• 40-49

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • 70-79

Votes: 44 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knewbie

I D G A F F
In effort to pop BG queues, the community was asked to pick up to 3 top choices for a new mid-level bracket in which to focus our efforts. According to this poll, the two most popular brackets (40-49 and 70-79) tied in votes at 38: https://xpoff.com/threads/lets-cons...-some-queues-to-pop.84064/page-4#post-1153564

Now, because of the tie, and because we previously picked a range of options instead of a definite choice, the time has come to cast a final vote for where you would like us to end up. Please continue to make your cases for each option, as voting will be left open for changes until the poll closes. I know some will be disappointed that their preferred bracket pre-8.1.5 is not chosen...I know my favorite is not a finalist (69s, baby!), but I hope you all feel like being a part of this process makes the transition sting a little less.

This poll will close in 3 days (Sunday night), to give those who may not check the forums constantly a chance to see it and spread the word. May the best bracket win!
[doublepost=1553257358,1553203648][/doublepost]There were 174 votes tallied in the previous poll, and up to 3 votes were possible, so somewhere between 58 and 174 players weighed-in.

As of this now, there are a total of 17 votes between the two bracket finalists, and the front-runner is ahead by only 3 votes; Keep ‘em coming!

In effort to pop BG queues, the community was asked to pick up to 3 top choices for a new mid-level bracket in which to focus our efforts. According to this poll, the two most popular brackets (40-49 and 70-79) tied in votes at 38: https://xpoff.com/threads/lets-cons...-some-queues-to-pop.84064/page-4#post-1153564

Now, because of the tie, and because we previously picked a range of options instead of a definite choice, the time has come to cast a final vote for where you would like us to end up. Please continue to make your cases for each option, as voting will be left open for changes until the poll closes. I know some will be disappointed that their preferred bracket pre-8.1.5 is not chosen...I know my favorite is not a finalist (69s, baby!), but I hope you all feel like being a part of this process makes the transition sting a little less.

This poll will close in 3 days (Sunday night), to give those who may not check the forums constantly a chance to see it and spread the word. May the best bracket win!
[doublepost=1553257358,1553203648][/doublepost]There were 174 votes tallied in the previous poll, and up to 3 votes were possible, so somewhere between 58 and 174 players weighed-in.

As of this now, there are a total of 17 votes between the two bracket finalists, and the front-runner is ahead by only 3 votes; Keep ‘em coming!
If you play us I’d like to offer you the chance if you choose 70 to create a toon or transfer to bleeding hollow to offer you gems/enchants and the materials we can muster to help you.

I'd love a reason to delve back into the 70s scene.

However, I just dont see it being too realistic as far as long term goes.
I believe we have the numbers to organize wargames (even without rerolls), but people want alts: and I think we all can agree that leveling to 70 multiple times is rather tedious compared to 49. (I have twelve 70 twinks, so personally, this isnt an issue for me)

I just feel that if there is going to be a "safe haven" bracket, it should be something easily accessible to the majority of players.

I honestly feel that if people were to delve into anything higher than 49 half of the population would simply make dks. For 59 you’re there out of the starting zone and for 70 you’re there in a couple of hours. I don’t have anything against the bracket but as @jwl has been arguing, it’s a lot more tedious to get many alts up to 70 in comparison to 49. Not many players enjoy playing only 1 character.

Amazing and pleasing that 49’s got the support it did during the first round of voting. Organization wise we having been lacking a bit. We were able to pull together enough for some 3’s last weekend, but were hoping for Wargames.

If I wouldn’t be working away from home right now I’d be in a better spot to try and help organize some games. I know others in the bracket are busy with IRL stuff as well. Organization can be done, but will take time and help with the effort. Maybe with an influx of new blood to the bracket this would be very possible.

Also agree that the lower bracket would just be better to gear multiple toons and just to get the ball rolling with activity. It seems to me we might have enough interest to maybe support both brackets. 70’s have their dedicated following and ability to organize. 49’s has its base and potential for alts, maybe the two brackets could lean on one another. Get some cross over and be active for both sides.

Time to ask the hard questions:

Are people actually going to do this?

Let's say bracket A wins, but you wanted bracket B (or even C or D, but they didn't make it past the preliminary vote). Are you going to make a character to play in bracket A regardless?

I ask because I don't think anyone wants to spend many hours and lots of gold making a toon, only to learn that no one else is actually playing. I'm also just curious to know what people's plans are with regard to this "revival" of sorts.

Time to ask the hard questions:

Are people actually going to do this?

Let's say bracket A wins, but you wanted bracket B (or even C or D, but they didn't make it past the preliminary vote). Are you going to make a character to play in bracket A regardless?

I ask because I don't think anyone wants to spend many hours and lots of gold making a toon, only to learn that no one else is actually playing. I'm also just curious to know what people's plans are with regard to this "revival" of sorts.

I'll be making 3 in whichever bracket gets the majority vote...1 to start, then 2 alts. While I am also concerned with peoples' intentions beyond the poll, another issue will be faction balance. Does anyone know what the numbers are for this bracket currently? What guilds are currently active? Who has community links to share? Are people set on one faction over the other, or are players willing to compromise on preferred racials to get games to pop? I absolutely abhor the idea of playing alliance...even though I first played nelf rogue, after 14 years, I have 0 alliance toons (deleted the one years ago)...I also have a sizable Horde tattoo on my stomach. That said, if the need arises, I will [begrudgingly] take one for the team and make one!

Hey guys.. I think there may be many more players in game than there are people posting and reading threads on XpOFF. just sayin' these "polls" may not accurately represent whats actually happening in game with the brackets. ;)

I'd love a reason to delve back into the 70s scene.

However, I just dont see it being too realistic as far as long term goes.
I believe we have the numbers to organize wargames (even without rerolls), but people want alts: and I think we all can agree that leveling to 70 multiple times is rather tedious compared to 49. (I have twelve 70 twinks, so personally, this isnt an issue for me)

I just feel that if there is going to be a "safe haven" bracket, it should be something easily accessible to the majority of players.
I have a similar sentiment. I've got every class at 70 with most of them in really good gear, but, for someone new, trying to create a single BiS 70 would be a pretty lengthy road, let alone building any alts at all. Playable characters can be made fairly quickly, but the difference between playable and BiS is fairly large at 70.

Will I create a 49 instead? Probably not. I'm more attached to my characters and friends than to the idea of having an active bracket. But for the sake of people who do care more about the activity, I'll vote for 49s.

70s don’t need a revival because there are already plenty of players, and the notion that you should steer from 70 because leveling then takes longer is a bit rediculous. 70 has far more content and personalization than most brackets with a great player base.

Guys, not one person is going to reroll out of the bracket they prefer... Just being real

People will reroll to brackets with activity because their bracket is dead. Most brackets are dead permanently because complete idiots demanded blizzard separate brackets since “we have plenty of players to get pops”. Now 19 only is popping. Fortunately I like 19 but I like variety even better and now we’ve lost that.

If another bracket has enough activity to pop I’d play that too, but if it’s just war games then no because the fact is war games with no activity can’t last too long.

People will reroll to brackets with activity because their bracket is dead. Most brackets are dead permanently because complete idiots demanded blizzard separate brackets since “we have plenty of players to get pops”. Now 19 only is popping. Fortunately I like 19 but I like variety even better and now we’ve lost that.

If another bracket has enough activity to pop I’d play that too, but if it’s just war games then no because the fact is war games with no activity can’t last too long.

For once in my life I'm not trolling. I really don't believe people will leave their own brackets long term... I'd need to see it to believe it.

For once in my life I'm not trolling. I really don't believe people will leave their own brackets long term... I'd need to see it to believe it.

I mean I agree until it’s play the brackets that are active or don’t play.
People are playing the crap out of 19 right now, look at the streams.

I like the idea of 49 best as I've never twinked at that level before. But either way I would go for it and hope it actually works out. If we do pick 70 I'll just level my 69 twink since it'll be pointless to leave him there since I'll be leaving retail and going/checking out Classic once that comes out.

I mean I agree until it’s play the brackets that are active or don’t play.
People are playing the crap out of 19 right now, look at the streams.

I know and I expected as much. But how long before people get tired of the queues and quit altogether or go back to end game?

I'm not gonna be a Debbie downer and I'll join if it works out. GL.

Users who are viewing this thread