EU+US BiS gear for cloth 19 newbs

Anonymous

lvl 19 twink Cloth BiS for newbs in current patch. For discussion, debate, feedback, criticism, and development.

Head – Green Tinted Goggles (Engineering): ilvl 30

Neck – Problem Solving Pendant (AH or 100g Griftah in Shatt): ilvl 80

Shoulder – Dungeon drops / Satchel of helpful goods: ilvl 25

Back – Dungeon drops: ilvl 25

Chest – BG crate random blue: ilvl 27 or Dungeon drops: ilvl 25

Shirt – Any. Not sure this contributes to ilvl

Tabard – Any. Not sure this contributes to ilvl

Wrist – BG crate random blue: ilvl 27 or Dungeon drops / Satchel of helpful goods: ilvl 25

Gloves – Dungeon drops / Satchel of helpful goods: ilvl 25

Waist – Dungeon drops / Satchel of helpful goods: ilvl 25

Legs – BG crate random blue: ilvl 27 or Dungeon drops: ilvl 25

Feet – BG crate random blue: ilvl 27 or Dungeon drops: ilvl 25

Ring – The Rock (100g, BC city Jewelcrafting supply vendors): ilvl 60

Ring – The Rock (100g, BC city Jewelcrafting supply vendors): ilvl 60

Trinket – Minor Recombobulator (Engineering): ilvl 28

Trinket – Minor Recombobulator (Engineering): ilvl 28

Weapon Main – BG crate random blue: ilvl 27 or Wand (Dungeon drop in Deadmines or Deadmines quest): ilvl 25. Rumor is wands scale better? So ilvl 25 wand is better than vs. ilvl 27 mace, maybe?

Weapon Off – Sratholme Lily (AH or high-level alt run into Culling of Stratholme instance for ~8g): ilvl 70

Enchants – Black Magic on the Main is all I know that procs in BG’s.

Your thread title starts with “BIS” but you do not include the fishing hat or fishing trinkets in your BIS list. Although the items you listed are much easier to obtain, they are not BIS. If the goal of your item list is to create a near BIS clothie in a day, i would note that the BG crate blues can take a long time to obtain. I would suggest filling all gear slots with item level 25 dungeon blues, and then do BGs to find upgrades from the crates.

To answer your questions that are listed throughout:

1. Shirts and tabards do not contribute to item level, and can just as well be left empty or filled with whichever tabard/shirt one prefers.

2. Wands are still weighted strangely, and provide an extremely large stat bonus for equipping one. I dont know exactly about item level, but there are green quality item level 21 wands that can be obtained (if you are having poor luck with DM wand drop) and should be equipped in place of any other options. Item level 21 wands provide a much better stat increase than an item level 27 staff, for instance.
Also: Black magic can still proc, so throw this enchant on your wand.

It may sound obvious, but this is just for instanced pvp.

The quick start gearing guide in my sig is back up to date for 19 gearing.

As others have said, the STV fishing contest provides the LFH (40) and fishing trinkets (65) which are BiS.

Shirt/tabard do not count.

Wands are worth a ~5-6% increase in stats - probably due to counting as a 2H in the template. Using any wand (+offhand) is better than any staff or other 1h option. Deadmines has an ilvl 25 wand that drops, as well as one from the quest if you haven't done it already. Theres a rare spawn in WC that also drops one.

You're also missing the white ilvl 35 legs. I believe Tuxedo Pants and Haliscan are both ilvl 35 still.

Note that of those, the wand is a really big increase (6%) while getting your ilvl up might only be a few tenths of a percent.

Last edited:
Your thread title starts with “BIS” but you do not include the fishing hat or fishing trinkets in your BIS list.

Thanks for your feedback! i was under the impression that with the new zone scaling, the STV quest for turning in the rare fish and the one for the competition were unavailable to lvl 19's. Maybe I got the wrong impression?

What's the deal now with Faerie Mantle? Current quest says IL19 reward, rather than the popular IL32 everybody has. Has Blizzard scaled it down, or is there a trick to getting it higher?

[QUOTE="m the quest if you haven't done it already. Theres a rare spawn in WC that also drops one.

You're also missing the white ilvl 35 legs. I believe Tuxedo Pants and Haliscan are both ilvl 35 still. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out the pants. Completely missed this.

What's the deal now with Faerie Mantle? Current quest says IL19 reward, rather than the popular IL32 everybody has. Has Blizzard scaled it down, or is there a trick to getting it higher?

I believe these were ilvl 32 before the zone scaling kicked in. So, those that got them pre-patch have the ilvl 32 version. Newb rollers as in current patch will only get the lower ilvl version.

If only my old posts didn't get hijacked by the new site, all previous rumors and questions would've been answered ._. cba to make it all again >.<

I just went to the "new site" and copied my threads from there. Little bit of formatting and boom - back in business.

I just went to the "new site" and copied my threads from there. Little bit of formatting and boom - back in business.

I did that too, but I only managed to get 2 posts and then insta banned xd

I cba going through the hassle of making a new account, using VPN, get the content bit by bit etc.

Hopefully they just get sued. Maybe the database will be handed over as well in the process so we get our old content back. Who knows.

I did that too, but I only managed to get 2 posts and then insta banned xd

I cba going through the hassle of making a new account, using VPN, get the content bit by bit etc.

Hopefully they just get sued. Maybe the database will be handed over as well in the process so we get our old content back. Who knows.

Alas, it also looks like they've wiped the content now. Oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread