EU+US Bug Making F2Ps into Full Accounts

Turtle

Banned
there is a weird bug affecting CERTAIN free to play accounts
When you log in you are able to invite, use the AH, and level past your current level

I strongly recommend that if you are able to do so on your F2P account, get certain achievements and certain items off AH for your twink
This is honestly huge and you could essentially have a geared vet and literally never paying a single cent to blizz

My friend Oghorn/Shiftmcswag inviting me on his F2P toon

CQCV4Pw.jpg

Last edited:
ALSO be careful not to level past 20 you may lose your character forever

someone confirm if this is happening on EU?

I can confirm this happened aswell to my pure-f2p friend. He has never bought a full account and his account is some years old. // On bnet, his account still says that he's "starter acc" but is able to trade, invite, check mail, buy from AH and get xp.
----
My f2p account is new (some weeks old) and it didn't happen :(

Can confirm this.

My original account with Rhaellia-Aerie Peak is able to buy stuff off the AH. It's possible this is not a bug. This might be Blizzard planning to remove restrictions or possibly bump the level cap up. After-all, they're pushing the movie as a big time marketing for the game. The system in place for trials was to the extent that if your character was over level cap, it would get immediately locked upon logout. This doesn't not seem like a system that would 'accidentally' be removed or turned off so easily.

Can confirm this.

My original account with Rhaellia-Aerie Peak is able to buy stuff off the AH. It's possible this is not a bug. This might be Blizzard planning to remove restrictions or possibly bump the level cap up. After-all, they're pushing the movie as a big time marketing for the game. The system in place for trials was to the extent that if your character was over level cap, it would get immediately locked upon logout. This doesn't not seem like a system that would 'accidentally' be removed or turned off so easily.

Seems to be a bug , not a feature

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742935144#13

yeEEEE CyAZ kiDSsssss

Last edited:
Oh and detective skills here out of this world

ty info blizzard lackeys /backseat moderators 4 exposing TeH h0NEST Truth

207409885522 said:
Actually Vrak this is the second post I have seen on this, the other one was in one of the "suspended" threads. That person posted that they were playing on a starter account with a level 23 character.

BLIZZARD COCKROACH DEVS AND STAFF ALWAYS DELETING THREADS THAT EXPLAIN GLITCHES INGAME, HOW SHIT GAME ACTUALLY IS,ETC AS USUAL

Last edited:
Update: Seems to be a bug.

It seems to be randomly affecting accounts. Some people are reporting trial accounts with full account access. Others are reporting account suspensions even possible bans. So, basically, looks like Blizzard just messed things up big time.

Only one of my accounts is currently affected by this. I can use the AH and the mailbox. I can receive and send mail. I can also log in to my old F2P death knights. Unsure of level cap (or gold cap) but my guess is probably 90 since MoP is baseline now.

My understanding is this is supposed to be fixed by now but I can still do stuff.

Last edited:
Greetings

Also happening to me - went into a battleground and started gaining XP. Thought that WSG was a bit easy...

Logged out and back in again and it was still happening.

Scary times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread