EU+US Bm monk

i want someone to do some research on BM monk. Saw a 102 monk with 480%+ mastery.
While that seems like an absurd Mastery %, you're only gaining % to Dodge (from a Melee Attack) and AP from it. I mean I could stack Mastery until it came out my ears on a Vengeance DH but it wouldn't really benefit me as much as Versa does. That said, 480% Mastery is nuts, even if it doesn't benefit the Class as much as Versa/Haste/Crit.

Ofc, BM Monk is great for farming, esp at 99 farming BoE's.

@Aussietwink1 I've got to imagine it'll be good (PvE wise) once you've gotten around 820+ iLvL because my Veng DH and Blood DK (813 and 822 iLvL respectively) are not only God mode but do quite decent DPS, for Tank Specs at least.

The percent per rating varies greatly between specs because all the masteries work differently, so 480% probably isn't that outrageous.

my Veng DH and Blood DK (813 and 822 iLvL respectively) are not only God mode but do quite decent DPS, for Tank Specs at least.
How much dps do they both do? From my experience, tanks do about half the dps of a DPS spec at the same ilvl, with Vengance DH being even lower than that.

A Quick look at a few not popular tanks, these aren't exhaustive because some of the interactions betweens abilities take more math then the napkin math I'm doing atm. Most tanks put out good AoE damage, but really fall off in single target dps. That being said, Tanks/Healers get flat DPS along with their normal bonus from each artifact trait. So at trait 20 you would have a flat 15% damage increase, which scales nicely with our inflated numbers to close the gap a bit between DPS classes.

BM Monk:
Noteable Talents/Abilities
Celestial Fortune: Crit chance proc to be healed for 65% of whatever you were just healed. Might work off leech which would be lolsy.
Mastery Elusive Brawler: Each take you are hit, stacking dodge chance = to mastery%. This makes Mastery soft cap 93.75, after which every time you get hit you have 100% dodge chance afterwards. Mastery% also = AP% increase.
Blackout Combo stands out the most from a scaling standpoint. More Breath of Fire, More brews, and 200% more damage on Tiger Palm.

Noteable Artifact Traits
Exploding Keg(Base Trait) Has a 900% AP scaling to it on a 1.25 minute cooldown in an AoE. Should give you a base damage around 200k when all geared at least.
Dragonfire Brew - Breath of Fire goes out twice more doing 63% AP each
Hot Blooded - Increases the periodic Burning effect of Breath of Fire by 25%

Thoughts: Would probably be one of the more gear dependent if Celestial Fortune can proc off leech. I would want to make sure I hit 93% Mastery, and then I'm unsure if stacking Crit or Haste would be more effective, and what the break points would be. Between the brew CD reductions on Keg Smash, and the amount of haste you can get I can see Stagger getting ridiculous. But if Celestial Fortune works with leech, then leech is now 65% more effective if you have 100% crit (while crit still increases your damage).

Prot Paladin:
Noteable Talents/Abilites
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=152261/holy-shield - 75% AP ratio, and lets you block spells
Mastery Scaling = 50% of mastery% as damage reduction during Shield of Righteous, and 100% mastery% towards block chance and attack power

Noteable Artifact Traits
Eye of Tyr (Base trait) = 270% AP AoE. (NOTE: New legendary increases this by 300% AP atm)
Paladin Truths = 72% spell power reflected back during ardent defender. (NOTE: Attack power = Spell power)
Tyr's Enforcer = 33.7% AP in a 5yrd radius of each target hit by Avengers shield

Mastery soft cap = 94% as you can obtain 6% block from a trait eventually. Excess mastery at that point is giving you less back but may still be the best way to go.

Thoughts: Between the reflection damage, and the amount of AoE they can put out. Would definitely be able to mass pull dungeons and burn things down fast. Concesecrate + Tyr's Enforcer/Avenger Shield + Hammer of Righteousness should make for some great burst if mobs are clumped as well. Probably has terrible single target. Haven't theorycrafted that hard yet. With enough haste it might be possible to have Shield of Righteousness up time close to 24/7 which has a pretty high flat damage reduction.

Prot Warrior:

Heavy Repercussions - Lowers haste needed for 100% shieldblock uptime
Mastery Critical Block - Half of Mastery% is block chance, Full mastery % is critical block chance. 2/3rds Mastery% is attack power increase.
Devastator - AA are now your devastate and build rage. With the available haste it helps alot with rage generation as less rage is generate from damage after a point.

Notable Artifact Traits:
Scale of Earth - Critical Blockcs can cause an AoE (225% of AP) and increase armor by 30%. 100% critical block chance is achievable but I'm unsure of the proc rate of this ability.
Reflective Plating - Reflect all spells for the duration (lolsy if you want to duel casters)
Dragon Scales - Blocking an attack has a chance to increase the next ignore pain by 40%

Thoughts - Mastery softcap = 100% then full haste would be the way to go. Battlecry can make up for the moments when you "need" to crit, and by default you will have a chunk of crit anyway just because of BoE stat distribution. You are trading off survivability (comparable to the prot pally) for single target damage. Has just as much AoE as the two above between the Base trait ability AoE, thunderclap, and Scales of Earth. Ignore pain if you can get ahead of the curve on fights though is a crazy amount of mitigation as your health pool goes up.

Druids:
lol-thrash.

A Quick look at a few not popular tanks, these aren't exhaustive because some of the interactions betweens abilities take more math then the napkin math I'm doing atm. Most tanks put out good AoE damage, but really fall off in single target dps. That being said, Tanks/Healers get flat DPS along with their normal bonus from each artifact trait. So at trait 20 you would have a flat 15% damage increase, which scales nicely with our inflated numbers to close the gap a bit between DPS classes.

BM Monk:
Celestial Fortune: Crit chance proc to be healed for 65% of whatever you were just healed. Might work off leech which would be lolsy.
Mastery Elusive Brawler: Each take you are hit, stacking dodge chance = to mastery%. This makes Mastery soft cap 93.75, after which every time you get hit you have 100% dodge chance afterwards. Mastery% also = AP% increase.
Blackout Combo stands out the most from a scaling standpoint. More Breath of Fire, More brews, and 200% more damage on Tiger Palm.

Noteable Artifact Traits
Exploding Keg(Base Trait) Has a 900% AP scaling to it on a 1.25 minute cooldown in an AoE. Should give you a base damage around 200k when all geared at least.
Dragonfire Brew - Breath of Fire goes out twice more doing 63% AP each
Hot Blooded - Increases the periodic Burning effect of Breath of Fire by 25%

Thoughts: Would probably be one of the more gear dependent if Celestial Fortune can proc off leech. I would want to make sure I hit 93% Mastery, and then I'm unsure if stacking Crit or Haste would be more effective, and what the break points would be. Between the brew CD reductions on Keg Smash, and the amount of haste you can get I can see Stagger getting ridiculous. But if Celestial Fortune works with leech, then leech is now 65% more effective if you have 100% crit (while crit still increases your damage).

Prot Paladin:
Noteable Talents/Abilites
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=152261/holy-shield - 75% AP ratio, and lets you block spells
Mastery Scaling = 50% of mastery% as damage reduction during Shield of Righteous, and 100% mastery% towards block chance and attack power

Noteable Artifact Traits
Eye of Tyr (Base trait) = 270% AP AoE. (NOTE: New legendary increases this by 300% AP atm)
Paladin Truths = 72% spell power reflected back during ardent defender. (NOTE: Attack power = Spell power)
Tyr's Enforcer = 33.7% AP in a 5yrd radius of each target hit by Avengers shield

Mastery soft cap = 94% as you can obtain 6% block from a trait eventually. Excess mastery at that point is giving you less back but may still be the best way to go.

Thoughts: Between the reflection damage, and the amount of AoE they can put out. Would definitely be able to mass pull dungeons and burn things down fast. Concesecrate + Tyr's Enforcer/Avenger Shield + Hammer of Righteousness should make for some great burst if mobs are clumped as well. Probably has terrible single target. Haven't theorycrafted that hard yet. With enough haste it might be possible to have Shield of Righteousness up time close to 24/7 which has a pretty high flat damage reduction.

Prot Warrior:

Heavy Repercussions - Lowers haste needed for 100% shieldblock uptime
Mastery Critical Block - Half of Mastery% is block chance, Full mastery % is critical block chance. 2/3rds Mastery% is attack power increase.
Devastator - AA are now your devastate and build rage. With the available haste it helps alot with rage generation as less rage is generate from damage after a point.

Notable Artifact Traits:
Scale of Earth - Critical Blockcs can cause an AoE (225% of AP) and increase armor by 30%. 100% critical block chance is achievable but I'm unsure of the proc rate of this ability.
Reflective Plating - Reflect all spells for the duration (lolsy if you want to duel casters)
Dragon Scales - Blocking an attack has a chance to increase the next ignore pain by 40%

Thoughts - Mastery softcap = 100% then full haste would be the way to go. Battlecry can make up for the moments when you "need" to crit, and by default you will have a chunk of crit anyway just because of BoE stat distribution. You are trading off survivability (comparable to the prot pally) for single target damage. Has just as much AoE as the two above between the Base trait ability AoE, thunderclap, and Scales of Earth. Ignore pain if you can get ahead of the curve on fights though is a crazy amount of mitigation as your health pool goes up.

Druids:
lol-thrash.
Guardian druids are trash? Hmm... I guess I'll have to delete mine with 4.25m hp and 27k attack power.. not that it matters since it's trash, my 500k+ burst

How much dps do they both do? From my experience, tanks do about half the dps of a DPS spec at the same ilvl, with Vengance DH being even lower than that.
Both of mine are doing ~200K ST with my Veng DH doing a little bit more DPS in AOE than my DK. When I said decent DPS I wasn't comparing them to Enh Shaman or BM Hunter, lol.

I am playing a BM Monk on 101 for quite a while now... I have 19 traits 840 Ilvl and 1 leechitem, which isnt needed at all. I can run through instances, pull everything from boss to boss and can decently aoe burst the groups down with 800k+ burst... usually i do around 400k average.

As it was mentioned on top tanks or at least brewmasters hardly lack sinlge target dmg, which makes bossfighting the thorn in the eye... however it is well compensated by the high sustain, a ton of aoe spells/dmg and a very mentionable mobility ...
using the legendary boots, tartar, some tertiary ms items and the bonus speed from the AP specc "swift as a coursing river" I usually get above 200% movementspeed ... in additon you have the roll thingy which also is a nice gapcloser.

being a flying monk, bursting through the weaker parts of dungeons is a lot of fun :D and it is not like it takes years to fight bosses... it is just very slow compared to dmg classes... (~30-40 seconds compared to possible 5-10 seconds)

i can only recommend if you are uncertain about which class to choose :D
greetZ the don

T
I am playing a BM Monk on 101 for quite a while now... I have 19 traits 840 Ilvl and 1 leechitem, which isnt needed at all. I can run through instances, pull everything from boss to boss and can decently aoe burst the groups down with 800k+ burst... usually i do around 400k average.

As it was mentioned on top tanks or at least brewmasters hardly lack sinlge target dmg, which makes bossfighting the thorn in the eye... however it is well compensated by the high sustain, a ton of aoe spells/dmg and a very mentionable mobility ...
using the legendary boots, tartar, some tertiary ms items and the bonus speed from the AP specc "swift as a coursing river" I usually get above 200% movementspeed ... in additon you have the roll thingy which also is a nice gapcloser.

being a flying monk, bursting through the weaker parts of dungeons is a lot of fun :D and it is not like it takes years to fight bosses... it is just very slow compared to dmg classes... (~30-40 seconds compared to possible 5-10 seconds)

i can only recommend if you are uncertain about which class to choose :D
greetZ the don
thanks for the reply mate! Hmm maybe it is worth it after all haha

Users who are viewing this thread