Calling all FCs

0/10 No Unearthed Bands of Stam
That BM fc set is all wrong, you need the agi cause if you do the math behind it the difference between all monkey gear and all stam gear is about 5 stam total, including guard hp as a ratio, so full monkey gear gives you one, less hp your healers have to heal and a lower hp execute range.

Also you should be rocking double dancing steel so you can simply throw a barrel for double proc into guard for an extra 1k hp

Batts and I have been going back and forth about this (agi vs stam) the past week. I want to be less of a guard abusing monk even as FC, so I wanted the focus to be more about my hp than an undispellable shield. I like this set for what it will do, though I'll likely be using the BOA leather pants.

Can you imagine the boiled piss if the 39 bracketmaster was guard abusing even as an FC?

Thing about a Tank FC is that they take 50% more damage then anyone else holding the flag, that's even without stacks. And the sets I talk about are for premades, you would have around 10.5k hp with a 6k guard is pretty strong then 13k hp with a 2k guard. As well you get more armor from gear which increases damage reduction.

Note: boa legs with the 500 lw enchant is BiS as the leg enchant gives 13 stam.

Guard is 3.2k unscaled, landslide proc makes it about 5k which I felt was enough for a 30 second absorb.

I am unaware of the leg enchant, so thanks. I'll check that out.

Get em on TI to keep em around.

he i believe is on here already but if not I do know he reads the forums as we talk about threads on here all the time, He's in my guild and has twinked with me and my friends in 29's as well.

Thanks so much lmfao, glad I could please you dad!

edit: By all means, if you have an actually better setup feel free to share it, but I think I accomplished exactly what I set out to with what I have on.
I don't view my gearing choices as mistakes.
I'm intentionally going 2h because I don't want to double proc landslide and have a 10k shield, and I don't want to be an FC that's just spamming keg smash on the front lines.

I could trade 2stam for 2agi here and there, but I don't think there are many real improvements from what I've seen. It's all sidegrades, AP/agi/armor for stam and back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much lmfao, glad I could please you dad!

edit: By all means, if you have an actually better setup feel free to share it, but I think I accomplished exactly what I set out to with what I have on.
I don't view my gearing choices as mistakes.
I'm intentionally going 2h because I don't want to double proc landslide and have a 10k shield, and I don't want to be an FC that's just spamming keg smash on the front lines.

I could trade 2stam for 2agi here and there, but I don't think there are many real improvements from what I've seen. It's all sidegrades, AP/agi/armor for stam and back.

TBH your set is only missing a few things, arch stone of monkey, mabye different trinket(hard cause your human), importantly double landslide wont proc when you need it to, sure you can have if when you are front lining during the early stages of the stacks but when the stacks get higher you will want that double dancing in the situation when you need the high ap for the larger guard. But so far your set is looking great

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually farming monkey arch stone to replace the BoA ring, just haven't gotten it to drop yet :(

The set bonus from defias 2p counts as bonus armor. Not counting the LW leg enchants, as I don't have a LW, you're talking trading a total of 4 stam for 2 agi and 10 bonus armor (plus some irrelevant crit/haste from legs) With the LW enchant it might be a closer trade.

Dancing Steel has about double the RPPM for half the stat increase. Since guard is a 30sec CD I think something with 2PPM is enough since I don't actually want it up all the time; I find DPS BMs scummy enough and I plan to just have enough offensive presence to help me pick flag and to put some counter pressure on returners.

I'll keep my DW dancing steel/imp gloves/BoA pants setup as usualy on WW, but I put thought into my choices for BM :D Good to see your analysis is about on point with mine though, and I didn't mean to come across as insulting on my last post if you took it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread