BiS Gear Lists?

Lmaoscrubs

Grandfathered
Hi, just recently got back into F2P's and wondering if anyone has made BiS Lists yet? Been looking at the loot tables, and everything seems nuts from BC dungeons, but people are talking about Legion questlines? Help lmao

I would not worry about it, if you missed all the grandfathered gear, you won't be able to compete, regardless of who tells you what.

Its just a main Stat + Mastery shit show right now, and vets have access to 40-50+ gear with double the stats of item level 25blues or item level 28greens. Even if you do all the Legion quest lines and get the 2-3 i50 items, you will still be a joke.

You will be a joke in any BG, period.

I would just go play something else for 2 years or wait for blizzard to wake up and make all blues item level 25 and highest level greens item level 28. If they don't, you will just be worthless.

You have no lifers farming garrison missions for item level 40 blues, etc. and honestly using loop holes to get azerite gear. This will be the most uneventful xpac in a long time, as most twinks will lose heart at not being able to even come close to competing with the pure no lifers. At least in BFA you could easily be 85% as good with minimal effort... now you will be 50% just based on math (and that is NOT AN EXAGGERATION).

Everybody was super hyped for it, but the gear imbalance clearly shows that this IS the worst HAVE AND HAVE NOT xpac of all time.

You are welcome to just join and be worthless, have at it. I would just play a healing class so you can just heal people who have the broken gear.

Honestly I would just wait for 2 months and see what happens.

Last edited:
I would not worry about it, if you missed all the grandfathered gear, you won't be able to compete, regardless of who tells you what.

the only thing anyone has missed is the grandfathered relics. Everything else, from wod rare 44s to the Legion quest 50s, to hoa and azerite shoulders/helm still exists.

you’ll be fine. but now is the time to get them, rather than throwing a pity party and missing out on even more GFd gear

Its just a main Stat + Mastery shit show right now, and vets have access to 40-50+ gear with double the stats of item level 25blues or item level 28greens. Even if you do all the Legion quest lines and get the 2-3 i50 items, you will still be a joke.

You will be a joke in any BG, period.

I would just go play something else for 2 years or wait for blizzard to wake up and make all blues item level 25 and highest level greens item level 28. If they don't, you will just be worthless.

You have no lifers farming garrison missions for item level 40 blues, etc. and honestly using loop holes to get azerite gear. This will be the most uneventful xpac in a long time, as most twinks will lose heart at not being able to even come close to competing with the pure no lifers. At least in BFA you could easily be 85% as good with minimal effort... now you will be 50% just based on math (and that is NOT AN EXAGGERATION).

Everybody was super hyped for it, but the gear imbalance clearly shows that this IS the worst HAVE AND HAVE NOT xpac of all time.

You are welcome to just join and be worthless, have at it. I would just play a healing class so you can just heal people who have the broken gear.

Honestly I would just wait for 2 months and see what happens.

Sounds like someone missed out on relics lol.

Like chops said, literally everything else is still obtainable - and ilvl 44 WOD rares exist which are very close to the power of relics, atleast for casters.

I do agree tho, if they streamline gear and nerf it the way it's supposed to be, the bracket will be fun.

as to the point of this post - it's basically impossible to keep a BIS list up to date, cus half the stuff hasn't been figured out yet and nerfs are very likely to roll in randomly up to the release of SL(and probably after too).

"I do agree tho, if they streamline gear and nerf it the way it's supposed to be, the bracket will be fun."

This is the only statement of relevance here so far.

As I said, if they make all blues i25 and all max greens stay at i28... and special blues from where ever also i28, then you have a bracket worth playing.

Anybody that thinks the bracket will fun with ilevel i40-i50 twinks running around is just an idiot... just dumb... and I get it, the twink community is not exactly bringing in the best and the brightest, just people with time in abundance.

I forget the name of that two hander from a while back that Ret's used to just 1 shot everybody before Blizzard took it away... that is mathematically where we are at right now. Doing math is hard i get it.

Was that fun for anybody... no... even if you talk to the few people that still used if for world PvP, they got tired of it, because even the most die hard jackass gets tired of imbalance.

I did stop gearing after the first thing became grandfathered, because if they don't fix that shit, the bracket is dead, but we are not there quite yet, so still worth posting.

Last edited:
Same. 0 interest in playing a vet unless relics are fixed.

Coming from an xpak with the most balanced gearing that so many twinks pussied out of cause of queue split, and seeing them back into twinking just because you can get level 35-50 items on a twink is kinda funny too

I hear you , but I'm pretty sure most if not all of it will be nerfed. Best just enjoy the new zones and chill gear up as best you can .

The game in itself is the biggest and deepest the f2p has ever been . Granted I have done zero PvP yet .

Have fun

I hear you , but I'm pretty sure most if not all of it will be nerfed. Best just enjoy the new zones and chill gear up as best you can .

The game in itself is the biggest and deepest the f2p has ever been . Granted I have done zero PvP yet .

Have fun

That is true, but the real appeal when all the hype started was that the xpac was going to be wide open as far as customization went, you could make your character with vers/crit/mastery however you wanted and still be pretty good. That is 100% gone now. Sure there is always BiS, but you still had the chance to do whatever and be 90% close to BiS.

I was super hyped at the start, I was gonna go get the versatility +22 pieces like the Arm's master locket, the Gnomer Ring, the Breast plate from scarlet halls, you could also do a full haste set, you could do a full Crit set, or even Mastery now... that is all just 100% trash now and you have 1... ONE... way to build your character. Not fun.

If you are F2P or you missed out on the grandfathered items (and really if you are even GFed with the good relics and the helmets), you are honestly only questing for a hand full of items that have the best main stats and secondaries "that you have to live with". That is ZERO customization. The weapons don't even matter, because even the shitty non-GF relics are BiS.

I would imagine that the vets will burn out much quicker in this xpac than in BFA, due to its just pure glass cannon all around, that never works out because 1 class will be exponentially better than the others... BFA did not have that really, sure hunters/druids are always broken, but its not like now.

If they go item level 25 blue and item level 28 green, all of that customization comes back, you could stack mastery/versatility/whatever you want, and have tons of different play styles. That is fun, not glass cannon.

Mastery and Relics are just going to make the games terrible, most of these vets posting have not gotten 2 shot yet, so it all looks like candy land right now. Similar to how every gangster acts hard until they go to prison and get in the shower.

Last edited:
Watching this forum go from “twinks are about getting the best gear you can and if you put in the work, you should reap the reward” to “i didnt put in the work and now im grouchy that i didnt get the reward” is hilarious.

the good news is, 20s competitive play hasnt really been a thing for years now, its all pug stomping. And thats probably the way itll stay. So swinging an ilvl 44 weapon from a WOD rare wont be terribly different than swinging an ilvl 49 artifact.

y’all need to calm down.

Watching this forum go from “twinks are about getting the best gear you can and if you put in the work, you should reap the reward” to “i didnt put in the work and now im grouchy that i didnt get the reward” is hilarious.

the good news is, 20s competitive play hasnt really been a thing for years now, its all pug stomping. And thats probably the way itll stay. So swinging an ilvl 44 weapon from a WOD rare wont be terribly different than swinging an ilvl 49 artifact.

y’all need to calm down.

You have made the same assumption many times, people who are putting in the work couldn't possibly want to see it a different way. That is just you trying to negate anything being said and undermine any valid points with a one note song. Don't do that.

Discussion is discussion, if these forums were only about getting BiS, you could just send out a daily newsletter and have no forum.

the only thing anyone has missed is the grandfathered relics. Everything else, from wod rare 44s to the Legion quest 50s, to hoa and azerite shoulders/helm still exists.

you’ll be fine. but now is the time to get them, rather than throwing a pity party and missing out on even more GFd gear

Yup. As a level 29 my artifact is (non+GFd)... iLvl 40. Yeah I lose ~5 damage an AA but I made up for it by going superior striking lul

You have made the same assumption many times, people who are putting in the work couldn't possibly want to see it a different way. That is just you trying to negate anything being said and undermine any valid points with a one note song. Don't do that.

Discussion is discussion, if these forums were only about getting BiS, you could just send out a daily newsletter and have no forum.

The classes are in the best state they've ever been for level 20. The gear is pretty boring as there's not a huge variety.

However, when has there ever been a huge variety? BIS has always been BIS.
Now you can choose from a large variety of trinkets which are situationally dependent.
The gear that is available and considered 'bis' is strong and can provide a toon with fun levels of stats typically only seen at the very end of expansions.

The only thing GF'd is legion weapons and they're only 5 ilvls above anyway... not a huge diff

weird that the maths legends in this thread havent worked out the tbc gem gear from dungeons have the same primary stats when gemmed as the 'broken' gear with 1/3rd of the stamina so thats even more imbalanced than the ilvl 44+ gear

if this gear gets nerfed it'll be worse for the bracket trust me

Then that would just be another thing to fix, after you fix the big problem? Think before you speak? Blzzard obviously already saw that gem gear was an issue, didn't they?

tbc gear wont be fixed you clown it's working as intended, think before you speak

are you lost in the brain? it's working as intended because it scales like it should

Users who are viewing this thread