EU+US blizz is scaling not templating in BGs

i had a leveler give me some #'s on his disco, shows blizzard template PVP system is not equalizing players to a X9 level in BGs, anything in a slot can add 2-3+%, he had no high i-level items.

disco priest
level 10, BOAs, white boots equipped, three empty slots glove, belt, waist
Crit 51%
Haste 42%
Versatility 39%

level 10, fill remaining 3 slots with simple gear
C 61
H 50
V 47

level 11
C 42
H 33
V 31

level 12
C 32
H 25
V 28

level 13
C 27
H 20
V 19

level 14
C 24
H 17
V 16

got no number past this cause when he popped to 15, he did like 2 dungeons went up 3 levels, and logged

pretty sure the #'s decline massively further from 15 to 19, i doubt the high i-level items make up for this

There's no level scaling in battlegrounds. That drop in percentage is the exact same thing that stats will do (and always have done) outside of BGs.

The templates are flat stat values that are consistent through the bracket. If a 10 and a 19 both get 35 haste (or whatever the exact number is), the 10 will get a much higher haste percentage. Secondary stat scaling is the main reason that 10 twinks became a thing.

The item level scaling has been largely figured out, there are a few posts around about it. The most important thing is not leaving any slots empty.

There's no level scaling in battlegrounds. That drop in percentage is the exact same thing that stats will do (and always have done) outside of BGs.

The templates are flat stat values that are consistent through the bracket. If a 10 and a 19 both get 35 haste (or whatever the exact number is), the 10 will get a much higher haste percentage. Secondary stat scaling is the main reason that 10 twinks became a thing.

The item level scaling has been largely figured out, there are a few posts around about it. The most important thing is not leaving any slots empty.
If you don't like lvl 10s scaling then play a different bracket simple as that

If you don't like lvl 10s scaling then play a different bracket simple as that

Yep, I think I going to do just that. It has gotten pretty bad at how many people have rerolled. But it is to be expected considering the majority of WoW's player base. They tend to go the way of water. It it is tough to even get across mid because there are so many level 10 discs.
The choices are to either go to another bracket or roll a FotM. And while it is tempting to do so, it really is not my style. So that leaves me with going to another bracket for a bit. See you guys on the flip side! Discs will eventually get fixed just as the one shot Shockadins did.

Level 10 twinks have always had substantially higher secondary stats.

WoD controlled that very poorly by making 10s unplayable against 19s with their scaling system.

Given that this secondary stat disadvantage is well, a disadvantage to 19s, you guys do have additional abilities that should make up for that. Although, the numbers do have a very large gap.

For once I am super happy playing my 10 in Bgs (which I havent been able to do since Cata), and I really hope it stays this way.

Level 10 twinks have always had substantially higher secondary stats.

WoD controlled that very poorly by making 10s unplayable against 19s with their scaling system.

Given that this secondary stat disadvantage is well, a disadvantage to 19s, you guys do have additional abilities that should make up for that. Although, the numbers do have a very large gap.

For once I am super happy playing my 10 in Bgs (which I havent been able to do since Cata), and I really hope it stays this way.
I'm actually for Blizz reinstating Level Scaling so that all Characters in every Bracket are x9's (even though that means x0's go back to being at a disadvantage, maybe). It's really the only way to fix the current shenanigans with a billion Level 10 Disc Priests running around every BG. In order for the Stat Scaling to be fixed, without scaling Levels to x9, Blizz would have to entirely overhaul ALL Levels and unfortunately 10's would STILL have the highest scaling, just less so, and every other Level would be hurt in the process, further screwing up 110 (End Game).

The other option is even worse, to just slap all Level 10's with a massive Dmg/Healing/Dmg reduction nerf but unfortunately Blizz is too stupid to figure out how to do this ONLY in iPvP and it would make 1 single Level of all 110 (come Legion) completely gimped everywhere. Thus the real way to fix it is to reinstate Level Scaling to x9 the moment you enter a BG. That almost completely fixes the broken 10's right now while allowing 19's to once again feel like they matter ;)

Users who are viewing this thread