Class discussion

Tobz.eu

Legend
With three talent rows available and the addition of PvP Talents - and the fact I've never played in the bracket before - I'm very likely to begin my first 49 twink this week.

So, as the bracket is so appealing to me, it's made me curious; What classes are considered OP? and what classes are most/least played?

I hate being way too strong. I enjoy beating classes that are considered the strongest! From what I've been reading on the forums; Fury wars and Disc priests are a pain, so I'll stay away from those two for sure. As of right now, I'm leaning towards either Ret pally, hunter or warlock.

But please, give me some intel on the bracket. Anything that can help me choose a class.

Last edited:
I have a 49 lock, personally don’t think they are the best choice for a lot of solo play. Decent numbers as destro for chaos bolt with the pvp talent, but outside of that and fear of course you’re basically a one trick pony.. I feel like warlocks lack some essentials to really compete at this bracket.

They could do really well in a team setting but nothing sets them apart from what another class could do equally or better.

does the 3 pc green dragonscale armor set makes any difference in the 49 bracket ? i believe hunter, shaman, and holy pally can make use of that 51 versa, does it feel OP ?

It's not as much as you think it may be, the 51 vers is only about 8% vers which is a solid amount but it doesn't make for the strongest, shamans are fairly strong but definitely not anywhere close to the strongest class in the bracket, the strongest classes in the bracket definitely are, in no specific order; warrior, the easiest class to play and its really fucking strong especially with the inclusion of sulthraze, I recently started playing MW monk and it's got to be one of the strongest healers as the healing potential is insane with surging mist PvP talented or way of the crane which boosts your damage for a short time and you heal by doing damage,you can burst nearly anyone with WoTC talented I've found, disc priests are also fairly strong because of double spell class and spam shield, also pain suppression, Boomkins are also strong, they have good healing potential with resto affinity talented, and their DMG output is strong. All healers are at a good point there's obvious stronger specs but they all are good for different reasons.

As for weakest classes, I'd have to say warlocks are definitely weak, with recent demo buffs at 120 that have affected lower level brackets, I've been playing my lock a little more but what they lack severely is survivability, I think maybe paired with a disc priest they may be good because the disc can pain suppression them. I also tried we monk and I feel that it is a really weak special. The DMG they do doesn't compare to any of the other classes, they can only really burst when they have touch of death up. I feel besides warlocks and mw monks, tank specs lack damage, there's people on the forum who say they top DMG as tank spec but obviously any twink will do more damage than the average lever. I've yet to see a tank top damage in a bg with other DPs twinks in the bg.

I think a lot of classes are balanced and the only class I see over perform really is fury warriors especially those few that use sulthraze/destiny and get anywhere up to 850 ATP which is insane.

ret pally isn't OP as (well geared) warrior but get defensive cds (hand of prot, divine bubble) and can with go sulthraze / destiny macro to keep crusader buff uptime

With all the gears and different setups you can do. I think its wroth a try, you can really setup your character to play how you want to! Pvp latents are great!

Shammys are fun druids are aswell! I feel like they are strong but not op like a geared furry.

It's not as much as you think it may be, the 51 vers is only about 8% vers which is a solid amount but it doesn't make for the strongest, shamans are fairly strong but definitely not anywhere close to the strongest class in the bracket, the strongest classes in the bracket definitely are, in no specific order; warrior, the easiest class to play and its really fucking strong especially with the inclusion of sulthraze, I recently started playing MW monk and it's got to be one of the strongest healers as the healing potential is insane with surging mist PvP talented or way of the crane which boosts your damage for a short time and you heal by doing damage,you can burst nearly anyone with WoTC talented I've found, disc priests are also fairly strong because of double spell class and spam shield, also pain suppression, Boomkins are also strong, they have good healing potential with resto affinity talented, and their DMG output is strong. All healers are at a good point there's obvious stronger specs but they all are good for different reasons.

As for weakest classes, I'd have to say warlocks are definitely weak, with recent demo buffs at 120 that have affected lower level brackets, I've been playing my lock a little more but what they lack severely is survivability, I think maybe paired with a disc priest they may be good because the disc can pain suppression them. I also tried we monk and I feel that it is a really weak special. The DMG they do doesn't compare to any of the other classes, they can only really burst when they have touch of death up. I feel besides warlocks and mw monks, tank specs lack damage, there's people on the forum who say they top DMG as tank spec but obviously any twink will do more damage than the average lever. I've yet to see a tank top damage in a bg with other DPs twinks in the bg.

I think a lot of classes are balanced and the only class I see over perform really is fury warriors especially those few that use sulthraze/destiny and get anywhere up to 850 ATP which is insane.

yeah i havent use a lock for a long time, from 19 to 109 lock really cant make it .. not only they cant heal themselves, the worst part is they cannot run .. even a mage can run away from danger .. a lock cant
[doublepost=1539058499,1539058421][/doublepost]
ret pally isn't OP as (well geared) warrior but get defensive cds (hand of prot, divine bubble) and can with go sulthraze / destiny macro to keep crusader buff uptime

a lot of the more useful ability of pally comes after 49

oh man after all this reading i'm starting to feel bad about leveling my warrior to 49 to stay, but i just enjoy fury so much :/

Might end up going prot and staying prot, we will see

Classes that require little to no skill : Ranged surv/MM hunters, fury wars, disc/shadow priest, boomkin, MW, arcane mage
Classes that aren't amazing but can be really good with the right player: Rogue (pref sub), resto/enhance sham, feral/rdruid, Ret/Hpal
If I didn't mention it it's because it's really not that great unless you're dope af at it ig

ps fury wars and ranged surv ur trash and rammsteins/sul'thraze carries u

Fury warriors make 49 not worth playing. I highly suggest you not make a 49 as main twink. When I see a twink fury with destiny I log out and go play a different bracket even though 49 is very fun. 364 procced str makes it completely unplayable. 131k vs second highest damage at 31k type of unfair and I like a challenge normally.
[doublepost=1539140955,1539140887][/doublepost]
I don't understand twinks that cry about other twinks being OP; you're already a twink yourself and incredibly OP relative to levellers regardless. A taste of your own medicine too much like dad's salty hose cream? Then again, what do I know - I'm just a dirty fury warrior <@:^)
Stupid and unskilled

warrior is a very tough class for me to play .. i use to have extremely good geared warrior, but i just cant bring out their OPness .. same for mage and elemental shaman .. it is not about how good gears you have, i cant play them well lolol .. so i stick with class that i am good at .. having to run away and then turn around to charge at your target is extremely disturbing thing for my mind to do at lower lvls, and hopping through mid-air is something i cannot grasp .. it takes 1 second for me to see where exactly i am going to land .. and another 1/2 second to do it .. i often think, who in dev team comes up with that kind of moves

i play blood DKs and ret pally most of the time, once a while healers (disc resto druid shaman) .. when a twink warrior sees me in bg, he usually ignore me COMPLETELY, because he cannot run me down in a few seconds like he did other players in my team and he cant kill me at all if he fights me, in 10v10 men small bg, i will usually go after warrior first, for some reason, i seem to be able to kill them quite easily especially on my ret pally, i epecially love warriors cos they cant run away like druids and disappear like rogues

Duro, thanks for being one of the twink afkers/leavers. You guys are the highlight of my random bgs. I'll just go back to my 40+kb bgs now with 300%anyone else's dmg and more healing than half the healers.

I love salt from twinks that can't handle other twinks, helps me with my daily fap.

@op try enhance with wraith scythe, pretty strong. Enchant 1 landslide and 1 dancing steel.

[doublepost=1539174912,1539174479][/doublepost]
Duro, thanks for being one of the twink afkers/leavers. You guys are the highlight of my random bgs. I'll just go back to my 40+kb bgs now with 300%anyone else's dmg and more healing than half the healers.

I love salt from twinks that can't handle other twinks, helps me with my daily fap.

@op try enhance with wraith scythe, pretty strong. Enchant 1 landslide and 1 dancing steel.
I have an enhance with dual wraith scythe. I just don't think you understand where warriors are at right now in 49s and I understand why. You're a trashcan at everything you play, except you're "good" as a warrior. You're only slightly better than other players so you don't understand why everyone complains about how op warriors are. I also have a warrior that I leveled and was OP in every bracket but stopped playing them because as an untwinked warrior it felt like I was killing lowbies. You either clearly are not good enough to feel broken or you are so self accomplished that you think it's you that's making warriors broken not the 364 procced str that is over 200% bonus str that only warriors can achieve. Keep playing your 49 warrior twink because the moment it's fair you'll start crying on the forums like the waste of space you are.

Only thing I roll is shammy and nothing cuts down like a fury warrior. Not to mention if everyone has the aids trinket.

Eh I wouldn't say crying i could care less what he plays. He just wanted to know whats op and whats not and im sure he gets it haha.

Prot isnt bad either to be honest.

Starting to see more and more mages also!

Users who are viewing this thread