Embu

French Moderator
After making the group draw on Twitch about the teams, here is the pannel meeting of the tourney. It's about a new pannel compared with the former one - it was a necessary decision because we wanted to improve the organization of the tournament, and the first table, although being a simpliest remake of the 2016 one, was too difficult to understand.

170828011051898025.jpg

SUMMARY

1. Results about pools compositions
2. About today's matches
3. How does work the tourney?

1. Results about pools compositions

Poule 1

Team #1 - Sons of Bitching
Team #2 - Pirates des Tarides
Team #3 - Kickaxe

Poule 2

Team #4 - Z-Warrior
Team #5 - Les Cornichons magiques
Team #6 - MOB a mattie

2. About today's matches

Today we want to organize the first encounters from 09 pm. These frst matches will be done via pools and will enable to every team to know in which bracket they will have to go thereafter. Knowing there will be 3 teams in each pool, it means thus that there will be 2 matches to do for each of them - either 6 matchs for today all in all.

If possible, we will try to do at least both phase 2 and A next, in order to progress as quickly as possible (I recall that the patch 7.3 arrives on 30 August ; from this date all classes will receive new changes, that will unbalance our game format).

3. How does work the tourney?

For this year we have decided to make a double-elimination tournament. It means that you have to lose twice in the tourney to be definitively eliminated. We choose this fighting way because it enables to extend the tourney and give a second chance for each team ; besides, knowing we have less teams than last year (6 against 8 for 2016), it should be noted as well to don't go too quickly, in order to extend the duration of the games.

Tournament simulation:

11-52efb19.jpg

As regards the double-elimination system, you can see on the demonstration picture above that everyone goes towards the bottom of the pannel (aka. loser bracket) once a match is lost at the top of the pannel (aka. winner bracket). Of course this is explained by the fact that you need a 2nd defeat to be definitively eliminated of the championship. The first teams that will fight after losing a match will be the ones that would get the last position both in pools and phase 2.

As a consequence, once the games in phase A ended, the two teams that would lost twice will be definitively eliminated. The two teams that would have won in phase A will fight in phase B thereafter, and the winning team will qualify for phase C where it will face the losing team of the phase 3. Indeed, the losing team of the phase 3 would have the right to get a second chance since as we said previously, the teams that will be eliminated in the tourney must be the ones that lose twice.

Once the phase C ended, the winning team of this phase will face the winning team of the phase 3 for the final of the tournament. All the matches that will be done before the final will be made in best of 3 : it means that it is the first team that will win two rounds that will win the match. However, once the final reached, the two finalist teams will fight in best of 5. At that moment, it will be the first team that will win 3 rounds that will achieve the finale and thus the tourney.

Note : the players that will group us will be Kinian, Raymond and Garitos.

[ANNONCEMENT]

Here is the battle order (the stream will start at 09 pm) :

Team 6 VS Team 5
Team 6 VS Team 4
Team 5 VS Team 4

Team 1 VS Team 3
Team 1 VS Team 2
Team 3 VS Team 2

I will stream on the French teamspeak so don't be surprised if you hear some foreigner language. Anyway I will talk in English as soon as possible and from this way the stream will be both in English and French

Last edited:
[ANNONCEMENT]

Pools have been ended, so here is the new battle order that we will adopt tonight at 09 pm :

• Team 1 VS Team 6
  • The losing team of the game between team 1 and 6 VS Team 3
  • Team 4 vs Team 2
  • The winning team of the game between team 1 and 6 VS the winning team of the game between team 2 et 4
  • The winning team of the 1rst match in phase A VS the winning team of the 2nd match in phase B

The two matches that will remain will be semi-finals and final.

170829063844697735.jpg

About the stream: I've meet a lot problems yesterday although right now I've managed to correct some of them.

So please apologize me if you could'nt see the window of the game: normally it's fixed now and the stream should work tonight.

(But if someone could broadcast live from his own side, it would be great)

Problem comes from an interface choice. Full screen mode prevented me to capture the game, although I've made several test streams before.

So tonight I will try with Windows mode. I've already made some attempts and I think it will works (see this video, recorded after the tournament without being in full screen mode).

But that's why I've published a request about Twitch: if someone could take my place to stream it would be more practical for me.

Last edited:
Problem comes from an interface choice. Full screen mode mode prevented me to capture the game, although I've made several test streams before.

So tonight I will try with Windows mode. I've already made some attempts and I think it will works (see this video, recorded after the tournament without being in full screen mode).

But that's why I've published a request about Twitch: if someone could take my place to stream it would be more practical for me.

I'd advise against streaming the games without any games on the screen, it's kinda pointless - especially if you're casting in French with the majority of this site speaking English.

Yes that's sure, that's why I'm trying right now to solve this problem as fast as possible.

As concerns the language, I've spoke a lot in English yesterday but it was during the games, so it has not been recorded.

But thank you for your advices: I'll take note of it.

There is no point in streaming an arena tourney when u don't use the arena spectator addon to watch them all except your own PoV of your games.

The fact is this addon doesn't work anymore since 2016 so we have to do wargames in 5vs5 in order I may stream inside. With Replayx we tried today to test it once again but without success. The addon appears, but the fonctionality that enables to put someone in doesn't work.

Replayx doesn't understand because he saw the addon working about 2 months ago in a 29 twinks cup, but other guys told me that now it is impossible because recently they tried and this was not working though.

I Challenge your tournament teams to a Championship. @Embu Best 4 teams of US vs EU

I've send you a PM

Problem has just been solved: you need to be in P2P account to launch the addon in fact.

See here => https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170738417

Another thing: tonight the team #6 will take a substitue player to replace Rebjorn, that couldn't be there. Here is their comp:

• Plebcitybish-aggramar
  • Nairhxo-aggramar
  • Lexa-aggramar

Last edited:
Tournament is ended, publication of the results for soon.

A lot of you subscribed to the Twitch channel, so thank you very much! Still one week ago there were only 3 subscribers, now 26. That's huge (at least for me) :)

Perhaps that in one month or two it will be possible to create a new championship in which the best teams of EU and US will fight ; the project is just an idea but if it takes form the result would be quite cool. I have to check that with Trialmop and I keep you informed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread