Grant

Grandfathered
I did Black Temple on my 79 twink, and actually ended up pretty lucky with 3 pieces of loot whereas 2 of them had a socket. This got me thinking a bit, did anyone else do Black Temple on your twinks? Did anyone get any warforged/titanforged? I know that from the dungeons the warforged did'nt make a difference to the stats on the item, but the BT loot might have differed?

(I know 79 twinks are not very popular here, but I dont really care. Sure I PvP on mine, but honestly it is mostly to get PvE gear with mastery. I prefer maxlvl/19 alot more)
Anyway, looking forward to hear a bit about anyone elses loot experience in Black Temple. Post here or in PM. :)

Edit: Also, the Black Bow of The Betrayer that I got, is quite strong with the 142-142 dmg. No more RNG! Quite cool.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like titanforged drops would surpass the Cata blues in ilvl. I'm sure there's better gear for pve from BT though.What I really wanna know is if timewarped warglaives drop or if it's just the Xmog item that drops from Illidan....

Doesn't look like titanforged drops would surpass the Cata blues in ilvl. I'm sure there's better gear for pve from BT though.What I really wanna know is if timewarped warglaives drop or if it's just the Xmog item that drops from Illidan....

They definetly would not, but the weapon I looted gave more DPS than the 308 weapon. Mainly for the socket ofc, but also for the static 142 damage.

Warglaves does not show up in the timewalking Dungeon Journal, so I doubt it! :)

I did Black Temple on my 79 twink, and actually ended up pretty lucky with 3 pieces of loot whereas 2 of them had a socket. This got me thinking a bit, did anyone else do Black Temple on your twinks? Did anyone get any warforged/titanforged? I know that from the dungeons the warforged did'nt make a difference to the stats on the item, but the BT loot might have differed?

(I know 79 twinks are not very popular here, but I dont really care. Sure I PvP on mine, but honestly it is mostly to get PvE gear with mastery. I prefer maxlvl/19 alot more)
Anyway, looking forward to hear a bit about anyone elses loot experience in Black Temple. Post here or in PM. :)

Edit: Also, the Black Bow of The Betrayer that I got, is quite strong with the 142-142 dmg. No more RNG! Quite cool.
Definately nothing from there is bis. Stick to your cata dungeons.

What pieces are thought to be bis and how will blackberry prove that they aren't? Find out on the next episode of clarifying vague and worthless comments.....

nope. you are in fact wrong
Wow, really dude?

Alright, let's see here then!
  1. With my current gear Amber Messenger makes Aimed Shot do 7702dmg and Marked Shot 10.043 whereas the Black Bow of the Betrayer (with socket ofc, since they can have that) makes Aimed Shot do 7864 and Marked Shot 10.254.
  2. With Black Bow still equipped the Gronnstalker's Boots makes Aimed Shot do 7774 and Marked Shot 10.136, where as Softstep Boots of Tracking makes Aimed Shot do 7864 and Marked Shot 10.254. Both with socket ofc.
  3. Stormrage Signet Ring (with socket) would Easily outdamage the Nautilus Ring. Even with a loss of 6 Agility the 21 Mastery probably covers a loss of 15ish Agility. (Hard to give exact math due to it always changing depending on current agility/versatility/mastery rating)
  4. Shadowmoon Destroyer's Drape would be an upgrade even without socket. PLUS IT CAN GET A SOCKET!

I'm not even gonna continue. Why am I wasting my time on this rediculous comment? I think you get the point.

EDIT: Keep in mind that the links to the timewalking gear are not accurate as they shows scaled for lvl71 and not 79.

Last edited:
Wow, really dude?

Alright, let's see here then!
  1. With my current gear Amber Messenger makes Aimed Shot do 7702dmg and Marked Shot 10.043 whereas the Black Bow of the Betrayer (with socket ofc, since they can have that) makes Aimed Shot do 7864 and Marked Shot 10.254.
  2. With Black Bow still equipped the Gronnstalker's Boots makes Aimed Shot do 7774 and Marked Shot 10.136, where as Softstep Boots of Tracking makes Aimed Shot do 7864 and Marked Shot 10.254. Both with socket ofc.
  3. Stormrage Signet Ring (with socket) would Easily outdamage the Nautilus Ring. Even with a loss of 6 Agility the 21 Mastery probably covers a loss of 15ish Agility. (Hard to give exact math due to it always changing depending on current agility/versatility/mastery rating)
  4. Shadowmoon Destroyer's Cape would be an upgrade even without socket. PLUS IT CAN GET A SOCKET!

I'm not even gonna continue. Why am I wasting my time on this rediculous comment? I think you get the point.
no sir, none of the timewalking gear would be better in any way even with a gem socket. you are naming numbers that i have no idea where you got them from or what you did them on. you have nothing to back up your claim but i have guides upon guides to link you with what would be bis.

no sir, none of the timewalking gear would be better in any way even with a gem socket. you are naming numbers that i have no idea where you got them from or what you did them on. you have nothing to back up your claim but i have guides upon guides to link you with what would be bis.

Mate, I'm comparing ingame on my character Headmistress. I can't me more clear. This is very offtopic though.
If you don't have any lootexperience to share from your run with a 71-79 you can go bother someone else. :)

No no, cata dungeons are 308 item level. 79 timewalking is barely 200 I lvl. And with a gem socket? Go level engineering to have 2 in your helmet. Open world has no ilvl req to everything so 70 gear would still be bis with max socket and Ilvl 283-308 would be bis for pvp. No misunderstanding. In fact my understanding is miles ahead of the op

No no, cata dungeons are 308 item level. 79 timewalking is barely 200 I lvl. And with a gem socket? Go level engineering to have 2 in your helmet. Open world has no ilvl req to everything so 70 gear would still be bis with max socket and Ilvl 283-308 would be bis for pvp. No misunderstanding. In fact my understanding is miles ahead of the op

Haha, what? Openworld is all about stats, not ilvl. As you said yourself, there are no ilvl requirements.
And the stats of these items are better. Somr not even with socket included. And each socket is 10 agility. Alot of these items also has Mastery, wich is the 2nd stat you should prioritate.
I got max engineering and JC already. The engineer helmet and one of the JC trinket will ofcourse still be BiS. Just look at the armory I linked.

I never said Ilvl mattered. By pvp I meant sinstamced pvp which you said you did in the op. And 2-3 sockets vs 1 regardless of the mastery is better. Since you can still enchant mastery
This whole thread is about non-instanced PvP and PvE gear.

For instanced PvP no, but for duels and doing the timewalking itself there are definetly BiS items. ;)

That was the first thing I answered you and is exactly what you've been arguing against this whole time. :) You even answered with "nope. you are in fact wrong"
As i also mentioned, every 1 agility is about as much damage for me as 1.3-1.5 mastery. So sockets are not always better, even though it is most of the time. Like on chest and legs.
Yeah, sorry must have logged out in PvP gear today. I will fix that tonight. :)
EDIT: Fixed now. Check again!

-------

What is the BT lvl79 timewalking gear Ilvl
Does'nt really matter since it's not high enough for PvP. I think its 167 but will check tonight and edit :)
EDIT: It's 183. Not sure what it gets when warforged since I did'nt get any.

Last edited:
This whole thread is about non-instanced PvP and PvE gear.

That was the first thing I answered you and is exactly what you've been arguing against this whole time. :) You even answered with "nope. you are in fact wrong"
As i also mentioned, every 1 agility is about as much damage for me as 1.3-1.5 mastery. So sockets are not always better, even though it is most of the time. Like on chest and legs.
Yeah, sorry must have logged out in PvP gear today. I will fix that tonight. :)
EDIT: Fixed now. Check again!

-------

Does'nt really matter since it's not high enough for PvP. I think its 167 but will check tonight and edit :)
EDIT: It's 183. Not sure what it gets when warforged since I did'nt get any.
You still can't reach enough mastery through your few little pieces to make up for the loss of sockets in 70 gear. There are also 3 socket legs from a heroic dungeon "escape from durnholde" with mastery on them. And not even to mention that again. You can teach more agility through 2 and 3 socket pieces then you can to make up for mastery. I would argue now that I know mastery is what your after, that maybe a pair of boots with mastery plus a socket could give you more of your desired secondary stat. This method of gearing would also more than likely take years. I'll do the math on those pieces tonight and show the math on why the most agility sockets and mastery chants would be better

Users who are viewing this thread