Brumble's PvP Video

Turtlezyo said:
1270796839480.jpg
Yeah about 150cm on about 1.5 sec, 1m/s!

Major props Brumble, I enjoyed the video, excellent editing with the music (which I assume was done by Subjection).

Also, I'm wondering if any battles against that UD rogue that did not start off with you both sapping each other weren't blowouts :p

--

In other news, I may reactivate my account during Cataclysm, but I'm not sure with school and possibly a new job. Thanks for considering the funding but don't expect me to do anything yet.

Med'an said:
Loved your movie Brumble, would have loved playing with/against you US people with pre cata talents. RIP old talent tree/ 39 balance.

- BTW, if you got any other footage you havent published please just release it, its allways fun to watch good rogues. (I think I read someplace on US wow forums you have another movie?)
Thanks mate

I've made short clips of various things, hitbox tricks and stuff, but this is my first actual full length video. I do have a lot of unpublished footage that didn't make it into the video, I could probably work on putting something together

Kopnuss said:
I had the chance to play with Brumble :D Some skrimish matches and 1v1, but most of the time only against Entz ( good ones ) :). Bad thing about playing US WoW if you're from EU is the latenz, but its quite ok if you have the chance of playing with some US ppl ! I'm glad that you haven't kicked me out of your guild Brumble ^^ will maybe re-activate my US Account in a few weeks or so.
Ahoy Kopnuss!

Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to play with each other much, I ended up quitting WoW for about 6 months just after you had arrived. That'd be cool If you did re-activate at some point, just know that 4.0 Is nothing like 3.X ;P

Rogue mechanics are entirely different now, the class feels more simplified at 39 and the skill cap has been lowered. Rogue duels are pretty messy now ;[

Turtlezyo said:
also really like the turtle at 6:45. ty
The highlight of the movie, imo!

Druiddroid said:
Major props Brumble, I enjoyed the video, excellent editing with the music (which I assume was done by Subjection).

Also, I'm wondering if any battles against that UD rogue that did not start off with you both sapping each other weren't blowouts :p

--

In other news, I may reactivate my account during Cataclysm, but I'm not sure with school and possibly a new job. Thanks for considering the funding but don't expect me to do anything yet.
Hey Druid ;]

Aye, Subjection did an excellent job of subtly syncing up the footage with the Music, he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Well, as Mage/Rogue vs Rogue/Paladin, we won a series of 10 games in a row or something, but as Rogue/Priest vs Rogue/Paladin they fared much better, though the opener really helps.

It's all good on the funding, just let me know If I can help if you do decide to return

Here's a match that Sub edited but didn't make it into the movie - Download Brumble Paladin vs Rogue Druid.wmv

Although the quality isn't as good as Warcraftmovies, I uploaded the film to Youtube in three parts :

[video=youtube;-aWqQN4U2m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aWqQN4U2m0[/video]

[video=youtube;QHLSX5CpwuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHLSX5CpwuA[/video]

[video=youtube;JSbH6ZF7ASM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSbH6ZF7ASM[/video]

And here's two scenes of the Hitbox Manuever

[video=youtube;gRkEcLwoYQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRkEcLwoYQ8[/video]

[video=youtube;xQs_R49EKm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQs_R49EKm0[/video]

Is that LoseControl addon you are using? If so how do you get it to show timers? If not, what mod is it?

Also good vid mang. The guy that edited it for you did a good job.

DesH said:
Is that LoseControl addon you are using? If so how do you get it to show timers? If not, what mod is it?
It is LoseControl, the timers that it displays are from OmniCC though.

DesH said:
Also good vid mang. The guy that edited it for you did a good job.
Aye, Subjection indeed did a great job!

whoa, i liked that hitbox maneuver thing, i didnt really get what was going on so do you think you could provide an explanation? if not, np, just looks like a cool thing.

my basic understanding of it is that he's outside the auto-swing range but close enough to apply abilities. for that reason, he's able to use abilities on the target while they're CC'ed while not breaking the CC

^ very basic terms as I cant think of any scenarios atm

Sanitarium said:
my basic understanding of it is that he's outside the auto-swing range but close enough to apply abilities. for that reason, he's able to use abilities on the target while they're CC'ed while not breaking the CC

k ty

i get it now

allright I give up! Brumble, I'll pay you 100$ if you share your UI with me! gosh it looks beautifull! You deserve a lot of credit for this movie.

I have one question though, the duels with Subjection, are those in Zangarmarsh ? if so, where? I tried to find it, but I missed it obviously.

Again, I'm a fan, hands down!

Yours truly - Enjoy

blazed said:
allright I give up! Brumble, I'll pay you 100$ if you share your UI with me! gosh it looks beautifull! You deserve a lot of credit for this movie.

I have one question though, the duels with Subjection, are those in Zangarmarsh ? if so, where? I tried to find it, but I missed it obviously.

Yours truly - Enjoy

brumble almost never visits TI.com.. there was a post on the old forums detailing his entire UI, but apparently they deleted them >:

Steamed said:
whoa, i liked that hitbox maneuver thing, i didnt really get what was going on so do you think you could provide an explanation? if not, np, just looks like a cool thing.

Sanitarium said:

Aye, that's pretty much it ;P

Here's some examples of how I apply it in the video -

During the Intro I Sap and then Cheapshot a Rogue to setup a bleed opener ( he then Trinkets and Blinds me, but I vanished the blind )

Example 1

At the end of the first match with 4 Combo points on Loudly, I gouge him for a fifth and then wait for several seconds to regen before Rupturing outside the auto attack hitbox radius so as not to break the Gouge, and then I hemorrhage + Auto attack him as the Rupture ticks to finally break the gouge to maximize DPS output.

Example 2

Some more examples

Gouge Rupture

Gouge Rupture #2

Gouge Dismantle

Sap ~> Garrote ~> Rupture ~> Gouge ~> Backstab ~> Vanish

There's a lot more scenes where I utilize the hitbox in the video, but I've probably listed enough :p

blazed said:

Yours truly - Enjoy
Thanks Blazed, I'm glad you enjoyed the video. The area where we dueled was an uninstanced AQ, It'd show our location as Sithilus sometimes ( though our location mostly appeared blank ) and we had to terrain exploit from Tanaris via Levitation for 10+ minutes to reach the location.

I've always enjoyed playing around with Addons, I've spent a LOT of hours customizing and editing my UI which has evolved over the years to the Interface it is today. I'll start looking into making my UI settings public, I've received a number of requests now to do so, I just haven't had the time >.<!

I actually managed to save a copy of my UI thread the day before Blizzard shut down the forums, so here you go!

Some of the addons I list haven't been updated for 4.0 yet unfortunately. I can go into more detail on anything if you'd like me to.

Unit Frames - ImageShack® - Error

There’s a lot of options out there, but I personally prefer Pitbull4 for the level of customization that’s available. I have all Unit Frames displayed on the lower half of my screen with Player, Target, Target’s Target and Target’s Target’s Target Frames displayed along the bottom middle of my screen just above my Action Bars. I find having those frames in the center bottom of my screen instead of the default top left is more beneficial for the fact that everything is centralized, you don’t have to keep flicking your gaze to the corner of your screen when the action is going on right in front of you. ImageShack® - Error

Action Bars - ImageShack® - Error

I use Dominos on my Rogue, and Macaroon on all other classes. Most Action bar addons are fairly similar, but I find Macaroon superior because It allows for an unlimited amount of Action Bars, and macros can be written directly into the action bars and you’re not constricted to the normal 255 character limit. I have my vital abilities with Cooldowns displayed directly under my target with lesser important binds under my Player, and Target’s Target’s frames on either side, with the rest of my action bars hidden.

Scrolling Text - ImageShack® - Error

I use xDamageFont for the Scrolling Combat Text that appears above players, with the custom font S017036D.TTF , and I use MikScrollingBattleText for all other Text, with universal font of S017036D.TTF as well. I used to use SpellAlerter + SpellAlert, but by creating 50+ MSBT triggers I was able to simulate their functionality and then some.

Name Plates - ImageShack® - Error

NamePlates are the Frames that appears above players heads. I use Aloft, and AloftCastWarning which displays Cast Bars for non-targeted players.

Cooldown Timers - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I use OmniCC to display Timers on everything; Cooldowns, Buffs, Debuffs etc. By default, OmniCC displays It’s timer in the center of abilities, I edited the LUA file to display them along the Top though, so you can visibly see the graphic of the ability easier. I also edited the LUA so that the addon displays tenths of a second countdown on things under 60 seconds and everything below 10 seconds is larger, and in red. I’ve included the edited file If anyones interested in replicating my setup - Download full.lua

Battleground Specific - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Capping will display the Name and Class and current Health in a percentage form of both Fc’s as long as yourself, or someone also running the addon is within range of the enemy FC. You can target a FC by clicking on their name, or announce their Name and Class by Ctrl+Left clicking. Capping also has Queue and Battleground timer functions, It will display the time until the gates open, or when a flag will respawn, etc. I also have Cartographer which when used with conjunction to Capping, will display Raid members as color coded POI’s on the minimap that will flash red while in combat.

LoseControl

LoseControl provides a customizable CC Icon, configurable for Player, Target, Focus, Party1-5 and Arena1-5. I just use Player and Focus.

Proximo

Proximo was the Arena mod that most used back in the day before Gladius. Although Proximo hasn’t been updated in years, It still works, and It has a feature that allows you to enable it in battlegrounds. It will display the Name/Class/Health/Mana/Cast Bars of the last 5 players you’ve engaged. I use Ctrl+1-5 and Ctrl+Shift+1-5 to Target or set as my Focus specific Proximo player IDs. It can get a little buggy at times.

Enemy Cooldown tracking - Afflicted

I have Afflicted setup to display all Hostile player cooldowns as bars in the Bottom Right of my screen, and Interrupt spells in an Icon format in the middle right of my screen.

Crowd Control and Diminishing Returns monitors - Cctracker and Drtracker

I have Drtracker setup next to Afflicted with identical configurations, with Cctracker being redirected into Drtracker.

Minimap - pMinimap

I use pMinimap with pStats. pStats displays information about your FPS, MS, Addons etc while mousing over your tracking icon.

Minimapbuttonframe

MBF collects and hides Minimap icons for Addons.

Arena Frames - Gladius ImageShack® - Error

Cast Bars - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Gnosis Cast Bars for Player, Target and Focus. GCD + Swing timers for player. All bars are placed ontop of Pitbull frames which are set to low Strata.

YawningCombat counts down from and is continually reset to 6 seconds every time you engage in combat. I have it display as transparent bar with the letters ‘OoC’ as soon as I drop combat. It's beneath my Unit frame.

Chat Mods - ImageShack® - Error

I’m using PhanxChat in additional to Prat for my Chat Frame, and WIM(WoW Instant Messenger for Whispers)

Misc - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

RangeDisplay displays the range of my Target, Focus and Mouseover. TipTac is the mouseover tooltip anchored to my mouse pointer. Bagnon is my Inventory mod.

Gpaper - ImageShack® - Error

Gpaper shows a graph overlay on the screen to assist with keeping things symetrical while in confiug mode.

MoveAnything

I use it to hide/alter a number of things.

SharedMedia

I use the Texture Steel for everything from this media pack, along with S017036D.TTF for most text, though I had to import the text file seperately.

List of addons with links

Pitbull4 - PitBull Unit Frames 4.0 - WoW AddOns - WowAce.com

Dominos - Dominos : Action Bar Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

Macaroon - Macaroon! : Action Bar Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

xDamageFont - xDamageFont : Graphic UI Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

MikScrollingBattleText - MikScrollingBattleText : Combat Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

Aloft - Aloft (Beta) : Beta-version AddOns : WoWInterface AddOns

AloftCastWarning - AloftCastWarning (Beta) : Beta-version AddOns : WoWInterface AddOns

OmniCC - OmniCC : Casting Bars and Cooldowns : WoWInterface AddOns

Capping - Capping : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds : WoWInterface AddOns

Cartographer - Cartographer - Addons - Curse

LoseControl - LoseControl : Buff/Debuff/Spell Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

Proximo - Proximo : Combat Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

Afflicted - Afflicted3 : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds : WoWInterface AddOns

Cctracker - CC Tracker : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds : WoWInterface AddOns

Drtracker - DR Tracker : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds : WoWInterface AddOns

pMinimap - pMinimap : Map Mods, coords/compasses : WoWInterface AddOns

pStats - pStats : Data Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

Minimap Button Frame - Minimap Button Frame : Graphic UI Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

Gladius - Gladius : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds : WoWInterface AddOns

Gnosis Cast Bars - Gnosis Castbars : Casting Bars and Cooldowns : WoWInterface AddOns

YawningCombat - YawningCombat : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds : WoWInterface AddOns

PhanxChat - PhanxChat : Chat Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

Prat - Prat 3.0 : Chat Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

WIM - WIM (WoW Instant Messenger) : Chat Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

RangeDisplay - RangeDisplay : Combat Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

TipTac - TipTac : ToolTip : WoWInterface AddOns

Bagnon - Bagnon : Bags, Bank, Inventory Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

Gpaper - GraphPaper : Graphic UI Mods : WoWInterface AddOns

MoveAnything - MoveAnything : Miscellaneous : WoWInterface AddOns

SharedMedia - Grizzly Shared Media : Miscellaneous : WoWInterface AddOns

Sanitarium said:
brumble almost never visits TI.com..