Cata Gems for BoE gear?

Fatherkaras

Legend
Do the cata era gems from Dragon Soul work for the ilvl37 BoEs? I know it’s only minor stat upgrades (I.e. 4 agil vs 3 agil), but didn’t know if anyone has tried it his yet before I started the complete lottery that is getting gems from that raid.

Do the cata era gems from Dragon Soul work for the ilvl37 BoEs? I know it’s only minor stat upgrades (I.e. 4 agil vs 3 agil), but didn’t know if anyone has tried it his yet before I started the complete lottery that is getting gems from that raid.

Yes the gems that say ilvl 35/36 work in the BoE gear. Unfortunately the Pure Primary Stat Gems shrink to +3 once socketed. The only real benefit for some classes is the +2/+2 gems that have mastery in them. I can’t speak for all classes but for a Hunter +2 mastery is approximately 1.1 Agi in terms of Attack Power. So in any scenario where you can substitute 1 Agi for 2 mastery, you will be ever so slightly stronger.

If that’s the case, it looks like I’ll start that grind then. Just wish Cata JC wasn’t daily locked from getting recipes. Guess I’ll save up the excess gems for when 10.0 drops and messed up stats if the beta trends continue.

If that’s the case, it looks like I’ll start that grind then. Just wish Cata JC wasn’t daily locked from getting recipes. Guess I’ll save up the excess gems for when 10.0 drops and messed up stats if the beta trends continue.
Again, there are only a few gem recipes that you'll want/need & in 8 day's time, you can get the tokens to grab the recipes.
The Wrath & TBC gems we've been using are still just as strong & don't suffer the level scaling downgrade in power. Aside from that, we will still need to wait & see what happens with the stat squish. I can't imagine they'll allow the gems to reamin... useful... in any way; nerfing them into oblivion, along with every other thing we love in their shiny-new Lobby game featuring 18 years of world content you can ignore.

Yes the gems that say ilvl 35/36 work in the BoE gear. Unfortunately the Pure Primary Stat Gems shrink to +3 once socketed. The only real benefit for some classes is the +2/+2 gems that have mastery in them. I can’t speak for all classes but for a Hunter +2 mastery is approximately 1.1 Agi in terms of Attack Power. So in any scenario where you can substitute 1 Agi for 2 mastery, you will be ever so slightly stronger.
i think i tried using the +2+2 mastery .. it shows +1+1 when socketed .. but i did that a year ago .. so might need to test again

Users who are viewing this thread