Can I get some help with this warrior theory-craft?

Bracers, boots and belt all gotta go. Shatari Wrought Greaves, Studded Girdle Of Virtue, and some bracers from a BFA dungeon that at least proc a socket. You'll probably also want rings with heavy haste/vers splits, mainly from legion dungeons (theres a fist full of them)

I also still need to test it but Im at least 83% certain artifact weapons are better than hatebringer, even with the triple socket.

More generally, the warrior you're building is quite squishy. There are a lot of snares and roots in the bracket these days and unless you're real quick on the defensive CDs (which is gonna wreck your dmg output) then you're gonna get chewed up. Warriors dont really hurt for output, so I would recommend (though feel free to ignore me) that you at least use 2 str/2 stam gems in place of the 3 str gems. You wont miss the ~20 str but you'll be pretty stoked for the ~40 or so stam. I really like a full steady talasite stack because I like being a beefy boy, but people who are smarter than me tell me this is less than optimal. Im sure some balance between the two would be quite beneficial.

I like being a beefy boy

:Kappa:

(edit- on topic, there's other 2h with 3 sockets than hatebringer... likely "better" too. Sethek halls and old hillsbrad.)
(i also dont think it will matter to get those, just offering it for your info gathering.)

:Kappa:

(edit- on topic, there's other 2h with 3 sockets than hatebringer... likely "better" too. Sethek halls and old hillsbrad.)
(i also dont think it will matter to get those, just offering it for your info gathering.)

I'm honestly not surprised I missed things that might be better, when I was looking for gear during the theory-craft I was mainly looking for +str socket bonuses which is why I landed on 2 hatebringers
[doublepost=1609213311,1609212989][/doublepost]
Bracers, boots and belt all gotta go. Shatari Wrought Greaves, Studded Girdle Of Virtue, and some bracers from a BFA dungeon that at least proc a socket. You'll probably also want rings with heavy haste/vers splits, mainly from legion dungeons (theres a fist full of them)

I also still need to test it but Im at least 83% certain artifact weapons are better than hatebringer, even with the triple socket.

More generally, the warrior you're building is quite squishy. There are a lot of snares and roots in the bracket these days and unless you're real quick on the defensive CDs (which is gonna wreck your dmg output) then you're gonna get chewed up. Warriors dont really hurt for output, so I would recommend (though feel free to ignore me) that you at least use 2 str/2 stam gems in place of the 3 str gems. You wont miss the ~20 str but you'll be pretty stoked for the ~40 or so stam. I really like a full steady talasite stack because I like being a beefy boy, but people who are smarter than me tell me this is less than optimal. Im sure some balance between the two would be quite beneficial.

How often to BFA bracers proc a socket?

why I landed on 2 hatebringers

I mean you already got two, so I wouldnt worry about it unless you feel a need. Not saying they're even that good, just that there were a couple others "better" if you wanted to max out that option.

I do agree on the idea that 2/2 gemming is a better path than exclusively +3 but dont have practical experience of late.

I mean you already got two, so I wouldnt worry about it unless you feel a need. Not saying they're even that good, just that there were a couple others "better" if you wanted to max out that option.

I do agree on the idea that 2/2 gemming is a better path than exclusively +3 but dont have practical experience of late.

I don't have two yet lol, I'm trying to figure out 3 classes/specs before I do anything so I can fill out my time efficiently and I figured 6 gem slots would be good to have but chops has said that he is mostly sure that the artifact weapons would be better so I'm not quite sure about which to go for
[doublepost=1609214171,1609213935][/doublepost]
No idea, ill let you know when I finish the grind, lol. Probably a low chance, like 5%

This gonna be a long grind lol

Ah... I thought your spreadsheet was what you have already.

On that note, honestly, I'd favor ease of acquisition over total "BiS" in that case. Farming on a deadline could leave you screwed... I'd rather get what i can first then focus on what I "need".

simple example is that I'm 40-is runs in on Epoch Hunter (where one of those weps of yours drop) and dont have my BiS leg choice - and that's ok cuz i have like 3 others in my bag just in case it never drops before time is up.

"Just dual wield destiny" has been a meme

Some of it you can do after you're unsubbed too, just get the gems/chants before you lose the ability to.

Ah... I thought your spreadsheet was what you have already.

Definitely not lol, this is my first time trying to vet twink so I wanted to craft some builds and run them by y'all over here before I did anything

On that note, honestly, I'd favor ease of acquisition over total "BiS" in that case. Farming on a deadline could leave you screwed... I'd rather get what i can first then focus on what I "need".

simple example is that I'm 40-is runs in one Epoch Hunter (where one of those weps drop) and dont have my BiS leg choice - and that's ok cuz i have like 3 others in my bag just in case it never drops before time is up.

So just grab what I can in a short period of time then focus on grinding better stuff once I get the easy stuff out of the way

chops has said that he is mostly sure that the artifact weapons would be better so I'm not quite sure about which to go for

Artifacts are way easier too, so there's that. Just get both IMO.

The sockets are gonna be "best" for something like chops's full talasite gemming for sure. that's +18 stam per wep. Plus artifact could get nerfed (doubt it, but who knows?) and options are always better than having none.

"Just dual wield destiny" has been a meme

That would be my #1 suggestion, especially trying to gear 3 toons. Get them all doable then get them "ideal". ;)

Wouldn't a mix of talasites and +3 str gems be the best of both worlds? like do warriors really need that many str gems when they have crusader? idk I would rather have the xtra armor so I oculd live longer while being perma kited by hunters.

Wouldn't a mix of talasites and +3 str gems be the best of both worlds? like do warriors really need that many str gems when they have crusader? idk I would rather have the xtra armor so I oculd live longer while being perma kited by hunters.

Right now I'm thinking after reading all the responses I've gotten so far is that I should go a bit heavier on +stam and +armor gems (maybe a little less than 3/4 of the total gems) and have the rest be +3 str gems and maybe toss in a few multi stat gems

Gearing 3 twinks is just about right for 30 days. I thought I could gear 4 toons in that time, but I've run out of gas after 19 days on 3 toons. Running Old Hillsbrad 34 times, Underbog 67 times, Auchenai Crypts 19 times, etc will test your patience. :D

For gems, add one Nightmare Tear for +3 all stats.

For legs, I went the easy route recommended by another forum poster. Just need 1 point in Panda engineering for the +stamina or +str or +agil leg reinforcement.

Before I started the 30 days, I wish I had scanned the auction house more for the ilvl 28 greens with one socket and gems > artifact relics. Trying to farm the ilvl 28 greens solo with a level 50 + 24 is just going to take too much time.

Though not the greatest, the panda vendor Alin the Finder in Townlong Steppes (Longying Outpost) sells ilvl 28 greens (no sockets). Could be just some temp placeholders for bracer, neck, ring, cloak, trinket, or if one wants to try gear that has a lot of mastery on it. At worst, it adds a transmog set. :)

Last edited:
Gearing 3 twinks is just about right for 30 days. I thought I could gear 4 toons in that time, but I've run out of gas after 19 days on 3 toons. Running Old Hillsbrad 80+ times, Underbog 70+, Auchenai Crypts 50+, etc will test your patience. :D

For gems, add one Nightmare Tear for +3 all stats.

For legs, I went the easy route recommended by another forum poster. Just need 1 point in Panda engineering for the +stamina or +str or +agil leg reinforcement.

Before I started the 30 days, I wish I had scanned the auction house more for the ilvl 28 greens with one socket and gems > artifact relics. Trying to farm the ilvl 28 greens solo with a level 50 + 24 is just going to take too much time.

Though not the greatest, the panda vendor Alin the Finder in Townlong Steppes (Longying Outpost) sells ilvl 28 greens (no sockets). Could be just some temp placeholders for bracer, neck, ring, cloak, trinket, or if one wants to try gear that has a lot of mastery on it. At worst, it adds a transmog set. :)

The ilvl 28 gear with lots of mastery sounds like fun with mm hunter

Users who are viewing this thread