Chromie Time Gearing Question

Mybow

Hey all first time posting and just recently learned about this site too!

I learned about this chromie time gearing system for a timewalking set and I decided I wanted to try my hand at getting my hunter all set up for it and I already have had one (not as good, but a start, which has all the previous legendary stuff, except for the meta gem which i'll add soon). I've kind of run into the problem though of I have my second account with a lvl 44 hunter that I run both into Black Morass for the Helm of Desolation item, but after 51 runs it hasn't dropped on the alt hunter and only 4 have dropped total with a 10% drop rate on wowhead. My question is what do you all usually do, do you usually only run one alt through the dungeon as well or bring two to up the chances? Or do you bring one alt and pay someone on the server to come with to up the chances, because i'm considering doing that as well.

Thanks for any help!
Mybow

I kinda have trouble understanding what you mean but i’m gonna go out on a limb here and assume it is because of legacy loot. Basically of you go into an instance with a high level and a low level together, the possible loot table contains *every* drop instead of what your character can use (for example, you may get a plate arnor piede as a warlock). With this and the obnoxiously huge loot tables of tbc dungeon bosses, you are looking at posibbly 100+ runs for a specific piece. I’d suggest you pick tbc chromie time and try to get a random lfg group for black morass, that way the loot table stays “normal” and you have a much higher chance for specific piece of loot.
If i misunderstood something and the problem lies elsewhere, please excuse the smartassery! :)

Right, like stick said, if you are running the dungeon for something that is on your loot table, you are probably better off queueing for it solo. If not, you will have Legacy Loot enabled and the drop chance will be much lower than 10% chance. Timewalking does not affect loot chance, just what dungeons you can queue for

You need TBC timeline on the 44 alt so you can get ilvl50 scaled gear. The max level character will be in regular timeline which means mobs are scaled to 30 and you one shot everything. This is called legacy loot mode. Instead of having a chance to get a drop, you get 2 guaranteed drops from each boss while in legacy loot mode. The downside is that you get items from the whole loot table, including playe, cloth, etc.

If you can solo the boss on the 44, just log out or exit the instance on the high level and kill the boss on the 44. You will get both items on the alt then instead of splitting them between the two.

Wowhead drop chances are super wrong so don't trust them. It's not like 4 helms have ever dropped lol.

Also be sure to check the timewalking discord as it will provide much better info than xpoff.

You need TBC timeline on the 44 alt so you can get ilvl50 scaled gear. The max level character will be in regular timeline which means mobs are scaled to 30 and you one shot everything. This is called legacy loot mode. Instead of having a chance to get a drop, you get 2 guaranteed drops from each boss while in legacy loot mode. The downside is that you get items from the whole loot table, including playe, cloth, etc.

If you can solo the boss on the 44, just log out or exit the instance on the high level and kill the boss on the 44. You will get both items on the alt then instead of splitting them between the two.

Wowhead drop chances are super wrong so don't trust them. It's not like 4 helms have ever dropped lol.

Also be sure to check the timewalking discord as it will provide much better info than xpoff.
Pretty sure he wants to trade the items from the 44 to his 60, so logging out on the 60 disabling the trading option wouldnt work. Hes just gotta slug it out with the poor tbc drop rates.

Makes sense. I thought he would gear the 44 then level it to 50 as I did (or at least tried before I got bored).

I do want to gear my 60 hunter as he has all my old legendary stuff from wrath and beyond, since he's my main toon always. I did end up getting the piece after 54 runs, and went to the shattered halls and got the gloves on my second run. So guess the bad luck kind of evened out. Also what ended up as the total pieces of the helm my 60 looted was 5 to the 6 that dropped. Seemed more like a 50/50 at the end which toon would loot it.
Also just found the Timewalking Discord a little bit ago and joined, so that's pretty cool there's a big community out there.

Users who are viewing this thread