Classic BC 59/69 guild discussion

Desodelete

Veteran
This is obviously really early in the works, but I wanted to get a feel for interest and spark discussion about my plans to make a twink guild for the 59 and 69 bracket in BC. If there is no current interest I'll be updating this thread at a much later date when BC classic is on the horizon. If BC is a reality and has it's won 59 forum, I will create a separate thread there.

So why 59?

1. Because of the massive power spike with 58 - 59 gear, it's easy to become extremely strong at the top of this bracket. This can be fun for crushing levelers but also creates interesting twink vs twink combat. Don't quote me on this, but 59 twinks were above the power level of raid geared 60's because of how good the BC gear was and how well itemized it was.

2. It's extremely easy to gear. Most of the BiS items are literally just BoE greens that you can buy off the AH. There are some quest items as well and I believe a couple dungeon items worth obtaining. But short story is you can become extremely powerful without having to put a ton of work into it, outside of leveling and having gold (AH activity matters obviously).

3. You get most of your abilities and talents by 59 as well as many profession benefits.

4. I had 59 twink back in late BC/early wotlk that I enjoyed a lot. The experience will be far different nowadays but I look forward to it regardless. Damn nostalgia. I still have him actually. I leveled him some but eventually abandoned it. He has 45k HKs and mostly it was as a 59 twink.

So why 69?

1. It's the level just before max level, allowing you to compete with some max level characters (if you're into that) and unlocks the most talents/abilities of any twink bracket. If you like open world ganking, 69 is the best level short of 70, DUH!

2. This bracket should have high activity because, again, it is the bracket just before max. Players will be supplementing their 60 - 70 grind with some BGs.

3. It is a rewarding bracket to pursue BiS with. It is not easy to get all the pieces you need AFAIK. It'll be a labor of love project. You will need help from others and that is part of the reason for a guild. I could even see having to start over with bad luck. I know some twink players really enjoy the brackets that require significant effort to succeed.

59 and 69 in the same guild? Yes. My original plan was 59 but 69 also seems like a fun bracket, being just below max level. 59 will be the starting goal and 69 will be a WiP project.

Negotiable items up for discussion:

Guild name. I haven't decided anything and am open to ideas. This isn't a largely important factor for me. Probably anything 69 joke related will get reported.

Pve or pvp. While I somewhat favor pve because wpvp doesn't usually matter to me, I know a lot of people enjoy pvp realms more.

Horde AND Alliance? To be clear, this guild will be Horde. However, I understand if people want to make Alliance characters as well, in order to face off with each other in BGs (or for better queue times). That is one benefit of being on a pve server. A second server with an Alliance faction is possible of course.

Can both brackets be in the same guild? I'd like to make it work but if 69 can't work I will have it be a more simplistic 59 guild. I think that people will be interested in the potential and extra work needed for 69 however. It's nice to have goals to work towards! If there is not enough interest in 69 it will be scrapped - it requires teamwork.

Guild Master. As long as it's in the hands of someone fair and reliable I'll be happy. I do not have to be the Guild Master but for now that is the plan.

Other stuff that hasn't come to mind yet.

Currently nonnegotiable items:

Primary faction. It's Horde. I say this as a veteran Alliance player. Why? Sadly it is a racial thing, *gasp*! I won't sugarcoat my reasoning here. Undead and orc are as strong in BC and BE tip the scale farther. On a personal note, I don't want to play a warlock/priest and getting mauled by undead/BE melee.

Do you need to have a max level? Yes. This isn't a charity and don't expect others to do the work for you. This could change for 59 if some generous players are willing to fund/carry, but to start it will be required to at least be working on a 70 to collect gold with and to help others get gear. If 69 is to become a reality people will have to work together in carry groups. If you only want to play 59 and do not want to help others gear, that is fine: No one is going to force you besides IDK peer pressure?? This doesn't mean we will raid or pvp with lvl 70's but that is a possibility.

Will I be kicked out because I piss people off? Short answer is no. PVP comes with it's own competitiveness and toxicity that can be magnified in a twink community. I would hope that we all understand this. I expect people to argue and get pissy. Thicken your skin. I do not plan to remove anyone unless absolutely necessary. That said, the longer answer is 'no, to a point'. Cause this doesn't mean you can get away with anything forever. Basically check yourself before you wreck yourself.

That is all for now.

Users who are viewing this thread