Chardev - An iLevel scaling addon.

Odjur

Grandfathered
Do you remember Chardev (do not go to the website now, as it is currently an 18+ site)? Well, back in "the day" it used to be a website that allowed for character gear and stat customization and was used heavily by twinks and others alike. Nowadays we have the Wowhead Profiler, but it is a notoriously buggy feature of an already notoriously laggy website. Anyways, the name Chardev fit the bill when I was coming up with a name for my addon.

Chardev is now an iLevel scaling addon. The desire for one came about when I realized how hard it was to stat-check every piece of gear for how it would look inside of a BG, etc.

You can get it here, or in the Curse application: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/chardev

The addon is in version 1.0.0 release at the moment, and is nowhere near optimal, but it gets the job done much of the time. I keep a TODO list inside the main Lua file if you are curious about what is being worked on at any given time.

This post will be linked to on the 19 and 29 forums as well, but this addon is not just for them, or even for twinks exclusively. It has applications in Timewalking dungeons, Proving Grounds, etc.

* important * - Randomly enchanted gear is currently not included, but will be soon. In addition, a few items get past the level filter. This is a known bug and will be knocked out at the same time I add randomly enchanted gear. For now, they are both relatively minimal issues so they are going to stay as-is for the next build.

Nice, funny enough I just deleted an old guide with a lot of links to the old website today lol

The old chardev guy was from Germany, I had his name but forgot. Tried to contact him once before with scaling questions but never heard anything. Last I know he put the whole project on the website for anyone to download and take ownership of. We also have any add-on that grabs gear stats in bgs and saves them. Let me know if interested.

Necrotizing Fasciitis here, is anyone else able to get Chardev to work since 7.0? I can pull it up, it does it's thing where the word Chardev slowly moves from left to right green (letting you know it's ready for searching), I then type in an item to search and hit, oddly enough, Search and nothing happens. The Addon just sits there and mocks me. I've tried on a few Characters on each of my 3 Accounts with the same result.

Users who are viewing this thread