Bracket Managers and New Promotions

Myrm

Legend
Bracket managers: I'm very unfamiliar with any bracket except 19s, and I almost never visit the other sections of the site. My goal with the bracket managers is to find reliable people who are active and respected within their bracket, so that I have people to educate me and keep me well informed about their communities. The different brackets form distinct and fairly separate communities, and I don't want to alienate any of these communities. I want to make sure that I'm making the right changes for each community to foster growth and the competitive spirit that's common to all of our brackets. As an example, yesterday I had someone from the f2p section ask me to unban the word "pure", but I know nothing about why it was banned, how the majority of the community feels about it, or how significant it is to people within the community.

As I'm familiar with the 19s bracket I was able to make the choice myself, but for the other active brackets I want to leave it partially up to the community. Over the next few days we'll be accepting nominations and creating polls, and I'd like to talk to some of the candidates. The candidates should be reliable and respectable people that you as a community can trust to represent your interests, not necessarily the most popular. The 19s bracket manager is going to be Cipe.

Admin Promotions:
Superstylin has been promoted to admin. He's been a positive contributor to the website, a respectable member of the community, and a competent moderator. His experience with managing a website will hopefully be able to offset some of my inexperience. In the coming weeks I might be adding another admin.

MVP promotions: Hunnybuns19 has done a lot for the community, and he's been very helpful to me personally. We've had disagreements in the past and I regret the way things happened. I'm reinstating his MVP not only as a recognition of the contributions he's made to the community and the injustice of its removal, but as a personal thank you and apology for the way things went.

Saxxon: Winner of the top 19 twink poll, the host of a popular community stream, the man who popularized the /twinks chat on Bleeding Hollow, and an overall helpful and positive force within the community, saxx is truly a twink role model.

Myrm: the staff was going to wait until after the Twink Cup to give me MVP, but after I bought the website they awarded me the title early.

TI Legend:
This is a title that will be reserved for true legends in the community, and it's no doubt that Sneaky was one, but you shouldn't have to die to be elevated to this status. As a community it's important that we celebrate life as well as honor the dead, else we run the risk of becoming some sort of eldritch death cult.

Pizza has been the most iconic name in twinking since WoTLK at least, he's inspired the creation of countless guilds just to dethrone him, people from guilds that don't exist anymore cling to the memory of the time they managed to beat him in a premade. At times he's been a polarizing figure, but as well as being a consistent dominant force in the bracket he's also grown a lot as a person. Pizza has been at the forefront of promoting community events and creating resources to help new and existing players find their way in the community.

The final boss of the 19 bracket, Pizza is the only living twink that I think qualifies for TI Legend.

Last edited by a moderator:
These promotions across the board are well deserved, a personal cheers for the reinstatement on my end! Looking forward to the progression of the site/community under the reign of [MENTION=5141]Myrm[/MENTION].

Edit: Couldn't agree more with your breakdown of the TI Legend rank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thank you Myrm completely unexpected!

Hello Myrm, and Woah! I really think you would make a fine Administrator, better than Shane at some point. Because we can already see you being more active.

Congratulations everyone for those new TI ranks!

OT : So, i see you are having trouble with understanding why the word pure should be banned. I have been playing 20s since Cataclysm, and been a part of TI community for 2-3 years. I log on TI on a daily basis.
---
There has been a giant discussion on the 20s bracket, which led to many thread locks and some people getting banned. It all began when the "Veteran Edition" accounts were firstly introduced.

People were mostly playing Starter Edition, un-enchanted. And they would name SE accounts, a pure f2p account. And, there was so much hate going on against lv 29s/20s that use enchants. So moderators were asked to change the brackets name from "F2P twining" To Level Twenty Twinking. And if you see the word pure, know that it may offend Veteran accounts / 29s at some point. Making them feel"un-pure" even tho, that is their choice to play or not with enchants or level up past 20 etc. And they shouldn't feel un-pure for such thing. Because its how they actually feel they want to play and we shouldn't be the "Oh no, you rolled such OP thing, you are a noob etc" guy.

There is something quite unique about level twenty twinking. Its that it includes 3 types of accounts, Starter Editions, Veteran Editions (20s using enchants) And 29s. And it lets you chose which one fits you the most. I personally play with Starter Edition restrictions, even though my account is upgraded. Because i feel like that is where the most challenge comes from, and where i find the funniest/coolest thing to do. When i win an impossible to win game against lots of lv 29s and vets, as the "Lowest" level, showing skill not damage, dude i get so freaking happy... i don't know if you understand me, but that's how i feel like. But i didn't mean to disrespect any Vets or 29s. If its your choice, then go for it, i'm not going to be a wall that stops you from doing so.

I hope this cleared the confusion about the 20 bracket, [MENTION=5141]Myrm[/MENTION].

Have a nice day.

Users who are viewing this thread