Civilization V

Pretty much the only other game that pulls me away from WoW.
Entirely different type of game, but gripping nonetheless.
...well, for people who enjoy turn-based strategies with meticulous multitasking and micro management.

I haven't played it for ages, but the Civilization franchise is one of my favorites of all time.

Is it similar to Age of Empires / Age of Mythology?

Similar, but Age Of Empires is real-time strategy. Both games are a fun way to learn (or mess around with) history.

Is it similar to Age of Empires / Age of Mythology?

Like Xeno mentioned, it does share similarities but the fact that it is a turn-based strategy really sets it apart.
It is similar in that you gather resources, produce workers and military units, and research technologies.
It is very different however when it comes to how war is waged (especially in Civ V as there is no unit stacking), how you interact with other nations (AI or human player), and the sheer length of games (even on the fastest settings). The scale of the game is just so much larger than an RTS can possibly provide.

This is a bit off-topic but do you happen to play also Homm3 (Heroes of Might and Magic3)?
It's a turn-based stragedy game, in which you have to be fully focused on and do a lot of micro managing stuff, like collecting troops from different creature dwellings for various heroes. It's the only game I play besides WoW.

Users who are viewing this thread