10-19 BFA Level 19 Class tier list for WSG

Disc priest is so powerful. Don't think balance is highest, maybe I haven't done across a good one yet I guess.

you'd put windwalker monk higher if you saw me play it

Disc priest is so powerful. Don't think balance is highest, maybe I haven't done across a good one yet I guess.

Balance is by far the highest. You have soooooooooo much stuff it's actually insane compared to every other class in this bracket.

You have the highest mobility out of all classes (dash mega ecksde),
prowl to secure objective plays,
the best FC (next to resto druid),
heals and off-heals,
really sick mid presence in terms of single target damage and spread pressure,
the only class that can consistently break out of roots and slows,
bear form to soak damage, while still being able to do moonfire,
able to taxi key-players and roles (massively underrated feature in a bracket without mounts).

Beyond godlike class and spec in this bracket. What I mentioned are just the obvious points.

you'd put windwalker monk higher if you saw me play it

Can you rap though?

Balance is by far the highest. You have soooooooooo much stuff it's actually insane compared to every other class in this bracket.

You have the highest mobility out of all classes (dash mega ecksde),
prowl to secure objective plays,
the best FC (next to resto druid),
heals and off-heals,
really sick mid presence in terms of single target damage and spread pressure,
the only class that can consistently break out of roots and slows,
bear form to soak damage, while still being able to do moonfire,
able to taxi key-players and roles (massively underrated feature in a bracket without mounts).

Beyond godlike class and spec in this bracket. What I mentioned are just the obvious points.

Can you rap though?
it's not a viable class in wargames for a reason. can you do well in pugs against a bunch of retards? yes, but that doesn't make it "godlike"

it's not a viable class in wargames for a reason. can you do well in pugs against a bunch of retards? yes, but that doesn't make it "godlike"

Wargames are played differently from pugs, no doubt, but I'm curious to your reason as to why you think they're upright 'unviable' in wargames. Care to elaborate?

In pugs, you probably wouldn't find a class & spec that is more capable of solo carrying a game.

Probably Low-mid Tier, on the verge of Garbage Tier. They do offer some nice burst heal inside of swiftmends, and having 2 hots is not too bad, and being highly mobile in mid means that you have an easy time healing the correct fights. However, they do seem to have a hard time outhealing actual pressure compared to the other healers. Not to mention they oom extremely fast. Better off being an FC off-healing in mid when you have flag and it's needed.
I Agree 100% as a Resto Player. Love the Thread! Thanks, well done!

BFA is out! I don’t want to rush an updated guide but I am just very eager to know the viable classes and bis gear. Just coming off of a 2 year break

BFA is out! I don’t want to rush an updated guide but I am just very eager to know the viable classes and bis gear. Just coming off of a 2 year break

Quick start gear guide is in my sig. I'm not one to be able to give the current wargame meta (which is what this list usually covers), but heres a quick class breakdown from my solo que experiences to tide you over.

Disc priest/Resto Shammy/Mistweaver are all very strong healers AND damage. Holy pally is a strong healer, might also be good damage as well, I just don't know. Resto druid maintains its top spot as flag carrier, but its heals (and damage) aren't too shabby either. Healers in general are in a great place as they can often outheal a few opponents as well as dealing great damage with elemental force and hidden satyr.

Boomkin is amazing. Combat rogue is rather strong in utility (sap/stun/slow/stealth) and damage. Arcane mage has some insane damage output, so basically any one who picks up a mage and can press one button is a threat. A good arcane mage that can actually sheep, blink well, and find rogues with aoe is even stronger. Fury and arms warrior are doing great when crusader procs, but are mediocre when theres no proc and can be kited. Survival isn't stupid OP like legion, but still has solid damage and good range/mobility. Marksman are very popular for hunters with flintlocke's back in the fold.

Windwalker is rare, but has potential. I've seen some shadow priests out there having fun. Warlocks exist and can dish out some damage, but I haven't seen many. Affliction should have plenty of spread damage with dots and elemental force. Destro probably can dish out some great single target burst as long as they are left to cast. Elemental isn't doing as much damage as resto for shammy, but still is viable. Ret isn't great compared to other things, but are still playable. Guessing frost/fire mage are playable, but pale in comparison to arcane. I imagine beast master hunters and ferals are in the same boat. Enhance still lacks some key abilities, but looks like it has some damage and off heals for solo que or arenas.

Not sure how demonology is. Brewmaster monks are likely still the best of the tanks, but not sure they deal enough damage to justify the extra tank damage coming in. Prot pally and prot warrior seem very poor options. Guardian druid is bad.

So hopefully thats enough to get you up to date so you can pick a class and get started. Like I said, gear guide is in my sig for new twinks - you can mix/match any GFd gear you have. You can also level and gear up pretty quick and start pvping with just heirlooms/dungeon gear/elemental force/hidden satyr and do ok if you're just looking to test the class out. If you're looking for more wargame-based analysis, you'll have to wait for Bestworld and you also might want to look at the recent vods or watch the upcoming game on saturday.

Quick start gear guide is in my sig. I'm not one to be able to give the current wargame meta (which is what this list usually covers), but heres a quick class breakdown from my solo que experiences to tide you over.

Disc priest/Resto Shammy/Mistweaver are all very strong healers AND damage. Holy pally is a strong healer, might also be good damage as well, I just don't know. Resto druid maintains its top spot as flag carrier, but its heals (and damage) aren't too shabby either. Healers in general are in a great place as they can often outheal a few opponents as well as dealing great damage with elemental force and hidden satyr.

Boomkin is amazing. Combat rogue is rather strong in utility (sap/stun/slow/stealth) and damage. Arcane mage has some insane damage output, so basically any one who picks up a mage and can press one button is a threat. A good arcane mage that can actually sheep, blink well, and find rogues with aoe is even stronger. Fury and arms warrior are doing great when crusader procs, but are mediocre when theres no proc and can be kited. Survival isn't stupid OP like legion, but still has solid damage and good range/mobility. Marksman are very popular for hunters with flintlocke's back in the fold.

Windwalker is rare, but has potential. I've seen some shadow priests out there having fun. Warlocks exist and can dish out some damage, but I haven't seen many. Affliction should have plenty of spread damage with dots and elemental force. Destro probably can dish out some great single target burst as long as they are left to cast. Elemental isn't doing as much damage as resto for shammy, but still is viable. Ret isn't great compared to other things, but are still playable. Guessing frost/fire mage are playable, but pale in comparison to arcane. I imagine beast master hunters and ferals are in the same boat. Enhance still lacks some key abilities, but looks like it has some damage and off heals for solo que or arenas.

Not sure how demonology is. Brewmaster monks are likely still the best of the tanks, but not sure they deal enough damage to justify the extra tank damage coming in. Prot pally and prot warrior seem very poor options. Guardian druid is bad.

So hopefully thats enough to get you up to date so you can pick a class and get started. Like I said, gear guide is in my sig for new twinks - you can mix/match any GFd gear you have. You can also level and gear up pretty quick and start pvping with just heirlooms/dungeon gear/elemental force/hidden satyr and do ok if you're just looking to test the class out. If you're looking for more wargame-based analysis, you'll have to wait for Bestworld and you also might want to look at the recent vods or watch the upcoming game on saturday.

This description is accurate AF. Can´t agree more. All we need is just some experience from twinks with uncommon specs (demonology warlock, fire/frost mage, holy pally, holy priest etc.).
Demonology seems to have a good pressure on healers, but I have met only few of them...

I'll need the game to progress a bit so that all the new shit that will/should be available to our twinks will be in play. Then I'll need to play some games. Atm I'm just focused on lvling mains etc. Working full time, so not much time xd

OUTDATED AS OF 8.0 PRE-PATCH

Will update upon BFA release

Join XPOFF Discord Here

For whatever reason, I've been enountering confusion about classes and their current standing. Be it people who are new to the game, or just came back from a longer break. Those are understandable. However, there seem to be a select few who are actually deluded when it comes to current classes and their standing. The list may vary in case of wargames, but the general idea still stands.​

S-tier classes
(Highest tier)
  • Balance Druid
  • Feral Druid
God Tier
(Still fotm, don't kid yourselves)
  • Discipline Priest
  • Arcane Mage
  • Desctruction Warlock
  • Survival Hunter
  • Outlaw Rogue
  • Restoration Druid (strictly as FC)
High-Mid Tier
(Good Classes)
  • Affliction Warlock
  • Frost Mage
  • Fire Mage
  • Restoration Shaman
  • Enhancement Shaman
  • Holy Priest
  • Marksman Hunter
  • Arms Warrior
  • Holy Paladin
  • Retribution Paladin
Mid Tier
(These are okay... I guess)
  • Demonology Warlock
  • Elemental Shaman
  • Beastmastery Hunter
  • Windwalker Monk
  • Brewmaster Monk
  • Shadow Priest
  • Subtlety Rogue
Low-Mid Tier
(Hipster? FeelsGoodMan)
  • Mistweaver Monk
  • Protection Paladin
  • Protection Warrior
  • Fury Warrior
Garbage Tier
(I don't hope you're as trash as your class)

• Assassination Rogue
  • Guardian Druid
*List is subject to change over the course of time and reviewed inputs.
*Note that the list is aimed mostly towards PuGs.
*Updat(ing/ed) for patch 7.3.5.

Thanks

Extremely interesting thread, especially when I'll be trying alts out to practice PvP basics on classes I otherwise would PvP with.

Thanks for creating it!

Users who are viewing this thread