EU+US Calling all Boe gear farmers about blue gear drops

tence

Legend
I'm interested in figuring out what high ilvl blues have actually dropped for people and where they dropped. I myself have only seen 3 different ilvl 28 boe blues across multiple servers; them being magefist gloves, stormbringer belt, and darkweave breaches. I remember someone posted a possible list of items that could drop for 20s but many of them seemed to be from dungeons 20s couldn't enter.

Icehawk has gotten a few to drop from gnomer, with the ring being the there best FC ring after the WC one but I have never seen it on any AH. I have seen screen shots as well of keller's girdle, magician's mantle, starsite tunic, and thorbias gauntlets but they were all bought from the ah.

I am fully prepared to farm these up on my 20 but I want to know if these items even exist still or if they were some freak accident in coding. To anyone that has farmed and gotten high Ilvl blues to drop for 20/29 please chime in. This is open to ftps and ptps. As a group we can figure this out once and for all.

I can confirm that there is 28 ilvl Feet of lynx and Gloomshroud cuz i saw people wearing it. I myself have only magefist 28 lvl :[

https://xpoff.com/threads/lvl-20-ilvl-28-boes.78706/

I still want a magefist @ 28, I know @Tollo sniped a pair of the AH, hella lucky

take a look through that thread though, a decent collection of 28s in there including thorbs, kellers, etc

EDIT: rereading this I can imagine you've already seen the thread, ignore that. Although i'd be willing to farm some of these with you, prot pal / disc priest with some nice dps might make for a good grp

EDIT EDIT:
b7de02d70f45d2358e4adec77ab72e41.png
this piece here dropped for me in gnomer in legion

Electrocutioner's Lugnut and Charged Gear from Gnomer are both BOP so they wont be on the AH ever?

Question and Answer:

Im not sure exactly how the game works... but, for example on WowHead Thorbias Gauntlets can be dropped by:

Vicious Black Bear 28 - 61 Hillsbrad Foothills

Since the level of that creature is 28 (as in if you go kill that creature as a level 20... it should be AT least level 28 and not scale down anymore... as in if you go to Hillsbrad you should never see a lower level Vicious Black Bear than 28 if you are level 20 yourself... if you do I'm full of shit and so is everything past this point in my babbling.)... does that mean he can ONLY drop the item level 28 version of Thorbia's Gauntlets if it drops from him?

OR

does it matter the level of the player that killed the Vicious Black Bear...

I think its just You at level 20.. killing the Vicious Black Bear and he can only drop the item level 28 Thorbia's Gauntlets... because if you were higher level he would drop a version that could not be used by level 20? And any other version you see on the AH, is being farmed from ANY other monster in the game that has a level range lower than the min level of 28... so if you were level 20 and killed another monster who was level 26 and that monster dropped Thorbia's Gauntlets you would get an imperfect version of them... not the level 28 ones you wanted.

So either go farm bears or just ignore me.

I do know 100% that not every item in game scales directly with player level on pick up tho... there are not 120 versions of some blues... there are just say 10 level brackets that can drop.

Anybody?

Last edited:
Electrocutioner's Lugnut and Charged Gear from Gnomer are both BOP so they wont be on the AH ever?

Question and Answer:

Im not sure exactly how the game works... but, for example on WowHead Thorbias Gauntlets can be dropped by:

Vicious Black Bear 28 - 61 Hillsbrad Foothills

Since the level of that creature is 28 (as in if you go kill that creature as a level 20... it should be AT least level 28 and not scale down anymore... as in if you go to Hillsbrad you should never see a lower level Vicious Black Bear than 28 if you are level 20 yourself... if you do I'm full of shit and so is everything past this point in my babbling.)... does that mean he can ONLY drop the item level 28 version of Thorbia's Gauntlets if it drops from him?

OR

does it matter the level of the player that killed the Vicious Black Bear...

I think its just You at level 20.. killing the Vicious Black Bear and he can only drop the item level 28 Thorbia's Gauntlets... because if you were higher level he would drop a version that could not be used by level 20? And any other version you see on the AH, is being farmed from ANY other monster in the game that has a level range lower than the min level of 28... so if you were level 20 and killed another monster who was level 26 and that monster dropped Thorbia's Gauntlets you would get an imperfect version of them... not the level 28 ones you wanted.

So either go farm bears or just ignore me.

I do know 100% that not every item in game scales directly with player level on pick up tho... there are not 120 versions of some blues... there are just say 10 level brackets that can drop.

Anybody?

The ring I was referencing was the queen's jewel which gives 7 vers 6 stam making it 1 vers higher than lorekeeper's ring at lvl 20.

I have seen conflicting things with drops vs monster level and witnessed it myself. I got a lvl 13 demon band to drop off a lvl 21 mob on my 20 paladin. Why would it be lvl 13? Or a lvl 23 blue wep off a lvl 14 mob scaled up to 20. There's some system that isnt working properly for theory crafting. Because of this I am trying to track WHERE people got the drops so we at least have accurate data points to try to figure out the system from.

check the level of the level 21 mob tho... it might have been possible for the mob to be 13-21 (or whatever) or so... I believe that if the mob would have been a minimum level of 21, it would have dropped the item at level 21... not 13.

IMO if you killed that mob 1000000 times, it would always drop the same level item for you... given you got the same blue multiple times... it would not ever be 1 item level then randomly another.... it would be the same each time.

So again, it has to do with the mobs MINIMUM spawn level... wow head will show you that.

My bear example was specifically because the vicious black bear CANNOT spawn at less than level 28.... which would lock any blue drop from him at item level 28... now if you killed it on one of your toons that was level 60 it would drop a higher level of Thorbias gaunts that you could not use at level 20... but if you kill when you are level 20 it can only drop level 28 items... hence your perfect thorbias gaunlets that you can use at level 20 on your toon.

Regardless you would have to know their level when they farmed the item... was the creature elite/rare/normal... I doubt people are going to remember that.

Last edited:
The ring I was referencing was the queen's jewel which gives 7 vers 6 stam making it 1 vers higher than lorekeeper's ring at lvl 20.

I have seen conflicting things with drops vs monster level and witnessed it myself. I got a lvl 13 demon band to drop off a lvl 21 mob on my 20 paladin. Why would it be lvl 13? Or a lvl 23 blue wep off a lvl 14 mob scaled up to 20. There's some system that isnt working properly for theory crafting. Because of this I am trying to track WHERE people got the drops so we at least have accurate data points to try to figure out the system from.

I think I looted one of those non-scaled from a Treasure Chest, and might have accidentally thrown it away.

But back to the topic: I am always happy to form some 5-man Rare Mob hunting parties. My understanding is we won't interfere with each other's loot tables, and in stead of only having 1 chance for a mob to drop a Blue BoE while soloing, we can raise to 5 times (once per group member).

Greetings

So i have spend some time trying to farm BoE both world drops but also dungeon drops from Gnomeregan.

When beginning my farm i was a bit confused, but that confusion has only grown as i have gotten deeper into the farming. First i thought that all items would scale down to level 21-24. This was proved wrong as i have looted 1 level 29 item that has been scaled up in Gnomeregan. I will categorize the different farming methods i have done and tell about my experience with them.

Gnomeregan
  • Greens are usually between level 21 and 24, how ever i have recieved level 26,27,28 and even 1 level 29 green from trash.
  • Blue items that drop such as Mechbuilder's Overalls all scale to level 29, when on a level 29 char. So far i gotten 6 Blue BoE drops in Gnomeregan and all has been scaled to level 29. Note that these blues are the "Gnomeregan only blues" meaning that maybe this rule only apply to those items, and not the random blues that can drop anywhere.
  • Loot from chests do not scale what so ever, this enables you to farm the original item level of an item.
World Drop
  • First spot i farmed i found a place with the old loot system, this was very strange and i could need / greed on items like in the old days. All items where original item level, so i think this spot was bugged. I manged to get greens between level 21 and 26 on in a 30-60 Zone looting on a level 29 char.
  • Second spot i farmed was a lot more interesting and what confused me the most. It was in a high level zone 35-60 so i should not be able to get loot from there. After farming for 8 hours though i found myself with plenty of BoE greens, that scales between level 26 to 34. Yes thats correct i could loot level 34 greens from mobs on a level 29? Very confusing i know. I have also managed to get a couple of green BoE items that originally are level 32-34 scales down to level 29. So far after 8 hours of farming i have yet to recieve a blue BoE item. Im not sure if they even can drop, but if they can it should be possible to get level 30-40 BoE blues scaled down to level 29. This would enable for a lot of new BiS pieces to be obtainable by 29 twinks. I already looted a BiS bow for hunters, that is scaled down from level 34 to level 29, having versility and haste making it slightly better for versitility builds for hunters.
I will make sure to keep adding information as i gather more, good luck everyone hope you collect some sick pieces.

Sincerely Averlý

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned already but I heard from blightrunner the way he farmed his thorbias gaunlets ilvl 28 he ran stockades over 300 times until it dropped on a 120 character. So you don't need to be lvl 20 for these items to drop. Also you don't want to farm in a group because its group loot, you'll get more loot just farming separately. If you dungeon with 1 or 5 people the same amount of loot will be shared. Keep instance lockouts in mind too.

Users who are viewing this thread