EU+US Blood or Frost DK for PvE? Tips?

SkeletonDog666

Grandfathered
I have a DK at level 100 from last expansion, so I figured I would turn him into a level 101 twink. I was curious whether blood or frost was preferred for PvE? Also, any advice on weapon traits/stats/talents? I just found out that 101s are a thing today so I have a lot to learn!

Thanks for the info! I've decided to go blood. Any advice as far as weapon traits, stats to look for on gear, and talents go?

Aelobin has blood down pretty well, check out his DK.

You can still go frost off-spec with Acherus vendor weapons, M HFC weps (which can proc titanforged for even higher ilvl), or Tremendous Tankards. Even without the artifact weapon you can farm as frost pretty efficiently if you go frostscythe spec.

Thanks for the info! I've decided to go blood. Any advice as far as weapon traits, stats to look for on gear, and talents go?
Gear/Stats
You only get a choice of stats on accessories, gems and enchants. I went for versatility because the boost to healing/mitigation is definitely worth the very minor DPS loss compared to crit. I'd go with haste for your second ring to make the rotation more flexible/fun, unless you already have 40-50% from using cloth shoulders. Rune of the Fallen Crusader on weapon and Mark of the Trained Soldier on neck, both for DPS. Eyasu's Mulligan is good for burst but any fight that lasts longer than 1 min you're better off using Chipped Soul Prism.

Talents
- Tier 1: Blooddrinker for single target, Heartbreaker for cleave/AoE
- Tier 2: Rapid Decomposition by default for dps, Spectral Deflection when you need to survive huge hits (500k+)
- Tier 3: Ossuary by default for dps, Anti-Magic Barrier when you need more survival
- Tier 4: Red Thirst
- Tier 5: March of the Damned
- Tier 6: Foul Bulwark by default, Rune Tap if you need another survival cooldown for spike damage, Will of the Necropolis if you need more passive survival (where you can't spare runes for Rune Tap)
- Tier 7: Blood Mirror by default for dps, Bonestorm might be a nice AoE dps cooldown but I've barely used it

Artifact Traits
From a soloing perspective: You're basically invincible as Blood outside of some extreme situations (which a lot of the time can be solved by just killing the boss quicker), so put most your traits into damage increases to help with enrage timers.

tdzs01n.gif

Users who are viewing this thread