Diibzee

Veteran
Just one questions really,

I pretty much know the difference between 80 vs 89 in this bracket when it comes to stats and such. With that being said which one will probably be easier to gear..? Also if anyone knows if 80 or 89 provides better crit mastery gear or 89 will.

Appreciate any input surrounding the topic!

Just one questions really,

I pretty much know the difference between 80 vs 89 in this bracket when it comes to stats and such. With that being said which one will probably be easier to gear..? Also if anyone knows if 80 or 89 provides better crit mastery gear or 89 will.

Appreciate any input surrounding the topic!

89 Will be much better simply due to the fact that 80 gear does not have mastery on it. However 80 will be easier to gear.

All that being said, assuming you're going to use the whitemend/spellfire sets. A lot of the gear from 80-89 is the same. You'll only be missing out on a few items like trinkets and some armor. Now, if you're not going to use those sets, 89 is much better than 80 due to the fact stated above.

89 Will be much better simply due to the fact that 80 gear does not have mastery on it. However 80 will be easier to gear.

All that being said, assuming you're going to use the whitemend/spellfire sets. A lot of the gear from 80-89 is the same. You'll only be missing out on a few items like trinkets and some armor. Now, if you're not going to use those sets, 89 is much better than 80 due to the fact stated above.

Are whitemend/spellfire consider BiS for a Deso lock at that level? Or is there better BiS gear just from getting more secondary stat based gear?

Sorry completely new to casters and this level bracket in general, appreciate the info

They are still considered "BiS" but it depends on what you like. These two sets will in fact cause you to hit the highest numbers possible. However, being 70 items with little to no stam, using them on an 85/89 comes at a cost of about 3-4k health which makes you a much easier target. So, depends on how hard you plan on getting trained. (I like dmg so I'd use them)
[doublepost=1560321774,1560321618][/doublepost]https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/dawnbringer/special

Here is an armory link to a nearly best in slot destro lock using the two sets. If he was using burst trinkets I'm sure he could chaos bolt me for about 9k. Which, in essence is a one shot

They are still considered "BiS" but it depends on what you like. These two sets will in fact cause you to hit the highest numbers possible. However, being 70 items with little to no stam, using them on an 85/89 comes at a cost of about 3-4k health which makes you a much easier target. So, depends on how hard you plan on getting trained. (I like dmg so I'd use them)
[doublepost=1560321774,1560321618][/doublepost]https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/dawnbringer/special

Here is an armory link to a nearly best in slot destro lock using the two sets. If he was using burst trinkets I'm sure he could chaos bolt me for about 9k. Which, in essence is a one shot

Couldn't have gotten a better answer to what I was asking honestly, thanks for your time friend! Much appreciated.

Are those gems displaying wrong in the armory as +5 +5 because the ones I can get are +3 +3 Or am I missing something?

Are those gems displaying wrong in the armory as +5 +5 because the ones I can get are +3 +3 Or am I missing something?

Whitmends set bonus is not active and the int bonus from spellfire alone dosent make it worth getting. Go 85 or 87 both are easy to gear. 85 is only loot from dungeons/dsoul and a crafted bracers (easy 2 farm) and 87 are eng googles. Basicly really easy to gear

Whitmends set bonus is not active and the int bonus from spellfire alone dosent make it worth getting. Go 85 or 87 both are easy to gear. 85 is only loot from dungeons/dsoul and a crafted bracers (easy 2 farm) and 87 are eng googles. Basicly really easy to gear

You're telling me spellfire and whitemend are just useless now?

So the real question is, do i spend the 120k for the two sets?

The real question is how hard do you wanna hit. 8-9k chaos bolts with 8k hp or 6k chaos bolts with 10k hp. The choice is yours haha
[doublepost=1560637076,1560637020][/doublepost]
Incorrect, they've been fixed

The real question is how hard do you wanna hit. 8-9k chaos bolts with 8k hp or 6k chaos bolts with 10k hp. The choice is yours haha
[doublepost=1560637076,1560637020][/doublepost]
Incorrect, they've been fixed

How much damage you think I would lose if I went Int + stam gems instead of int + crit? Also won't demon armor help make up for that lack of stam a bit?

I'm a completely noob lock sooo

How much damage you think I would lose if I went Int + stam gems instead of int + crit? Also won't demon armor help make up for that lack of stam a bit?

I'm a completely noob lock sooo

A fair chunk, crit chance increases the dmg of your chaos bolt by the amount of crit % you have. And it does help, but with the amount of dmg some classes can do at 85, its not enough sometimes.

I'll tweak around with it a bit for sure as I get to that gear point. Need the fill 2 ring slots 2 trinkets and the shoulders and neck skill, got a little ways to go.

A fair chunk, crit chance increases the dmg of your chaos bolt by the amount of crit % you have. And it does help, but with the amount of dmg some classes can do at 85, its not enough sometimes.

Are there any other specs that work well with the whitemend spell fire or am I secluding myself to one?

Are there any other specs that work well with the whitemend spell fire or am I secluding myself to one?

You can use those sets for any Warlock spec. But the rest of your gear will need to change as the stat priority is different for destro compared to the other specs:
Destro: Int>Vers/Crit>Haste
Affliction: Int>Haste/Mastery>Versa>Crit
Demonology: Int>Haste/Versa>Master/Crit

Affliction requires about +15% haste to become fun to play (in my experience) any lower than this and it's just frustrating to get casts off & squeeze all the globals you need for affliction.
I'd say it's about the same haste needed to make demonology feel ok too.

The tough thing about 80-89 is that there's so many gear options. If you go whitemend and spellfire on affliction but in order to get to a decent haste point you have to sacrifice some intellect, would it not be better off ditching the whitemend and spellfire for a Cata Heroic Set + some dungeon pieces anyway?

I don't know the answer to that but this is the question you have to ask on what kind of twink you want and how you play them.

Whitmends set bonus is not active
they are working
[doublepost=1560764609,1560764411][/doublepost]
Are whitemend/spellfire consider BiS for a Deso lock at that level?

thats if you are after intel .. i used them up to lvl100 characters, with full 5int/6stam (or 5int/4versa) gems depending on my character's class
[doublepost=1560764778][/doublepost]
So the real question is, do i spend the 120k for the two sets?

cost of these 2 sets are the only issue to some players .. but if you have some alchem you can do the primal transmute daily, you will have enough primals in no time, they are only expensive on the AHs, if you make them yourself the price is relatively low

You can use those sets for any Warlock spec. But the rest of your gear will need to change as the stat priority is different for destro compared to the other specs:
Destro: Int>Vers/Crit>Haste
Affliction: Int>Haste/Mastery>Versa>Crit
Demonology: Int>Haste/Versa>Master/Crit

Affliction requires about +15% haste to become fun to play (in my experience) any lower than this and it's just frustrating to get casts off & squeeze all the globals you need for affliction.
I'd say it's about the same haste needed to make demonology feel ok too.

The tough thing about 80-89 is that there's so many gear options. If you go whitemend and spellfire on affliction but in order to get to a decent haste point you have to sacrifice some intellect, would it not be better off ditching the whitemend and spellfire for a Cata Heroic Set + some dungeon pieces anyway?

I don't know the answer to that but this is the question you have to ask on what kind of twink you want and how you play them.

I thought deso was int>crit>mastery>vers>haste>

I thought deso was int>crit>mastery>vers>haste>

Totally depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you want raw dps then Mastery & Haste should be your priority.

I just think that Versatility and Crit are easier to stack and allow your chaos bolt to 1 shot most often without sacrificing any intellect.

Users who are viewing this thread