EU+US BIS Rogue weapons

Phishing

Grandfathered
Hi guys, obviously i know BIS for 29 rogues is scaled Blackvenom Blade, because the agility on them is just insane, but failing that (as they are near impossible to acquire) it seems that most people are using 2x scaled Darkwater Talwar. Personally, i use 1x warforged ilvl 35 Eredar Splitter and 1x Hillborne axe of the Quickblade (3 crit 4 versa).

I attempted to do the maths on the Darkwater Talwar, but the numbers from peoples tests (on wowhead comments) are very varied, as to how often the chance on hit actually procs. The numbers that i used seemed to increase the overall dps of the Talwar to around 5.0 (the same as that of the Eredar Splitter), but obviously without the additional stats that it provides.

This would suggest that the weapons i'm currently using would actually likely be more beneficial than the Talwar (with the Hillborne axe being slightly lower in dps but with far greater stats), but as i say, the numbers that i used didn't appear accurate as to how often the Talwar procs.

If anyone has any data or information on this, it would be great. Obviously all of these items are probably relatively similar in terms of damage output, but still want to be using the best gear i have available to me.

I use Talwar x2 because of the proc on F2P and not having Ele Force.

I would test the DPS output in comparison, but the stats you gain from the GF'd Eredar at that ilevel should outweigh it since you still have Ele force.

Darkwater Talwar has 1.69 RPPM from my simcraft addon if that helps.

Generally I think Titanforged invasion axe mainhand and BvB offhand is going to be BiS. Your moves scale from the mainhand weapon damage, so getting that as high as possible is ideal. BG crate 1h weapon is also higher than normal weapon damage, so thats another good option mainhand. Scaled shadowfang (due to agility) and tulwar (due to proc) are also good options.

The proc'd shadowbolt can also proc ele force, which is worth noting.

Pretty sure the way RPPM works out, its a wash. You might get your first proc slightly sooner, but that lowers your chances for later procs. So the only real situation where it comes into play is where your time on target is so short that you might not get an ele force proc - so say a scenario where you're rooted and an enemy runs by and you get maybe a mainhand auto, offhand auto, and sinister strike off. In then scenario if ele force didn't proc on any of those 3, the tulwar proc would be another event that could proc it.

Hey,

I always use +5 damage sharpening tones.

I’ve been messing around with a Vibroblade I purchased. It is a 25% damage increase, and in the mainhand it nearly always procs.

The procs last 30 seconds and also applies to other characters. What that means for me is whenever it procs onto someone, even a 2700 HP disc priest, they are gaurenteed death.

I also have BvB, darkwater and whatnot.

I switch it up all the time, but Vibroblade is sick. Sometimes I then switch to a hillborne axe and black venom after to just have 25% on my normal weapons haha

When I’m feeling boring, I’ll put on a versatility set I just made.
Got 24% versatility, 2.240 hp(unbuffed), 18% crit and 206 AP(with 11 agi flask)
Then I use vibroblade mh, so the fact I’m super tanky for a rogue and have vibroblade, make almost every fight against players I can’t blow up, have a vibroblade proc, which then ends it really quick.

I mean like ya, you could use darkwaters to feel like a mediocre warlock, or you could use a vibroblade and condemn any 29 Twink to death with a proc that has no internal cooldown and last 30 seconds.

I have a darkwater talwar set with the 25 level MH and 29 one in OH, with 237 agility no flask. Like I’ve achieved the max AP shadowbolts, but nothing is more fun than seeing that vibroblade proc go off on someone.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the way RPPM works out, its a wash. You might get your first proc slightly sooner, but that lowers your chances for later procs. So the only real situation where it comes into play is where your time on target is so short that you might not get an ele force proc - so say a scenario where you're rooted and an enemy runs by and you get maybe a mainhand auto, offhand auto, and sinister strike off. In then scenario if ele force didn't proc on any of those 3, the tulwar proc would be another event that could proc it.

Pretty sure the shadow bolt proc counts as a spell as well, so it benefits from both main-hand and off-hand ele force RPPM.
That's a decent factor to account for when you won't be in situations where you have 100% up-time all of the time. Another valuable aspect to take in account is that since the shadow bolt proc is a spell, it completely ignores armor, which is valuable as well. It's a decent off-hand to run.

Hey,

I always use +5 damage sharpening tones.

I’ve been messing around with a Vibroblade I purchased. It is a 25% damage increase, and in the mainhand it nearly always procs.

The procs last 30 seconds and also applies to other characters. What that means for me is whenever it procs onto someone, even a 2700 HP disc priest, they are gaurenteed death.

I also have BvB, darkwater and whatnot.

I switch it up all the time, but Vibroblade is sick. Sometimes I then switch to a hillborne axe and black venom after to just have 25% on my normal weapons haha

When I’m feeling boring, I’ll put on a versatility set I just made.
Got 24% versatility, 2.240 hp(unbuffed), 18% crit and 206 AP(with 11 agi flask)
Then I use vibroblade mh, so the fact I’m super tanky for a rogue and have vibroblade, make almost every fight against players I can’t blow up, have a vibroblade proc, which then ends it really quick.

I mean like ya, you could use darkwaters to feel like a mediocre warlock, or you could use a vibroblade and condemn any 29 Twink to death with a proc that has no internal cooldown and last 30 seconds.

I have a darkwater talwar set with the 25 level MH and 29 one in OH, with 237 agility no flask. Like I’ve achieved the max AP shadowbolts, but nothing is more fun than seeing that vibroblade proc go off on someone.

Super interesting, i'm surprised an armor debuff makes that much of a difference, particularly against cloth wearers such as priests like you say.

If i'm able to get my hands on one i'll definitely try this out, it will likely be with a weapon switch though as the Vibroblade has no stats at all. Farming one of these will likely be my top priority once i have a BvB for my OH.

If you are not just trying to kill ungeared scrubs in a pug (they just stack agility)... Vibro Blade main hand is BiS. I really don't think there is any argument against it anymore that makes sense other than they are super-d-duper expensive and people make up excuses/denial why they don't own one. Its a 25% more damage to the target from you and any other melee. It just decimates any non paladin healer. Quite frankly I would just run 2 of them if you can afford it. The debuff is just too good. They do not stack, but you have the chance to just have it applied on more targets.

I run an enhancement shaman with double VibroBlades... sure you lose some overall damage, but as far as being the best asset to your entire team... done... you are. And I think the same would apply to a Rogue, you are not playing rogue for top dps or kills.. so do what they do best... stop the other team from winning.

Now the only good argument versus Vibroblades is that they generally are in any good PVP servers AH for 1mil. But you might get lucky.

Blackvenom Blade, Darkwater Talwar, Eredar Splitter, Hillborne Axe are all about 90% BiS... you wont notice much of a difference if you do or don't have them compared to a random level 31 green weapon... But you will 100% notice when Vibroblades just tear somebodies face off... and that is the power of having great items.

Last edited:
I personally prefer a talwar offhand over my lvl 21 bvb. The difference in damage is minimal and the shadowbolt can proc from pistol shot. I still need to play with vibroblade mh but I've just been using weps with higher topend.

If you are not just trying to kill ungeared scrubs in a pug (they just stack agility)... Vibro Blade main hand is BiS. I really don't think there is any argument against it anymore that makes sense other than they are super-d-duper expensive and people make up excuses/denial why they don't own one. Its a 25% more damage to the target from you and any other melee. It just decimates any non paladin healer. Quite frankly I would just run 2 of them if you can afford it. The debuff is just too good. They do not stack, but you have the chance to just have it applied on more targets.

I run an enhancement shaman with double VibroBlades... sure you lose some overall damage, but as far as being the best asset to your entire team... done... you are. And I think the same would apply to a Rogue, you are not playing rogue for top dps or kills.. so do what they do best... stop the other team from winning.

Now the only good argument versus Vibroblades is that they generally are in any good PVP servers AH for 1mil. But you might get lucky.

Blackvenom Blade, Darkwater Talwar, Eredar Splitter, Hillborne Axe are all about 90% BiS... you wont notice much of a difference if you do or don't have them compared to a random level 31 green weapon... But you will 100% notice when Vibroblades just tear somebodies face off... and that is the power of having great items.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't realise Vibroblade was so rare and expensive. Do you know how long it takes to farm one from Gnomeregan?

Thanks for the heads up, didn't realise Vibroblade was so rare and expensive. Do you know how long it takes to farm one from Gnomeregan?

The drop rate = impossible? I've run Gnomer about 1000000000 times and never saw one drop to any member of any party. Also I do not know if there is a higher level that 29s can use than item level 29. Gnomer is one of those areas in WoW that does not follow any standard drop rate like other zones do.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Alphaflight

I don't play it that much, because enhancement is just bad, but I can say that with out any doubt what-so-ever, the vibroblades at least give you a reason to even que as an enhancement shaman.

Start farming today for an scaled Vibroblade
only blue that drops was the back but it only scale from 23 up to 25 on my 29 char..

Last edited:
Remember wowhead is not always right, since it shows you any blue can be scaled to anylevel... that is often incorrect... and most blues have specific level drops only... 24 29 etc, there might not be a 25 26 27 in game at all. As already confirmed with the Combatant Claymore for Warriors... there are not 60 versions like wow head says, there are like 8 only that drop in game.

Reactions: ov3
Remember wowhead is not always right, since it shows you any blue can be scaled to anylevel... that is often incorrect... and most blues have specific level drops only... 24 29 etc, there might not be a 25 26 27 in game at all. As already confirmed with the Combatant Claymore for Warriors... there are not 60 versions like wow head says, there are like 8 only that drop in game.

While you're right in that wowhead scaling doesn't include actual bounds of the items in game, combatant claymore is not listed like that. If you hover over the "Scales with ilvl" - you'll see several listings of "Scales with ilvl". And no matter what you do with the slider, they don't actually scale the stats. This is wowhead's way of showing the different possible drops. So you can see several ilvl possibilities - 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, etc. They have required levels of ilvl - 8. So that ilvl 25 requires level 17. The ilvl 30 requires 22. The ilvl 35 requires 27. This follows the same pattern for all blue world drops. Now, the floor may be wrong just like the other scaling type, so there may be no way to get the ilvl 15 to drop in game. But wowhead is correct in the drops.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=2877/combatant-claymore

If you only see one "Scales with ilvl" and the slider bar pops up and actually works, then it will scale to the level of the person who it drops for. This happens for zone specific (vibroblade in gnomer, shadowfang drops in SFK only) and mob specific (talon of vultros only drops from vultros, gloves of the fang only drop from druids of the fang) items. And is sometimes limited by the zone scaling like you mentioned.

Mhhh interesting thread... for ftp or 20 veterans the darkwater should be the way....
just an offtopic question about rogues: wich stat should I aim for? agi>vers>...?

Users who are viewing this thread