Blizzard's new system to silencing players...

oh noes, let's all lose our minds

All these report systems regarding "toxic" members in games are faulty at their core, we have a /ignore system already in wow, we only need something like this for spam advertisement but it would still need to be more advanced than a simple mass report( spamfilters etc).

Shit like this piss me off massively as instead of focusing on improving the game they implement some faulty f ucking crybaby system where mass reporting is the name of the game and u can basicly control anyones chance to communicate. The rules are so vast covering that you could also get banned/silenced "legit" per the TOS due to it covering everything under the sun, when in reality some idiot just made a terrible play and u call him a f ucking idiot rightly so.

Stuff like this should be for offenders who whisper spams a certain individual for an extended time, making new chars just to continue abuse, to prevent harrasment, and should be under gamemaster review.

There is already a mature language filter ingame that is turned on by default when you start out, like f u ck off with this silencing bullshit.

But then again focus is purely on making the game as casual as possible and when blizzard implements something like this they can get an article spot in some claim to be PC magazine with praise of "dealing with trolls" when they system is utter shit and abuseable.

I've already been silenced for barking my goods in Trade chat. It only took 15 minutes or so for competitors and/or random trolls to abuse the feature.

Rather upsetting, honestly.

What Asmongold did is PROVE that Blizzard lied about how the new Silence Policy works, THAT is the point of this Thread. It's a stupid policy that is obviously being and going to be abused even worse as time goes on.

What Asmongold did is PROVE that Blizzard lied about how the new Silence Policy works, THAT is the point of this Thread. It's a stupid policy that is obviously being and going to be abused even worse as time goes on.
I thought that was extremely obvious, but apparently not.

it's been said, it only takes one back stabbing two timing rodent to ruin the fun of other millions of lives.

when the major problem is out and about is exploited the wrong people could abuse it and take over due to the whole "surveil of the fittest" most of us live by but, only use the build aspect rather than the take aspect. assassin's creed pirate quote anyone?

but on a side note: kind of a bit surprised a bit that the heads of this site doesn't enforce most of the rules on us atm.

Lmao if this was WoD I would be silenced forever, good that this is legion and I don't give a shit anymore what these lvlers do in my team

Users who are viewing this thread