Buff protection over anything?

ghank

OG
I've seen a lot of horde and ally lately with a zillion buffs including 2-3 world buffs. They often will be at full range always, and run when at half hp. And sometimes the afk before they die. I just killed a 39 shaman with every buff imaginable. Felt good I must say. Should we protect our buffs at all costs over the game?

No. I myself have a full set of buffers (a separate account filled with every class and buff (more or less)) and a clean setup for efficient world buffs.

But once you are in there, they are there to help you win, you are there to help your team win, and to have fun being a decked out twink : ) Certainly it makes that first death meaningful, and there are times you might disengage to save them, but if you are going to AFK out why even play : P? You can just get them again later, and leaving your team hanging isn't winning in my book.

As a side note, picking good fights is critical for any player, buffed or not, if you have to run you made a mistake or were outplayed. There are also times to just go straight at the EFC if you think you can kill him, even if it will cost your life.

Don't see any point of it unless you're recording for a twink montage, which the majority of people don't do.

I don't see any videos at least :rolleyes:

Seeing lots of people crying about enemy players leaving. Them leaving gives more advantage to you to win the BG. So I don't get the complaints. Only teammates should complain.

i used to have all kinds of buff protection like those useless spirit scrolls str scrolls etc

later on nerds caught on what I was doing(they would have dual faction so they could see my buffs and as soon as they would join into a bg they would have me on target of target just mousing over the buffs)

i could feel them seething across the monitor

it later evolved into this weird clown show where they would afk on their faction and switch to opposite faction try to snipe with their purge priests/purge shamans(they didnt care if they died) and they would bring 3-4 buttbuddies that would go afk to make the game extra hard(10vs7 or 10vs6 is hard AF)

but its even more satisfiying where you dont die and dont let them purge your buffs and go like 35-0 or 40-0

hehe it makes them rage

but the point of the story is

flag cappers, flaggers, and all their derivatives are always subhuman

I think hunters are the ones that are buff whores the most. They have max range and speed so they can shoot and get out of range. But the troll in AB that would afk everytime he got low hp, pretty lame imo.

If your team has a mage it's often worth casting Detect Magic! If someone has a long line of buffs, consider working with your team to take them down at least once or force them out : ) If you can do so you've denied their team quite a lot of power!

Felt great to kill you as well. I buff to kill gnelves. I only ever buff on my first life to go for those big perfect games which i get fairly often. I dont use scrolls and just happened to have WBs from standing in Org. I have nvr afk’d out and i dont let it stop me from objectives unless a game is totally lopsided like that one was. Buffs are part of the game. Sorry if you dont and congo rats on the kill.

and a clean setup for efficient world buffs.

Do you mind sharing what you do to get world buffs? I am on a low populations server so I imagine step one would be to move. What is step two? I'd love to know since I do plan on moving for that reason and so AH consumables are more available.

I can only speak for Horde side, only ally i ever rolled was 29 ret many moons ago and dont recall much on this subject. You get 2 of the WBs when somebody on your faction turns in Rend’s head or Onyxia’s head, but you have to be in Org or Xroads. Theres a similar buff that is great that drops in Booty Bay when somebody on your faction turns the heart in.

Songflower buff - nvr got this one but my 49 friends have. You have to get the flower spawn

Darkmoon Fairie Fair buff - you get this customizable buff by answering questions in certain order. Google is your friend.

Holiday buffs - Mistletoe from Winters Veil, chocolates from Valentines etc. These are seasonal buffs, but some can be saved indefinitely.

Dire Maul buffs - could get these on 49s and 59s i reckon. Maybe lower but it would likely be difficult. These are mostly for raiders.

Im sure there are other buffs aside from consumables, but thats what ino off top of my head. GLHF

Last edited:
@Taofight Sure : ) Most servers coordinate on world buffs so that raiders will have them, even small servers. Ask raiding guilds or in the LookingForGroup chat channel and people will be able to tell you what the setup is!

For dragon buff, just log on in a capital city and get the buff with everyone else.
For heart buff, I like to fly to BB (and be fully buffed with Fort, Mark, and Int to gain the extra 15% from those stats for 2 hours as well.)

For Rend it will depend on server and faction, I'm currently on a high pop server alliance side. I get summoned to Xroads, and have an alt on a 2nd account MC me for the buff. You'll need to ask people on your server when it is. (This by far is the most work to obtain as an alliance member, as a Hordie you can just treat it like another dragon buff and long into Org at the right times!)

For Mankrik (which I recently moved to) their is a discord server where each day they post a buff schedule for both Horde and Alliance, that makes it easy to plan around : )

At level 19 I can't obtain Songflower or DMT buffs, darkmoon faire is nice when it's in town, but that's more the exception rather than a normal thing.

I came to the conclusion in an AB game, if you have more than one WB you are a virgin. Strange but it's 99% true.

I'm married, and I play with my wife : ) Guess that makes me a 1%er. Way back in 2006 more of us were teens, now many of us are married and a decent number of us get to play with our wives : )

For reference the amount of actual playing time it takes me to get each buff is maybe the following Rend (6-10 minutes), Heart (4-6 minutes), Ony (2-3 minutes). Yes, that's some time, but I enjoy playing at the limits of my character's potential!

Yep can confirm, those with 2 or more WBs care more about the buffs than anything else. Sad buttholes if you ask me, losers in life.

Users who are viewing this thread