EU+US Cheesing game time/xfer toon to unsubbed acct

Boognish

Veteran
New to f2p/veteran and am anxiously awaiting my game time to run out on a burner account , is there any way to transfer existing characters that are level 20 and under to an account without active subscription or do both accounts have to have game time for a transfer to work (same btag). Maybe you could tell blizz that you have max characters on one account but don’t want to delete characters so you’d like to transfer them for safe keeping...? Anyone tried that? Also, maybe there is some way to earn game time in increments less than 30 days that I don’t know about. I’ve heard of people receiving 3 days of free game time but I don’t know how/why. I apologize if this has been asked before. I’m new here so it’s a lot to sort through. Thanks for any pointers.

You can transfer toons on and off unsubbed accounts. Just one of the accounts has to have game time.

I have my main account subbed, build twinks there and then xfer them to my vet account without any problem.

Required a bit of an initial investment on my part (both accounts have bfa so I can use allied races) but what well worth it.

You can transfer toons on and off unsubbed accounts. Just one of the accounts has to have game time.

I have my main account subbed, build twinks there and then xfer them to my vet account without any problem.

Required a bit of an initial investment on my part (both accounts have bfa so I can use allied races) but what well worth it.
You’re the man Chops. Thanks so much! <3

Figure ill add to the "ways to get game time" thing too.

If you have a character youve havent logged on to in ages (like say, a high level toon on your vet account) but you try to xfer it, itll tell you that you cant simply because you havent logged that character on. "Oh man, hey. I'd like to transfer this toon to my active account but it says I cant because it hasnt been logged on in a while. Can I get like 24 hours to log it on and get it transfer ready?"

Gonna use that one to restock and update my vets when the time comes.

Just one point, I dont think you need BFA on both accounts to be able to play Allied races. My main account has BFA, my other account is a Starter Edition. I have access to all my allied races on that account, along with all my mogs/heirlooms/mounts.

Just one point, I dont think you need BFA on both accounts to be able to play Allied races. My main account has BFA, my other account is a Starter Edition. I have access to all my allied races on that account, along with all my mogs/heirlooms/mounts.
This may be new. When I initially tried to transfer my allied race twink to my account without BFA, it became unplayable despite being on the same bnet.

That was a couple months ago though, so it's possible it's changed

Correcting myself there. Honest mistake, my secondary account is n fact a BFA account; that's why I have access to allied races there.
I thought I purchased a legion edition back then, to get the character boost associated with it. It was a BFA one.

So, no, no allied races on starter editions (created a new one to check). Mogs and mounts are there though.

Sorry for the confusion.

Basically every once in awhile (during wod it was every 90 days?) They would give you a secret 3 day gametime which you could ask for to activate. They might activate all 3 days at once, so if you do not wish to do so (work etc) you could ask for 24 hours of gametime so that you can stretch those 3 days

For a little extra Information. You can use the 3 days of free game time on a starter account and in that way upgrade it to a legion account for free. This allows you to make a quick vet and enchant it if you like, but also allows you to move vets from your main account to your new legion account witch you can not do to a starter account. A nice and free way to get a useful unsubed account.

Basically every once in awhile (during wod it was every 90 days?) They would give you a secret 3 day gametime which you could ask for to activate. They might activate all 3 days at once, so if you do not wish to do so (work etc) you could ask for 24 hours of gametime so that you can stretch those 3 days

For a little extra Information. You can use the 3 days of free game time on a starter account and in that way upgrade it to a legion account for free. This allows you to make a quick vet and enchant it if you like,

There is some conflated information here. You do not currently get, nor are you entitled to "3 free days" just for having an account, especially starter accounts. Every so often, there will be a three day event that is given to vet accounts (not starter accounts) but its not secret and doesn't require you to activate it. And you can't break it up.

That said, you can very often talk your way into a free 24 hours on a vet account. Things like asking to retrieve mail, join a guild with your buddies, get gold to buy a token, make a trial toon to check out end game (ive used that one to get a solid week of game time) etc have all worked in the past. They won't do it all the time but once every couple of months seems to be pretty standard. Every so often you'll be told "we've done this too many times" and "we've done this too recently" and three days in the space of 3-6 months seems to be a soft limit. But thats not a hard and fast rule. It's all a matter of sweet talking the right GM.

You can also do this on a starter account but I want to emphasize that starter accounts, unlike vet accounts, bank XP. So if you've been playing a pure F2P toon for a while and decide you want to go vet, your toon will level when game time is applied. Dont do it.

but also allows you to move vets from your main account to your new legion account witch you can not do to a starter account.
You can move toons from a main (paid) account to a starter account without having to have game time on the starter account. No need to sweet talk GMs either, you can just do it.

IMG_20190911_205750_699.jpg

You can move toons from a main (paid) account to a starter account without having to have game time on the starter account. No need to sweet talk GMs either, you can just do it.

I could not move any toons from my main account to my starter account, ase message from the GM was that I needed to upgrade my starter account or atleast pay for game time 1 time. To kinda upgrade the account from starter account. But maybe it has change. This was like 4 months ago.

I could not move any toons from my main account to my starter account, ase message from the GM was that I needed to upgrade my starter account or atleast pay for game time 1 time. To kinda upgrade the account from starter account. But maybe it has change. This was like 4 months ago.
It may work because the account I play my vets on is linked to my main account via Bnet. And I also did have paid time on it ages ago.

So possibly a factor. I guess I shouldn't have assumed it worked for any unpaid account.

@Chops do u need to turn off ur vets xp before u resub to avoid lvling up or is that all fixed now? Many gms tell me that’s what I need to do but I also feel like they might be stupid

Vets don't bank XP. Period. It's not a concern

(I think this is an oversight and we'll probably see it fixed in the future, so keep an eye out)
Ty for info. The full xp bar had me shook even tho u can see the little mark of where ur xp is rlly at
[doublepost=1568221144,1568220951][/doublepost]
Sub the acc and then ask for a refund. Say it was a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread