Charax Guide: When to return the flag

Charax

Battleground Superstar
Hey everyone! It's yer boy, Battleground Superstar Charax Silvershield with yet more helpful advice to amateur players.

Today's guide is very straightforward. No graphs or mathematical formulas like my last guide so I expect everyone to keep up. The subject is when to return the flag.

The concept is simple, and yet, it seems to mystify most players... when you drop the EFC, how soon should you click on the flag to return it? The longer you delay, the more time you give your FC to get to the cap spot without an enemy having the opportunity to repick.

I will describe several common situations with Charax recommendations on what you, as a player near the dropped flag, should do.

FC on Cap: No need to delay; return the flag immediately.

Enemies nearby: Return the flag immediately lest the enemy get the grab. Advanced Charax Tactic: If your FC needs more time, and the nearby enemy can be easily vanquished, you can allow the enemy to grab it, and then kill/return the flag.

Solo returner; no nearby enemies: You have the luxury to delay the return, and do so to demonstrate your superior game management and allow your FC to return time to get to cap.

Multiple returners; no nearby enemies: If you're in a group of teammates and you down the EFC, and there are no nearby enemies, it is customary for you to click on the flag immediately to return it. Why should some idiot teammate get credit for the hard earned return?

Two outcomes to this:

• You return the flag. The game recognizes you as the returnee and you get a flag return attributed to your name. It is very unlikely a teammate will criticize this.
  • A teammate returns the flag. While you do not get credit, you can take this opportunity to demonize your teammate's lack of game management. For example, "You didn't need to click return right away IDIOT!!" This will allow teammates to recognize you as the superior player and think less of the player that got credit for the return.
After mastering these techniques, you will enhance your prestige amongst your teammates.

Users who are viewing this thread