Biggest iPvP nuke classes at 110?

Warglave

Veteran
Looking for some big crits for kicks, nothing more. Hate balance druid, so that's out...

Whats a good class/spec/ability for BGs to pop some hefty bombs? MM hunter? Arcane mage?

Looking for some big crits for kicks, nothing more. Hate balance druid, so that's out...

Whats a good class/spec/ability for BGs to pop some hefty bombs? MM hunter? Arcane mage?

Arcane mage shows no remorse. Either your spam healing and LOSing, or dieing.

I swapped some azerite traits on my BM hunter over to MM... ok I guess. Not big enough.

Everything seems so neutered in BGs. Meh.

edit- I know its like 50% or whatever... just seems like much more.

ret paly every 45 seconds or so. shield of vengeance absorbs dmg then reflects it back diveded among targets. i usually let them charge me up, then aoe mezz the group,pop wings, hope an azerite trait has proc’d and position to get as many as i can with wake of ashes. 25k for the wake of ashes crits, the reflected dmg from SoV and by then i should have 3 holy power which i spend on divine storm usually 10k if the crit from wings is still active. spam flash heal on self if needed but usually everything around me is dead. its also how i do expeditions. sometimes the horde pvp npcs are harder to gather up in a group than actual players.

It all depends on what you’re trying to do:
Spriest and affli lock are great if you wanna keep pressure on multiple targets. Spriest has more hard-hitting single target abilities, while affli lock has more dots. Between these two, I personally enjoy spriest a bit more.
Arcane mage has fantastic single target damage, probably better than any other class (although I recently learned rogue (unsure of which spec) is also very insane in 1v1s).
Balance druid is pretty OP, but I know you don’t want that.
Ret pallies also do very well in both single target and AOE, and have great self-heals.
My personal favorite is UH DK due to the INSANE burst dps, both single target and AOE, if talented right. Death strike and death pact are both pretty damn good self heals as well.
MM hunters aimed shot hits very hard if you have the trait for it x3.
Honestly, there are a few good burst classes. I think my favorites are UH DK, Spriest, and arcane mage (in that order). Although, spriest is not the best at 1v1ing other twinks. Definitely great for topping the damage charts and hurting the hell out of the enemy team though.

depends if u want a burst out of nowhere or allowing urself to stack up stuff for example if u run triple drain life trait and u get 100 stacks..my lock hits 20k drains and he isnt even good geared.

depends if u want a burst out of nowhere or allowing urself to stack up stuff for example if u run triple drain life trait and u get 100 stacks..my lock hits 20k drains and he isnt even good geared.
This is one thing I like about lock. The triple drain life trait is pretty crazy.. if you get to 100 stacks, you can melt anyone (including a 120) in under 5 seconds. And even when you’re at 20-30 stacks with 3x trait, you’ll melt anyone that isn’t a twink.
Also, have you considered or tried the other great affli lock burst? If you stack the agony trait x3 and have death bolt for a talent, you can hit death bolts up to 50k in PvP and over 100k in PvE. That’s only a 30 second CD compared to the 3-4 minutes it often takes to get 100 stacks of drain life.

ret paly every 45 seconds or so. shield of vengeance absorbs dmg then reflects it back diveded among targets. i usually let them charge me up, then aoe mezz the group,pop wings, hope an azerite trait has proc’d and position to get as many as i can with wake of ashes. 25k for the wake of ashes crits, the reflected dmg from SoV and by then i should have 3 holy power which i spend on divine storm usually 10k if the crit from wings is still active. spam flash heal on self if needed but usually everything around me is dead. its also how i do expeditions. sometimes the horde pvp npcs are harder to gather up in a group than actual players.

I play ret and usually I am not afraid to charge a group and mow down. Yesterday in a BG had a ret global me within a stun which surprised the crap out of me. Not sure what they did to burn 50k hps down within 5 sec, but pretty sure some big ass crits were in there as I haven't been taken out within a stun.

Traits on Azerite determine a hell of a lot and even though they are 50% in BGs they still add up. I have a 6k shield up in BGS (normally 12k) and so really that ret did 50K + 6k of my shield within 5 secs. Think about that on non-twinks with 20-30k hps...

They are pretty crazy powerful for burst imo. Also fun as hell to play.

This is one thing I like about lock. The triple drain life trait is pretty crazy.. if you get to 100 stacks, you can melt anyone (including a 120) in under 5 seconds. And even when you’re at 20-30 stacks with 3x trait, you’ll melt anyone that isn’t a twink.
Also, have you considered or tried the other great affli lock burst? If you stack the agony trait x3 and have death bolt for a talent, you can hit death bolts up to 50k in PvP and over 100k in PvE. That’s only a 30 second CD compared to the 3-4 minutes it often takes to get 100 stacks of drain life.
the 3x intellect one? if so ye i have thought about getting that trait aswell but havent done the dungs/rares on him for the traits yet. also if u spread dots like crazy ur prolly gonna have it up a shitload which is like what 800-900 int with triple traits?

the 3x intellect one? if so ye i have thought about getting that trait aswell but havent done the dungs/rares on him for the traits yet. also if u spread dots like crazy ur prolly gonna have it up a shitload which is like what 800-900 int with triple traits?
No, the one that increases agony damage and raises the starting stacks to 4. Death bolt is increased based on how many dots you have on the target, and their remaining duration. If you pop agony (with 3x trait), corruption, 5x unstable affliction, and that one talent dot that heals you, then pop your deathwalker (or whatever that shit is called that increases duration of your dots), then Death bolt, you will hit them for well over 50k.
Without that trait, and by doing exactly as I described, I hit 60k+ in PvE and 20-35k in PvP.
Imagine doing that every 30 seconds (except without the death minion it will hit for a little less because dots won’t have as long of a duration, but still very op).

Last edited:
No, the one that increases agony damage and raises the starting stacks to 4. Death bolt is increased based on how many dots you have on the target, and their remaining duration. If you pop agony (with 3x trait), corruption, 5x unstable affliction, and that one talent dot that heals you, then pop your deathwalker (or whatever that shit is called that increases duration of your dots), then Death bolt, you will hit them for well over 50k.
Without that trait, and by doing exactly as I described, I hit 60k+ in PvE and 20-35k in PvP.
Imagine doing that every 30 seconds (except without the death minion it will hit for a little less because dots won’t have as long of a duration, but still very op).
works only vs twinks tho since non twinks will be dead before u get ur 5 ua's up. also theres a few combos warlocks can do to do insane burst or just overall dmg, reason why i like playing lock so much. u got drain life, then the 1 ur talking about, the int proc agony i said earlier, triple mastery trait for destro

Users who are viewing this thread