounds instead of 2, and the 7th round would be played on the neutral map.

Please use this infographic for a more visual representation of double-elimination brackets: https://imgur.com/a/AEdyeqB

Seeding will be determined by regular season record. Tie-breakers are 1) round differential (difference between rounds won and lost during regular season), 2) a coin-flip.

---------------------

Dates

Registration is open NOW through October 10th. Week 1 of the regular season will begin October 17th and teams must have their first match's starting roster announced as well as their first date and time agreed upon by Friday, October 16th. The final week of the regular season will be the Sat/Tues that starts on Saturday, December 5th. The first two rounds of the playoffs will be played Saturday, December 12th (best of 5). The final two rounds of the playoffs will be played Saturday, December 19th (best of 7).

---------------------

Maps

Please view this album that shows the borders to all three maps we will be using: https://imgur.com/a/AogYqWA

---------------------

Buy In and Prize Structure

Teams can buy in for 300g, which is 75g per player. That means the gold prize pool from entry fees will be 2400g. That pool will be split as follows: 60% to the first place team, 25% to the second place team, 15% to the third place team. Donations of in-game items, gold, or out-of-game currencies will go strictly to the first place team. Teams from any server can compete, but buy ins and pay outs must both be made on Mankrik, either Horde or Alliance.

Once a team's registration is accepted, buy ins can be sent with in-game mail to Orvington (Alliance), and Horvington (Horde). Be sure to include the team name that it is from.

---------------------

Schedule

Teams can select their starting times at 8:00PM, 9:00PM, 10:00PM, or 11:00PM EST on either Tuesdays or Saturdays. Teams must have some degree of flexibility because they will be responsible for agreeing on a time to play with their opposing team each week between the allotted timeslots. Teams that get scheduled against each other and cannot agree to a starting time before the deadline will both be punished with a loss. Please take scheduling flexibility into consideration while assembling your team to prevent this from happening. Only two matches can happen at the same day and at the same time, so once four teams/two matches are signed up for on the same day and time, that timeslot is no longer available to sign up for.

---------------------

League Rules
  • Active rosters have a 1 class limit. Teams must have 3 different classes on their active roster.
  • Teams must agree to a time and day to play for the week before Friday, 10pm EST every week.
  • Teams must announce their starting 3 players for the week before Friday, 10pm EST. Starting with a different roster will penalize you with 1 loss in your best of 5 series in the regular season, or your best of 7 in the playoffs if applicable.
  • Teams will be allowed to use their 4th player to substitute as they see fit in-between rounds and will be allowed to substitute as many times as they see fit.
  • Teams will be responsible for being able to find a 5th (and/or 4th if needed) party member to fill their group to allow them to enter a wargame.
  • Usage of a buff or consumable on the Banned Consumables/Buffs/Items list will result in a Round DQ.
  • Rogues will be allowed a 10-yard positional head start if they are stealthed on all maps except for our "inside" map. Please see the map pictures to see starting locations across the various maps.
  • To help avoid downtime in between rounds, players are allowed to wait before releasing their corpse to help their team with callouts or just to have eyes on the fight, but the moment a game ends those players must release their corpse and instantly start running back. If you are on the Alliance half of the map when you resurrect, you will have one minute to get back into starting position. Rounds will start as soon as they can, Referees will be facilitating the start to rounds. Teams who stall between rounds may be punished with a round disqualification.
  • If a player is feared out of bounds, no one may attack them, and the out of bounds player may not use any abilities or items until they have returned in-bounds, which they must immediately run for. You may not attack, heal, eat, drink, bandage, or do anything besides run straight back in-bounds when out of bounds. Attacking an out of bounds player or being out of bounds and not abiding by these rules will result in a round disqualification.
  • If a player disconnects mid-round, the round will be counted as is. Teams will have the option of waiting 5 minutes for their player to reconnect or putting their sub in. If a team has a disconnect, doesn't have a sub available, and their disconnect takes longer than 5 minutes to resolve, they will automatically receive a forfeit/DQ from the series.
  • If a player intentionally grabs the leaf inside of resto hut on the "outside" map or steps inside for LoS (out of bounds), their team will receive an automatic DQ in the round. If a player is feared into the leaf, the round will immediately end. The refs will decide if the round should restart or if enough has played out to award a team with a win (this will likely only be the case if a player gets feared into a leaf during a 2 or 3v1).
  • Utilizing safespot jumps (like the one available in the horde 2nd level) are forbidden. Taking the first jump that starts a safestarting process will result in an automatic DQ.
  • Gear checks will be done prior to each match. Players caught using forbidden enchants or gear will be forfeitted and suspended from playing for the week.

Class/Ability Rules
  • Any ability with a 10 minute CD or greater will be banned from competition, including Lay on Hands and Soulstone. Desperate Prayer is allowed.
  • Warriors may pre-cast Battle Shout so long as their rage isn't generated by meleeing a member of the opposing team.
APPROVED CONSUMABLES/BUFFS/ITEMS LIST
  • Bandages
  • Level 15 food/water that doesn't buff you
  • Buffs that are giveable by members of your arena team on their level 19s
  • Minor Recombobulators

BANNED CONSUMABLES/BUFFS/ITEMS LIST

• Anything that isn't on the list above this and anything mentioned below this
  • Usage of Arena Grand Master. Players are allowed to equip for the dodge but not use the shield
  • Feathered Arrows/Exploding Shot
  • Any item crafted by Alchemy or shares a cooldown with potions (including Healing Pots, Mana Pots, Thistle Tea, etc)
  • Sharpening Stones, Wizard Oils, etc
  • Any item crafted by Engineering that isn't a Minor Recombobulator (including Flame Deflectors, Discombobulator Rays, any explosives, etc).
  • World Buffs, quest turn-in buffs, or any buff that isn't obtainable through one of your 3 active players in a round (can not receive buff from subs).
  • ZG Shoulder enchants are not allowed to be worn.

---------------------

BROADCASTING

These games will all be streamed and casted or co-casted by fortitude19 and og_jeffery on Twitch.

---------------------

INTERESTED IN DONATING TO THE WINNERS OF THE PLAYOFFS? Contact fortitude on Discord at fortitude#8814

DONATED PRIZES:

• a month's sub to each member of the winning team, paid out via Venmo or Blizzard Balance, courtesy of Chops
  • $60 to be split amongst the winning team, paid out via Cryptocurrency or Blizzard Balance, courtesy of Bachoi

---------------------

SPECIAL SHOUT OUT to the people who helped me organize this tournament: Plants, Bowner, and Quasion. Canna and Drew also were able to contribute with some helpful insight. After El Clasico I was immediately on the hunt for a team of people who would spend time with me and together as a group on putting together these maps, rule sets, and many of the details that we spent many hours testing and discussing together. We're excited to finally be getting this thing off the ground.

Last edited:
Our sixth team has been accepted, two slots remain.
[doublepost=1601921875,1601868490][/doublepost]bump to give attn to our freshly released hype video:

[doublepost=1601930626][/doublepost]Our seventh team has been accepted, one slot remains.

Week 1 for Classic Twink Arena League is set!

all 3 matches on Tuesday 10/20:

9pm it's the pressure vs Irvin Rosenfeld (cast by og_jeffery)

9pm flankingUranus vs Frankensquad (cast by fortitude19)

10pm spacebar vs might od off yoppaz (co-cast)

Stay up to date on standings, watch previous matches, check out each team's info, scheduling, and more @ http://19twink.com and enjoy our Week 4 Recap!

I've watched all of the recaps and enjoy them very much. However, have you ever thought about putting the team names on the overlay instead of 19twink.com and fortitude19? Not trying to bag on you but this seems like tournament casting 101. I watch on mute so the first few games I really thought I was watching 19twink.com play against fortitude19 for several rounds with subs. Even once I realized, it's not like team names were labelled elsewhere. Surely you can find another spot to showcase yourself while having team names listed.

I've watched all of the recaps and enjoy them very much. However, have you ever thought about putting the team names on the overlay instead of 19twink.com and fortitude19? Not trying to bag on you but this seems like tournament casting 101. I watch on mute so the first few games I really thought I was watching 19twink.com play against fortitude19 for several rounds with subs. Even once I realized, it's not like team names were labelled elsewhere. Surely you can find another spot to showcase yourself while having team names listed.

@jake11241 thanks for reaching out! i intend to work this into the playoffs, but is not something i've worked yet into the regular season. if you ever give us a shot with the sound on i assure you that we are sure to mention what teams are playing and all about them before the matches start, and im always reiterating which teams are playing/which sides of my screen they're in for viewers who are just tuning in :)

if you're ever unsure of what teams are playing, you can always check http://19twink.com/schedule/ and see what teams are playing at what time.

thanks again for your valuable feedback!

I normally watch the recaps between meetings while I'm working. And while being on the phone most of the day, I find the casters rapid talking kind of give me a headache (as I've already been on the phone all day). It's hard to follow the constant player view switches. I find myself having to keep re-orientating in my brain which team's perspective we are now viewing during player lock changes. Wondering if a third party view might help to see during casting from a viewers perspective.

Edit - The third party view is probably only better on the mid and roof maps though

Users who are viewing this thread