Bis professions

Kathil

Veteran
This is probably obvious, but bis professions are engineering and inscription. Inscription takes you from a lvl 60 shoulder enchant to the Inscription only, substantially better than sons of hodir game bis shoulder enchant.

This is probably obvious, but bis professions are engineering and inscription. Inscription takes you from a lvl 60 shoulder enchant to the Inscription only, substantially better than sons of hodir game bis shoulder enchant.
How do you figure this? The shoulder enchant may be strong but it doesn’t make it bis at all. JC offers far more strength in diversity and offers a small increase in even flat ap and even more in sp if that’s the way you go.

For example: I believe the figure for ap with zg enchant vs pure ap from dragons eyes is 4 in favor of jc but -15 crit but a lack of diversity, and naxx enchant is -1 crit and break even ap but a lack in diversity.

And this is just jc

Last edited:
Engineering goes without saying. It's engy/inscription.

Blackberry, go ahead and figure out how much extra AP JC gives you and then figure out how much extra AP inscription gives you at level 69. I'll wait.

Engineering goes without saying. It's engy/inscription.

Blackberry, go ahead and figure out how much extra AP JC gives you and then figure out how much extra AP inscription gives you at level 69. I'll wait.
I did, it's in the message. But ap isn't everything, having access to maxing out other stats etc makes it loads better

You didn't list it correctly. Inscription shoulder enchant gives you +90 AP and 15 crit over ZG shoulder enchant. JC gives +84 AP. So inscription is 6 AP and 15 crit ahead of JC for 69s.

reading comprehension's still hard i see

You didn't list it correctly. Inscription shoulder enchant gives you +90 AP and 15 crit over ZG shoulder enchant. JC gives +84 AP. So inscription is 6 AP and 15 crit ahead of JC for 69s.
I’ll give you that, I miss remembered the stats on the enchant. But it doesn’t change the validity of my statement even with 10 more ap added to the equation

Yeah, I mean if you value stam, haste, or something like that over raw ap and crit, JC is still nice. And some of the JC trinkets are good, though I haven't specifically looked for either JC trinkets or inscription offhands for the 60-69 bracket. I never said JC was bad; I only said engy/inscription was bis.

JC, duh.
not every1s a fucking ap or sp enjoyer, y'know. the answer depends on the class/spec.

i/we said, repeatedly that not every1's using the stats provided by inscription (ap/sp), and you're literally shit outta luck if you're not using/preferring those. jc allows you to customise the stats you'd want to use from your profession to your liking.

it's a hard concept, evidently. not every1 can grasp that one.

I don't think it's obvious at all because there are pros to each professions. Jc gives you options, LW gives you drums of speed, tailoring gives you nets and a cloak enchant with the best burst potential (at the cost of losing engi cloak enchant), alchemy gives you free flasks and 40% potion trinket, herbalism gives you an extra healing ability.

A very minor passive bonus on inscription does not mean BiS. People can pick what they want. I personally think that tailoring (for dps) and JC will be the preferred choices.

For 69 twinks you will want engineering for sure, since the 340 haste glove enchant is OP. As well as access to nice trinkets and other enchants. For your second profession it all depends what you play. If your a rogue, hunter, etc, you will want LW for massive bracer enchant as well as better leg enchant. If your a caster you will probably want herbalism for the 450 skill HOT, since your a bit more squishy. But if your not so squishy might want to pick tailoring for better burst with cloak enchant.

60 twinks will also want engineering for access to at least one 45 stam trinket, rocket boots, and nigh belt. Possibly eng helm depending. For your second profession I highly recommend most 60s go 450 herbing. Gathering professions can be maxed at 60 unlike crafting profs. And the 450 skill hot from herbing would be huge for a 60. These are just my opinions.

you can drop lw after you apply the leg enchant, so there's that
keeping lw is fairly stupid
id say your secondary prof should be either insc, jc or tailor basically, everything else is just flat out inferior.

JC, duh.
not every1s a fucking ap or sp enjoyer, y'know. the answer depends on the class/spec.

As time goes on, with the introduction of epic gems, JC isn’t at quite the advantage it is at the beginning of the xpac. However, JC is a very strong choice.

In all actuality, bonus stats work out about the same, at least at end game. Professions is is something that Blizzard got right believe it not.

It’s just a matter of what works out best for lowbies.

I am using engineering and tailoring for my caster. It already has access to shoulder enchants.

Here’s a little chart that shows the profession bonuses with the differences in green.

upload_2022-9-12_8-55-9.png

I’ll make a specific post with all the professions bonuses.

As a caster you'll want tailoring anyways because it allows you do net DKs in antimagic shell and rogues in cloak of shadows, which is worth sharing CD with grenade. Not that I'd recommend playing a caster. Or this bracket ;d

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread