US BoE Epic Farming Group?

Zemmix

A.B.C.
In lieu of this thread https://xpoff.com/threads/so-i-bought-this-shield-on-ah-wtf.83325/ , I propose we get together a group to farm ourselves up some BoE epics. This item shows that Vanilla epic BOEs can scale down, most likely all the way down to 1. Many of these would scale beautifully to 20, and at the very least open up a world of excellent transmog. Imagine, Teebus and SFS on your 20.

Now, there is no telling if these perhaps means other old world content BOEs can do similar...such as BC,WoTLK, etc..But that'd be worth looking into, as well.

It'd clearly be easiest to do with one of us (who has such) bringing a main to grind with. However, for a lot of these in Vanilla content..I really don't see that as exactly being a need, as we can most likely take down these mobs with a decently built group.

Thoughts? This seems like just the mindless kind of grinding that can lead me to jumping back onto WoW again. :p

I think this sort of scaling requires multiple characters of various levels tagging a mob to bring it's level down to be lootable by a 20.

IE, I think you'd need a group of a 59, 49, 39, 29 and 20 tagging the mob in that order (I'm not 100% sure of those exact levels) because those epics aren't on the loot tables of mobs we can loot.

Unless something has recently changed, that is. If these were normal scaling world drops, we'd be seeing alot more of them.

I think this sort of scaling requires multiple characters of various levels tagging a mob to bring it's level down to be lootable by a 20.

IE, I think you'd need a group of a 59, 49, 39, 29 and 20 tagging the mob in that order (I'm not 100% sure of those exact levels) because those epics aren't on the loot tables of mobs we can loot.

Unless something has recently changed, that is. If these were normal scaling world drops, we'd be seeing alot more of them.
Maybe. But I also don't think in general that many players of significantly lower levels are going around farming BOE epics with pretty bad drop rates. So I dunno? I think it's worth trying.

That being said, I also don't mind multiboxing it to bring them down to level if that's how it works. But that seems like a really weird and totally unintentional mechanic to alter things.

I am down to farm anything 20s

veteran acct player, have all classes @ 20 so can bring whatever you please, can also form the grp if yall are f2p. hmu Cogger#1561 (NA)

Ah, well.

Silly GMs.

Between stuff like this, not knowing what items are in the game, and giving GM items to players (And then banning the players for it)...What will they do next?

Users who are viewing this thread