Blizzard making walljumps bannable?

Milificent

Grandfathered
So recently I was just pugging on my 19 Druid, you know cappin them flags, and while running for 3rd cap I was being chased by melee so you know, decided to just do a casual walljump (one from bottom of tunnel up to top)
(50 seconds in) yeah that one, didn't even get the cap, got the 3rd cap after dying on that cap, decided to go take a 5-10 minute break, after I come back my account has been suspended until January 2018, the email I received was this - http://prntscr.com/fvx6on - "explotation of game mechanics" and upon contacting Blizzard they claim it was "third party program usage" yet nothing that could even be deemed as that is installed on my PC. Just a warning for everyone, be careful if doing walljumps as it seems Blizzard might be banning them now? Not sure if it was just me or not.

make an appeal, the gm or who ever banned you obviously has a problem with his chromosomes

make an appeal, the gm or who ever banned you obviously has a problem with his chromosomes
I have, upon making a ban appeal they decided to now make a "third party program" claim but refuse to escalate it because they know they're in the fucking wrong but are autistic and can't unban me

So recently I was just pugging on my 19 Druid, you know cappin them flags, and while running for 3rd cap I was being chased by melee so you know, decided to just do a casual walljump (one from bottom of tunnel up to top)
(50 seconds in) yeah that one, didn't even get the cap, got the 3rd cap after dying on that cap, decided to go take a 5-10 minute break, after I come back my account has been suspended until January 2018, the email I received was this - http://prntscr.com/fvx6on - "explotation of game mechanics" and upon contacting Blizzard they claim it was "third party program usage" yet nothing that could even be deemed as that is installed on my PC. Just a warning for everyone, be careful if doing walljumps as it seems Blizzard might be banning them now? Not sure if it was just me or not.
IMO, you should deserve that ban just for having anything related to that Fake Swine "Devm".

Third party program to make wall jumps easier? Aka you push one button, but in game it u will push W and space at the same time?

They usually go with proof when they say third party program usage. The warden (their built in spyware) access your RAM and scans through it to look for those third party programs. Clever programs knows how to hide from Warden (it's not that hard to go around actually), and some will have built in tripwires. Whenever they make third party program claims, it's usually because they found something. They usually don't disclose what though (and there could be multiple reasons to why), unless it's something as obvious as "automated gameplay" aka botting.

I've been walljumping throughout Legion entirely, and before that too, and haven't received a single warning/ban. It's not that Blizzard are oblivious to these jumps at all. Some jumps have been fixed (yes there are still a lot of glitchy jumps, but nonetheless). Some of the current glitchy jumps however may still get you in trouble, such as jumping off the map etc.

But yeah, if they make third party program claims, it's usually because they have found something. The way to avoid this is to have equipment that lets you macro in a sequence. Most gaming keyboards have macro buttons these days. That will never trigger a third a party program ban. Simply because they don't make accusations like that without evidence. It's a hard evidence case, there is no in between. Either a third party program was discovered, or it wasn't.

The only bans I've seen being revoked are those situations that are up for discussion. I.e cases where it's more down to the interpretation of the ToS, where some cases gets written off as "clever use of game mechanics", or there's a loop hole for what ever ToS section that was used to rationalize the ban.

TBH, there is no such thing as "Legal Walljumps" in the respect that it's not an intended Game mechanic. Granted it's not like Blizz has bothered to fix much of the problems that have existed in WoW since literally Vanilla so I can't really fault a Player for utilizing such broken mechanics but it still doesn't make it copacetic under the ToS and thus no amount of reasoning on your part will change the outcome.

If you DID actually use a 3rd party Software then byby, you deserve the Ban. If you didn't and it's an issue of odd timing like a momentary lag spike caused by who knows what with your ISP that resembles what happens when a 3rd part Software is used then you should be able to get it back after Blizz uses a real person to investigate.

TBH, there is no such thing as "Legal Walljumps" in the respect that it's not an intended Game mechanic. Granted it's not like Blizz has bothered to fix much of the problems that have existed in WoW since literally Vanilla so I can't really fault a Player for utilizing such broken mechanics but it still doesn't make it copacetic under the ToS and thus no amount of reasoning on your part will change the outcome.

If you DID actually use a 3rd party Software then byby, you deserve the Ban. If you didn't and it's an issue of odd timing like a momentary lag spike caused by who knows what with your ISP that resembles what happens when a 3rd part Software is used then you should be able to get it back after Blizz uses a real person to investigate.

The thing is, after multiple requests, they're REFUSING to have a real person look at it.

The thing is, after multiple requests, they're REFUSING to have a real person look at it.
If you are truly innocent, then keep at it and eventually you will get someone to look into it. Once a real person checks on the logs they will be able to tell definitively whether you cheated, or not.

Users who are viewing this thread